PDA

View Full Version : A goofy question on stars and air

Blazingace
04-07-2002, 06:05 PM
Hello,

I really love this forum thing. I can tap the knowledge of the collective. Where else can you do that?

Anyway, I was looking real closely at my Minimag valve today and I noticed that I can't find the stars. I thought that they were right above the serial number, but I can't find them. Also I noticed that it says "rated 3000 PSI". I thought that you could hook up a 4500 PSI tank to any 'Mag? If I get a regulator and drop the PSI down can I use a 4500 PSI tank? If not do I have an older Minimag valve? I bought the gun used so I don't know ho old it really is. Any input you all have on the above questions would be greatly appreciated. I really love my 'Mag and I am hoping to upgrade it and play some competitions with it, wanted to know if I would be limited in what I can do. Once again thank you.:confused: :confused:

Predater
04-07-2002, 06:49 PM
your gun was made before the stars wer done. ive got one like that. mine was baught new in 97.

the AIR valve is capable of having 3k psi in it. you will never put 3k on the valve directly. preset tanks are around 800psi output and adjustible tanks normaly only go a little over 1000. so you can put what ever nitro tank on you want. i run 900psi in my rt for reactive trigger purposes.

Blazingace
04-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Thank you very much. I guess I don't get the freebie repairs from AGD:( . Oh well, not like the Minimag actually breaks down tha often.:)

PyRo
04-08-2002, 02:43 PM
It is very rare that you will actually have to send your gun into agd to get it fixed.
A 4500 tank will work fine. You are never actually outputting more than maybie 1200 or so with any tank. The tanks have a reg on them that takes out the pressure before it ever leaves the tank itself.