PDA

View Full Version : Building an Automag

Bervin
04-07-2002, 07:12 PM
I want to build a custom automag and was wondering how to do it. I want to start from scratch and I want to buy an Intellifeed, power feed body, body rail, barrel, bolt, valve, parts kit, bottom line adapter, gas through grip, and a drop forward. I already have a nitro tank and a revy. Is this all I need to build an Automag and how do I do it, or what else do i need. Any info would be great.

a_malfunction
04-07-2002, 07:26 PM
You are going to need a grip frame screw, rail bushing, field strip screw, and if you have a gas through grip, you'll probably need a vert adapter. You'll need some air lines and elbows as well. A revvy would be good too.

PyRo
04-08-2002, 02:41 PM
Intelliframe
Power feed body
minimag, or regular minimag is a little bit longer, and has some milling on the front
body rail
barrel
valve (bolt comes with it usually depending on who/were you buy it from)
parts kit (good to have some spare parts around, but not necessary to build a new gun, the valve comes with all the seals in it)
bottom line adapter
gas through grip (you don't need a vert adapter, i don't know what he is talking about)
drop forward
sear
rail bushing
field strip screw
front frame screw
hoses (macro or SS)
I think that that is it, maybie a twist lock assay (not sure if that comes with the rail)

Xzion
04-08-2002, 07:36 PM
Most people dont know this, but if you contact your local dealer, you can give them specs to how you want your mag to come from AGD. IE, you can order a polished mainbody, intelliframe, ReTro Valved 'mag straight from AGD, and add aftermarket additional parts once you get it. The best part is, they take care of all the little parts, and get it working for you before it leaves the factory.

Havoc_online
04-09-2002, 07:29 PM
Most people dont know this, but if you contact your local dealer, you can give them specs to how you want your mag to come from AGD. IE, you can order a polished mainbody, intelliframe, ReTro Valved 'mag straight from AGD, and add aftermarket additional parts once you get it. The best part is, they take care of all the little parts, and get it working for you before it leaves the factory.

sure that's cool, but then he won't be able to say he built it, I can say that for mine and I like it!:cool:

PyRo
04-09-2002, 07:35 PM
Take it apart, put it back together, and you built it. :)

Havoc_online
04-09-2002, 09:01 PM
ah, c'mon, you know it's not the same.......

Xzion
04-09-2002, 09:27 PM
I suppose it wouldnt be the same, but at least it would be tuned properly coming from the factory :)

soilent green
04-10-2002, 01:22 PM
I wanted to do the same but I found it disapointing that it was going to cost more than buying a new one

MikeCouves
04-10-2002, 04:02 PM
It will be way cheaper to buy the whole mag and then put what you want on it...

ProjectMag
04-10-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by MikeCouves
It will be way cheaper to buy the whole mag and then put what you want on it...

Not true. There's no point in buying a stock mag and then end up replacing everything except the body and rail with different parts. Plus, if you can find some used things in the classifieds, you'll save quite a bit.