PDA

View Full Version : Power Tube Spacers

Polishpickles451
04-07-2002, 07:11 PM
I keep on hearing about power tube spacers being used to solve bolt stick problems. Right now, my Mag shoots fine. but i was wondering what leads to bolt stick, what would develop this problem ?

Predater
04-07-2002, 08:20 PM
if you buy a new bolt it may not sit the same and you will need a new spacer.

Xzion
04-07-2002, 09:25 PM
There used to solve bolt stick, and barrel leaks. Theres a bunch of things that can lead to these problems, from a new bolt, as stated above, or a new sear, and sometimes a new gripframe.

Anything that could effect how the bolt seats on the power tube o-ring could be solved with a spacer, which varies where the bolt seats on the power tube o-ring.

PyRo
04-08-2002, 02:45 PM
Your old parts wearing down can also affect it.

MikeCouves
04-08-2002, 03:29 PM
Yeah anything from the bolt, gripframe, trigger, trigger rod length will affect how the bolt sits on the PT Oring. So if you buy something like that, make sure to have a PT Spacer Kit handy!

Polishpickles451
04-09-2002, 03:59 PM
Thanks alot people. Would buying an intelliframe and putting it on a 2 month old 68 automag create any problems ? The sear is brand new and the bolt looks fine. Would anyone recommend a different frip frame for under $200 ??

Xzion
04-09-2002, 09:48 PM
It -might- cause problems, its just a matter of tolerences. The way the griprame sits on the marker may vary slightly,not enough to cause serious problems mind you, but enough to allow the bolt to seat slightly differently onthe power tube o-ring, which may cause a barrel leak, or bolt stick. A spacer kit is always handy to have on hand, and you'll probably need to change your spacer at least once during the time you have your 'mag.

The Intelliframe is pretty much the best upgade gripframe, the only one I can suggest thats equal or better than the intelliframe, would be the Z-Grip, which is better IMO :)