PDA

View Full Version : Double Regulating N2?

Brian68mag
04-07-2002, 06:02 PM
Hi, i have a 68 classic mag,J&J 14 inch and a 68/3000 used aci bulldog tank and a nice cradle, its a older tank, needs to be hydro'd next january, it was my friends old tank but he stopped playing so i bought it for about 130, my velocities vary about +-12 and i was wondering if i double regulated it if that would make the velocities stay consistant, the tank regulater is new and i have a expansion htat the n2 runs through because i used co2 on a remote for awhile, but im gonna get ridda the expansion and was wondering if i should put a reg there, i want to know if it would help enough that it would be worth it.

I love my mag how it is, but a little more consistancy would help

Xzion
04-07-2002, 06:51 PM
Well, Technically, you would be triple regging it if you added another reg. Seeing as the N2 tank, has a reg, which goes into the Mag valve, where it is regged again, therefore, regging it twice already. Adding another reg probably wont do anything, since your regulating regulated air. The 'mag valve usually needs about around 800 PSI going into the reg. adding a third reg will only lower your input pressure as they can only regulate pressure down, not up.

toymyster
04-07-2002, 07:16 PM
First do ditch the ex. chamber!! The older Bulldog regs were rather inconsistent, the deviation you get could be because of that!!! If you are adding another reg., I would set the pressure on the high side (around 750psi) or you could have shootdown!!!