PDA

View Full Version : minimag setup

Stimpy
04-07-2002, 07:57 PM
i was going to get a DZ II cradle and run nitro...is it possible to remove my current upright ASA and rplace it with a foregrip? if so, which one would you reccomend?

Predater
04-07-2002, 08:15 PM
put a gas through grip on the vert asa. they are great. i dont like long hose's on my guns.

Xzion
04-07-2002, 09:47 PM
Id have to suggest going with a gas-through foregrip as well, presuming you can fit one on. Im stuck with using a 20" SS hose due to the fact I cant fit a foregrip on, and since I dont even use a foregrip, I dont really need one on there hehe.

But, if you really want to, just remove your body rail, and in front of (towards the front of the marker) the barrel twist lock nubbin, you'll find an inset screw. Remove the screw, and your vertical ASA will come off, as the screw is threaded into the ASA.

PyRo
04-08-2002, 02:48 PM
Xion cannot you use a forgrip extender to make it fit?

dave_p
04-08-2002, 06:51 PM
picture here:
http://m-net.arbornet.org/~lorax/mag.jpg

Xzion
04-08-2002, 07:28 PM
PyRo: I -could- use an extender, but seeing as I dont even use a foregrip, its not on the top of my list. Perhaps someday I might get my uncle to produce me a block of aluminum in his machine shop, which will put a foregrip closer to the frame. I don't need, or want a foregrip out that far on my setup. Having it nestled right up in front of my Z-Grip frame will be perfect for me :) also let me lose that stupid SS hose hehe

PyRo
04-08-2002, 07:33 PM
Good reasoning :)

Xzion
04-08-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
Good reasoning :)

But of course. Us dragons are very practical thinkers. Most of the time at least, we can have our silly moments too. Kinda like when I decided to get a 21" SS hose for my 'marker :D