PDA

View Full Version : Dye Stickies for Emags Poll

Rynoboy06
04-07-2002, 08:52 PM
It's been at least a week or so since a few AO'ers sent Mr. Youngblood our pleas for Emag stickies, and to the best of my knowledge, have recieved no reply. I was thinking about Intellaframes, specifically how AGD asked us if we'd pay more for stock stickies on them, and got the go-ahead to put those stickies right on. What if we gave AGD a mandate to put stickies (or some similarly comfortable wrap-around grip)on all the Emags...for a small-but-worth-it price increase? I don't know how much it might cost, but if I'm going to buy that $900-$1300 piece of equipment it doesn't matter too much, does it? Then TK could get on the horn and get us some stickies. Quantity brings the price down and the profits for whoever manufactures them up. Between most of the old emags, all new ones, and the extremes/SFL's it HAS to be worth it to make new grips. Tell me what you think!

EDIT: The Frymarker has generously offered her services in the creation of a prototype or a mold for making these grips to AGD. Somebody make sure Tom finds this out and acts on it!

slayer
04-07-2002, 09:34 PM
I wish hogue would make something to fit it. They aren't as trendy but they are nice grips also. Dye cost = image + advertising + actual product costs. I don't think that there stuff should cost as much as it does. It is good stuff, but too pricey for what you get in my opinion.

MajorDamage
04-07-2002, 10:03 PM
I almost bought some 32Degrees Angel Gel Grips today to put on my Emag, I would have to add like 2 more holes and they would work. I might have to trim a little off the back so that the grips don't cover the safety, but I believe it would work. Has anyone tried yet? If I had an old pair of Angel grips I would try it out, I'd just hate to waste $13 on some grips that may not work. I put a pair of the field owners stock Angel grips up to my frame, and am almost positive they would fit quite nice if I just added two more holes for the screws ;).And they were clear so I would be able to still see the LED screen(which I don't really even use anyways...) Anyone wanna give me some Angel grips???:D:D

ENDO!

Cristobal
04-07-2002, 10:26 PM
The current grips have a cheap-o look to them that is definitely not in keeping with the style or price-range of the marker. I would think any sort of nice wrap-around grips would be a good idea, although stickies would be great.

damageinc54
04-07-2002, 10:26 PM
Some grips with finger grooves would be nice. AGD should have milled some grooves into the grip frame like the micro emag has.

BlackVCG
04-07-2002, 10:53 PM
The stock grips are fine. I think if someone makes grips any thicker than the stock ones, people will be complaining that the frame is too thick for their hands. The stock ones are clean (no annoying logos) and fit just right. Besides, I hardly have my hand on the grips when I'm shooting.

nw2c2003
04-08-2002, 01:16 AM
I went to a local gun store and bought slip on hogue grips for a 45 and put them on my e-mag. They do make it a bit bulky but they are alot more comfortable.

Rynoboy06
04-08-2002, 05:34 AM
Post pics! How does it look?

MrAirgunRT
04-08-2002, 06:30 AM
Well at the Ultimate Madness, Dye Stickies were for sale from 28.00 - 30.00, and the Smart Parts stickies, which are identical and look better in my opinion were for sale for 15.00. Let's say I don't use anything Dye. But anyway, on subject, two of my teammates use E-Mags and they would probably like new grips on the E.

pip_999
04-08-2002, 07:37 AM
how bout the freak stickies on the e-mag :D:D:D:D

Rynoboy06
04-08-2002, 05:22 PM
I started thinking Dye all the way, because I have a set of Stickies, and they're great, but the Smartparts and 32 degrees ones are *exactly* the same in terms of looks and cheaper in price. Do they feel different at all? I wouldn't mind any new molded-rubber wrap-around grip, and if going cheap makes it happen, that'd be fine. Dye might even come in and compete in the market if the others were there first. So - are the imitations just as good?

MajorDamage
04-08-2002, 09:17 PM
I think the Smart Parts ones are basically the same, the 32Degrees ones are diffrent, but still really nice. The 32Degrees ones are "gel grips" they remind me of the gel stuff they put in those gel bicycle seat covers, very comfy :)

ENDO!

Fred
05-03-2002, 08:25 AM
personally, i don't find DYE Stickies to be all that sticky in my hand.

I like the Hogues much better, but that's probably just me.

I think the emag definitely needs something... from the selling standpoint I would say go with the DYEs, since you can get the different colors, and people recognize the DYE name.

my .02

---Fred

liigod
05-03-2002, 08:53 AM
actually, im looking into having somem rubber stickie style grips made over the summer.

Rynoboy06
05-04-2002, 12:48 PM
Where can you get custom grips made? Cost? Could we get a better deal if a mess of AO types ordered them together? TK might even buy some for the store, and then we could do high volume/very low cost. I'm still hoping he'll comment on this thread and tell us what he thinks.

PsychoMag
05-22-2002, 02:38 PM
i have a few sets of custom grips for my emags. i have 2 sets with my team logo in them, and a 3rd set ordered to match my new blue emag

FutureMagOwner
05-22-2002, 03:05 PM
well dye makes stuff that doesnt break that often(everything i have thats dye has never broken) i have though had problems with smartparts in the past(not with my freak but with other things) and therefore i will no longer purchase pretty much anything they make. and 32*'s seems like its trying to be like dye in many ways but cheaper(sounds like 2 certain other companies that try to copy other stuff and sell it cheaper)

Rynoboy06
05-22-2002, 05:47 PM
Psychomag - are these rubber wrap-around grips, or panel grips like SM5's or those trippy one Capoeria (I think I said it right :D) had made? If they're rubber wrap-arounds, where did you get them and how much did they cost? Pics?

G-Rexx
05-24-2002, 04:26 PM
Just about any grip is better the the curent stock grips I now have!!!

PigSweat
05-24-2002, 10:52 PM
You should start another poll: "Will this poll actually make any difference in the grips Emags come with?"

My vote: no

Rynoboy06
05-24-2002, 11:27 PM
Pigsweat- I don't need an immediate run of nice grips to consider this a sucess. I think when 90% of the votes are for improved stock emag grips at additional cost, that this poll will alert AGD to the fact that there is a market for an improved grip. I've heard talk that someone might have a custom set made. Maybe because they saw this thread they'll hook us at AO with a discounted mass-buy. I bet if somebody produces nice grips that TK will buy some for the store. Look beyond immediate results and maybe you won't have to be quite so negative in outlook. We get listened to here.

PigSweat
05-24-2002, 11:38 PM
Sorry, I'm just pissed off and bitter. My g/f is cheating on me...

Rynoboy06
05-24-2002, 11:48 PM
OK dude. Your problem's worse than mine. :eek:

cris8762
07-01-2002, 08:54 PM
would you believe that smart parts and dye stickies are made in the exact same factory?:D

FactsOfLife
07-01-2002, 08:59 PM
these are going on my retromag...

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet....
http://www.gunaccessories.com/PachmayrRubberGrips/americanlegendseries/PachmayrALS1911.jpg

and by the way, they run about 30 bucks. cheaper if you do some looking...

edit: sorry, I forgot to tell who makes them. These are Pachmayr's American Legend Series.

Bob Mundon
07-01-2002, 09:04 PM
ive got houge grips on my competition pistol, and i love them so much.

i like houge better than dyes on paintball guns too.

jeffremiller
07-01-2002, 09:19 PM
Hey... I had Pach grips like that on my Model 98... they're the only thing I miss about it.

Maybe on the RT...

But on the subject of grips... I had a set of clear made that are shightly thicker...which is good since I have large hands. Dye clear panels would be nice

J_

Rynoboy06
07-01-2002, 09:55 PM
This problem has become moot for me becuase Frymarker/grip gurl makes custom wrap-around rubber grips for emags. Or any other kind of emag grip that is desired.

spyder3634
07-01-2002, 10:26 PM
i think if by the time im in need of a new grip for my emag, if there arent any produced i will just buy an angel grip and make it work. but i vote for someone making a run of nice rubber grips for emags. great idea:)

mykroft
07-01-2002, 10:49 PM
The grips aren't great, but aren't as bad as the Pewter crap on the Matrix. Stickie stule grips would be best, Hogues second ( I prefer the rubber used in stickies)

einhander619
07-01-2002, 11:28 PM
Speaking of Heather the grip gurl, what if AGD comissioned her to make the grips for the new extremes? I know that it's a little farfetched, but it's better than giving business to a company that doesn't give a <B>darn</B> about mags. Dye does make nice things, and they do have brand recognition, which is important to getting AGD back on top.

<B>*No cussing* -Miscue</B>

Rynoboy06
07-02-2002, 02:11 PM
I don't know if she's set up to handle the quantity - but AGD buying 1000's of grips would certainly help her turn a profit in a hurry. I guess we can ask her if she's up for it when she gets set up in her new house.

shartley
07-02-2002, 02:21 PM
I agree that the grips currently on the E-Mag do not show the same “quality” as the rest of the marker, for the price you pay. I also think the E-Mag is not a very comfortable “gripped” marker (as compared to the RTP).. it is a bit blocky.

The problem is (as was stated) that to get nice grips on the E-Mag it would make it more bulky than it already it. I however think I will try to make a nice sculpted pair similar to the ones I made for a standard 45 Frame…. But custom fit for the E-Mag. They will have to be VERY thin, but I am sure I can do it. And any “sculpted” grip will be better than what they use now (IMHO).

http://www.gbsu-usa.net/boss/philsgrips2.jpg
(just to give an idea… now thin these down super thin but keep the basic lines…)

The Frymarker
09-21-2002, 08:00 AM
Hey guys,

If Tom want me to sculpt a grip for him and he wanted the mold or prototype to make quanities I would without a problem:D

GhostXmasFuture
09-21-2002, 06:18 PM
The E-mag is such a nice piece of work that I feel the grips are an insult to the product. And yes, when one spends as much on a high end gun (no complaints about price} they deserve to have total quality.
I would be very surprised by the person that would spend alot of money on an E-mag and then actually complain about 20 or 30 extra bucks spent for grips.

magman007
09-22-2002, 04:32 PM
oh, well first off, id like to let yo uall know, that it was may that i sent the plea to dave. Still no response. I recall other members sent their pleas as well. Shartley is completely right, we cant make em much thicker. Alot of you also said, you would like dye stickie panels. well if you want that, gove Jeff(loadsm5) your business. His grips are great, more comefortable in my whole opinion, and there trippy and clear like!

If we want stickies, we have to bombard dye with phone calls and e-mails. who is with me? im not kkidding. tomorow, everyone call and write dye. Keep doing this till he caves in. Did you ever see the shaw shank redemption? he kept writing till the state caved in and gave him the library funds.

Also, id like ot let you all know, houge makes dye stickies. They use a cheeper rubber to make em too. Your buying better grips if you buy houge.

EVERYONE WRITE AND CALL DYE ITS OUR OLNY HOPE!!!

magman007
10-25-2002, 03:37 PM
guys

olny vote on one thread, or we wong get the results we need to get them made! one of the threads has to go

lamby
10-26-2002, 08:43 AM
All this talk about hte stickies is going to make me do some testing. I compared my E-Mag to a Sig P220 (large frame auto pistol) and the frames are almost the same size. I would then think that the hogue large frame slip ons will fit the E-Mag (they are designed to fit the P220) I will pick up 2 today, one for the grip and one for the battery and take pictures of it. I will also let you know if I like them after the tourney on Sun.

Here is Hogues URL:
http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?id=114&step=2

and here is a pic on a glock 26 (another large frame auto)

The Frymarker
10-26-2002, 09:00 AM
Hey I came out with some new style grips, they are the right and left handed thumbrest for emag.

Pretty comfy

I am in the process of making wraps the same way

magman007
10-26-2002, 09:46 AM
WOW heather those are nice! IM going to have to order a pair of everyones grips out, and find out what i feel is nicest. How much heather? if you dont mind me askin.

Also, the major problem isnt the size of the frame, the problem is the is the 3 hole configuration

The Frymarker
10-26-2002, 09:52 AM
Those grips are $25 plus $5 shipping, all panels are the same.

As far as the 3 hole configuration what do you mean exactly?

shartley
10-26-2002, 10:14 AM
Well... just so folks don't think there is only one place for grips....

Here is a set of E-Magnum Grips I am working on for Phil. They are not done yet though. I am still finishing them. The E-Magnum does not have a window.... and my E-Mag grips will.

I am going to also work on a couple different styles (one very similar to the grips shown in my post above). But unlike Heather's, my designs will work with BOTH Right and Left handed people... no need to make two separate designs. ;)
http://www.gbsu-usa.net/boss/philsgrips1.jpg
This combination of styles (Heather's and mine) should offer folks a wide range to choose from.

I will also (like Heather has been) keep folks updated. :D

The Frymarker
10-26-2002, 10:39 AM
Cool!!!:D

shartley
10-26-2002, 10:42 AM
It's all good! :D Our goal should be to make so many styles that they have a hard time deciding which to get. LOL

The Frymarker
10-26-2002, 10:44 AM
Yes who need Dye anyway!

shartley
10-26-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by The Frymarker
Yes who need Dye anyway!
Who needs who? ;)

The Frymarker
10-26-2002, 10:45 AM
Or they buy them all!:D

I really like those grips Shartley they came out really nice, what kind of wood did you use?

shartley
10-26-2002, 10:52 AM
Thanks. They are Walnut sent to me from Tunaman. Good wood, and easy to finish in a wide range of shades.

Those grips are pretty classic lines. I want to make some with more sculpting.. sexy curves. I may even look into having plastic or rubber inserts…. Who knows. It all depends on what I run across and can modify for grip use.

Folks used to complain that Mags just don’t have as much stuff to “Get” for them…. This is a good start. :)

magman007
10-26-2002, 10:57 AM
damn, im gunna be poor from grips! gotta get me a pair of the frymarkers, A pair of sams, and another pair of loads... Oh well its worth supporting each one of them!

shartley
10-26-2002, 10:58 AM
LOL You will have mood grips.

“How do I feel today?.... hmmmm I feel like these!”

The Frymarker
10-26-2002, 10:58 AM
oh magman how sweet

lamby
10-26-2002, 03:12 PM
I put the hogue slipons on my emag (very darn tight) but I sent a couple of pics, They are very comfy and are only 10 bones. I also put one on the battery, but it is not done yet

lamby
10-26-2002, 03:13 PM
second pic

loren
10-27-2002, 10:51 AM
I think hearing agd's opinion would be great and if its possible that they could have dye make 3 holes stickies just for emags. If not than some of you with stickies and emags , why dont you wrap you stickies around and see if it is possible to drill your own 3 screw holes.(sticckies are probibly too small but its worth a shot)

blnk162
11-01-2002, 01:16 AM
I dont think it would be in dye's best interest to make stickeys for the emag.

First off theres arent even that many emags out there...say what you like because this is the agd forum, but in reality compared to angels and autocockers there just arent.

2nd off because of the small amount of emags out there isnt a large group of people to cater to, making a mold and changing your operation isnt all that easy and cheap either....I mean the angel lcd was so much more popular than the emag and still is even though its not at the top of its game anymore and it took almost a year for dye to make stickies for it.

shartley
11-07-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by blnk162
I dont think it would be in dye's best interest to make stickeys for the emag.

First off theres arent even that many emags out there...say what you like because this is the agd forum, but in reality compared to angels and autocockers there just arent.

2nd off because of the small amount of emags out there isnt a large group of people to cater to, making a mold and changing your operation isnt all that easy and cheap either....I mean the angel lcd was so much more popular than the emag and still is even though its not at the top of its game anymore and it took almost a year for dye to make stickies for it.
This is very true. But all the better for us custom grip folks. ;)

DiRTyBuNNy
11-07-2002, 01:12 PM
not name dropping but i did ask a person I know at Dye and he said at this point, barring the X-Mag being a breakout success on par with the Angel or Matrix, Dye has zero plans regarding EMag stickies..My person said he feels my pain but Dye is just not hearing it. What he's said is that there aren't enough people out there with Emags who want to buy grips from them to make it worth their while.

The Frymarker
12-18-2002, 06:02 AM
I am making stickies for the new year if anyone is interested

PsychoBaller
12-18-2002, 11:23 AM
It seems as soon as someone posts a thread, that uses pictures to illustrate, they get people thinking more than if they didn't us a picture....

I know the idea has come up before, but not as many people responded to my thread with the photoshopped stickys on my SFL.... lol

PsychoBaller
12-18-2002, 11:31 AM
dangit, i forgot to attach this in my last post..