PDA

View Full Version : leek problum

pbR2k2
04-08-2002, 02:39 PM
Hey everyone. I use CO2 right now (not for long, I really hate it). But anyways, when I screw in the tank, after a couple turns it starts leaking, then if a turn it about once more or so, the leaking stops. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not, but its just kinda annoying. If anyone knows wuts wrong and could give me some way to fix it, or if its supposed to happen, thanx for anything you can say

thanx:)

PyRo
04-08-2002, 02:55 PM
What do you mean, it leaks as you are screwing the tank in? If this is the case hold the trigger back while you are gassing up, and that will solve the problem.

pbR2k2
04-08-2002, 03:06 PM
Oh thanx alot man. yeah it was leaking when i was screwing in the tank. Holdin the trigger did help, thanx...:)

pbR2k2
04-09-2002, 08:14 PM
Awwwww MAN! It's not working anymore.... :mad: Holding on the trigger doesnt stop the leak. Ok heres a better description of whats happening:
When I screw in my tank, and just as it starts pressurizing it go "Fhhssshhiiiiisss" (leaks), and it doesn't stop until I turn it about 1/2 or so turns more.
After the last 1/2 turn the gun will pressurize and and everything will work fine, it's just that it kinda annyoing every time I wanna screw in my tank to have it waste that much C02 and have it spray on you is just annoying Well if anyone has the cure for this thing i'd made me happy

†håñx
-- † î (V)

magplayerr
04-09-2002, 10:01 PM
Try a new tank o-ring and if that doesn't help try a new asa adapter. It could also be your tank, try a different tank and see this fixes your leak

pbR2k2
04-09-2002, 10:16 PM
Hmmm... Well i've tried like three or four tanks and they all did the same thing... I've tried new O-Rings and everything.... It's probly just the stupid ASA... Hmm... I just got an idea i'll see if it works be back in a bit:eek: :eek:

pbR2k2
04-10-2002, 12:36 PM
Ah ha! I figured it out! The pin in the ASA was to long, and when i'd start to screw in the tank, it would let CO2 out of the bottle before the O-Ring could seal and have it pressurize the gun... Now i need to find a way to sand down or make the pin in the ASA a bit smaller so this won't happen... Thanx for all the help everyone

- † î [\/]

nutz
04-10-2002, 06:26 PM
so it only leaks from the asa???

if it leaks from ne thing else, this is normal because the valve does not seal untill there is enuff pressure in it... to get that pressure u gotta screw ur tank in all the way

if this still bothers u get an asa with an on off

paint magnet
04-11-2002, 02:49 PM
If it really bothers you, getting a new ASA is about the only thing you can do. BTW, if you screw the tank in fast, then it doesn't waste that much CO2. (I'm guessing about 10-20 shots worth)