PDA

View Full Version : Is there any real difference b/t a 10inch barrel and 12inch barrels performance.

Jason Reed
04-08-2002, 01:46 PM
I have looked and looked and this simple question has yet to be answered. I bought a 10inch dye ss and was wondering if I should have bought a 12inch. I love the barrel and how compact it is but do i sacrifice any performance issues do to the shorter lenth.

Flamebo
04-08-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Jason Reed
I have looked and looked and this simple question has yet to be answered. I bought a 10inch dye ss and was wondering if I should have bought a 12inch. I love the barrel and how compact it is but do i sacrifice any performance issues do to the shorter lenth.

In a word: No.

I'm not sure if you want detailed physics reports and a list of reasons why it makes no difference, but the fact is it doesn't matter one bit.

pip_999
04-08-2002, 02:23 PM
it absolutely affects nothing

TheTramp
04-08-2002, 02:23 PM
The only differences (if the % of porting is the same) will be that the shorter barrel will be louder and probably a little more efficient due to less friction. The noise could be noticeable but you probably wont notice the efficiency difference.