PDA

View Full Version : I Need Opinoins NOW!!! Please Look!

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 05:06 PM
ok just got this trade offer

my microE, warpfeed, HALO, maybe freak kit (roughly ~$1200)

for trade for::

Black IR3 (roughly ~$1200)

what do you guys think? i just got this microE but i dunno if i wanna pass this offer up

please share your opinoins, i know you all hate angels, but try and give me an honest answer:)
thanks
Cliff

please dont just say, well its up to you, i know that, im just taking some thoughts on it

thanks again

Load SM5
04-08-2002, 05:11 PM
It's tempting, but I don't know. Why is he trading? I would probably stick with the Micro for now.

Telefragged
04-08-2002, 05:12 PM
Well, I don't hate Angels, but am not overly fond of them. I'd say stick with the Micro-E not becuase (well, I am partially biased...hehehe) nevermind...

The Micro-E has a loader, barrel, and a Warp already. Trade for the IR3 and you'll have to spend ~$500 to get the same type of setup (warp, halo, etc.)

Just my opinion, but the Micro-E gives more bang-for-the-buck

PsychoMag
04-08-2002, 05:13 PM
an LCD would be nice, like a sweet FLY, or something, but stay away from the IR3's for a while. They are banned from tourney play all over, and there is electronics problems as I understand thru the grapevine.

other than that...go for it.

will you still need that PTP adapter? :)

paint king
04-08-2002, 05:15 PM
It's ultimitely up to you but think about it warp,halo freak on a micro Emag. For an Ir3. I am not bashing Ir3's because they are good but i just think the mag is better. But its if you like the look feel and performence of the Ir3 over the Emag. You might i know many people do. I would say if you havnt tried an Ir3 yet try one and then make your decision.

speedballbanks
04-08-2002, 05:16 PM
why are they banned from tourneys i haven't heard this yet?

TITAN
04-08-2002, 05:17 PM
i would do it but its up to what you feel you lay better with...

psychomag- how are they banned from tourney play? i have never heard of this and i HIGHLY doubt they are.

toymyster
04-08-2002, 05:21 PM
I would stick with the micro!!!

PsychoMag
04-08-2002, 05:29 PM
several major tournaments have banned the IR3 software due to the text messaging and communication between the markers.
Whether it is in a specific mode or not can be turned on as easily as off.

TITAN
04-08-2002, 05:37 PM
i dont see why because its not like you can tell people where other people are or if someones moving up on you or somethin... its only to tell you when maintainence is required or it has message when you reach a certain bps and so on, i think thats just plain dumb

iisp0tii
04-08-2002, 05:54 PM
are the new ir3's still messed up??? like rockys ir3 in the ground because it wouldnt work right??

hitech
04-08-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Telefragged
The Micro-E has a loader, barrel, and a Warp already. Trade for the IR3 and you'll have to spend ~$500 to get the same type of setup (warp, halo, etc.)

Just my opinion, but the Micro-E gives more bang-for-the-buck

Mine also.

SoupRman
04-08-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by PsychoMag
several major tournaments have banned the IR3 software due to the text messaging and communication between the markers.
Whether it is in a specific mode or not can be turned on as easily as off. Our home field is strict NPPL rules and ours among others have banned the markers in tourney, most have been recalled...

if thats true then why did they let members from ground zero, avalanche, and dynasty use them at mardi gras open?

the ir3 was in the ground because the guy from avalanche is known for throwing guns to the dirt. not so sure it was rocky.

TITAN
04-08-2002, 07:13 PM
it was not rocky

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 07:42 PM
also, more news in, the gun is brand new still in the box

dansim
04-08-2002, 07:47 PM
go for the 1r3 sorry guys angels are just sweeter im not sure you should throw in the freek but if thats what it take then get it!

dansim
04-08-2002, 07:49 PM
there alot louder if thats the bang your goin for but accuracy seems to lack

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by dansim
go for the 1r3 sorry guys angels are just sweeter im not sure you should throw in the freek but if thats what it take then get it!

thats what im really thinkin, i just wanna try it and if i dont like it, well i can sell it for more than i can the emicro

and i wont be playing until summer, so ive got lots of time for up-grades

i think im gonna do it

as far as the text messaging, they dont send text person to person, the text comes from the gun to the person, as in the gun communicates to the owners what needs to be done as far as maintence, no way would messaging ever be allowed, and wdp knows this, so why have a gun that no one can use?

TITAN
04-08-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio

as far as the text messaging, they dont send text person to person, the text comes from the gun to the person, as in the gun communicates to the owners what needs to be done as far as maintence, no way would messaging ever be allowed, and wdp knows this, so why have a gun that no one can use?

exactly

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by TITAN

exactly

i hate when people get all excited about something that isnt even true

anyways, you can also program the text to say whatever you want, like at 5k shots if you want it to say "BOO" or whatever it will

that is what they mean by text messaging

the ir sensor is used to reset or change the user controls, so like the example someone used if you want rockys settings and you see him with his ir3 he just has to push a button and boom you have rockys settings on your ir3

the ir sensor does nothing else

xmetal2001
04-08-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by dansim
but accuracy seems to lack
You've been here since June and you still think this?:confused:

If your happy with your mag stick with it. But if your thinking you might get rid of it anytime soon trade for the IR3. You'll probably get better resell with that anyway.

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by xmetal2001

You've been here since June and you still think this?:confused:

If your happy with your mag stick with it. But if your thinking you might get rid of it anytime soon trade for the IR3. You'll probably get better resell with that anyway.

resale, thats exactly what really comes to mind, i can always trade it for a race gun or something nice, so i am almost 100% sure im gonna take the ir3, but if anyone else has anything to say im all ears

but its gonna take some good arguments to persuade me:)

not that i want to get rid of my mag, but this seems to be a good deal, and i REALLY wanna try an ir3

Croix71
04-08-2002, 09:08 PM
I was gonna say that if there's a way you could try an IR3 before you do the trade and see if you like the feel. You have to test drive a car before you buy it right? :D Also, your IR3 will be Warpless and Haloless. If that's o.k. and you like the IR3 go for it.

PsychoMag
04-08-2002, 09:09 PM
from the "official Announcement" text messaging is communication between the markers by the player holding it, not the fact that it tells you when the battery is low or the fact that you can put two together and copy eachothers settings. players send code via these markers to communicate where another position is, therefore it was banned undeer the rule stating no electronic communiction device as clearly stated in the NPPL rules. As for them in MrdiGras, they have been changed, but the question is, has this individual marker been updated? New In box means nothing if it is the older ones like the ones 888 is stuck with.

Other than that, I know the triggerframe takes some getting used to, butnothing different than the Zgrip.

Heck, go for it, if you dont like it, you can trade it, just like you were traded for it.

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Croix71
I was gonna say that if there's a way you could try an IR3 before you do the trade and see if you like the feel. You have to test drive a car before you buy it right? :D Also, your IR3 will be Warpless and Haloless. If that's o.k. and you like the IR3 go for it.

i have held the ir3, thats my extent as to the physical aspects, but i liked it for the 5 seconds i was holding it, very nice and the grip didnt even bother me, and i dont think its that ugly at all
Cliff

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:13 PM
from the "official Announcement" text messaging is communication between the markers by the player holding it, not the fact that it tells you when the battery is low or the fact that you can put two together and copy eachothers settings. players send code via these markers to communicate where another position is, therefore it was banned undeer the rule stating no electronic communiction device as clearly stated in the NPPL rules. As for them in MrdiGras, they have been changed, but the question is, has this individual marker been updated? New In box means nothing if it is the older ones like the ones 888 is stuck with.
where was this from?

i do know that its straight from wdp and got here this week, so whatever that means

i was never under any impression that actaul text messages could be sent, but i would like to know the source of that statment

freak16
04-08-2002, 09:15 PM
stay away from the if you want a nice gun get a shocker.the best gun for the $$$$$$ hands down.:D

PsychoMag
04-08-2002, 09:16 PM
i will search paintballcity for the thread i believe, but if it is a week old, it is the new model anyways

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by freak16
stay away from the if you want a nice gun get a shocker.the best gun for the $$$$$$ hands down.:D

and here ladies and gentleman is one more reason to say no to crack...

i have owned a shocker, and just want to say, wasnt a pleasurable exp.

can you please explain whyn ir3's are "junk"

freak16
04-08-2002, 09:18 PM
well that is what i hear and a lot of people are returning them from what i hear and you can purchase the at 888paintball for 800 used

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:21 PM
well that is what i hear and a lot of people are returning them from what i hear and you can purchase the at 888paintball for 800 used

can you show me a link to that?

freak16
04-08-2002, 09:21 PM
the shocker is by far the most accurate gun i have ever shot .

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:22 PM
the shocker is by far the most accurate gun i have ever shot .

accuracy is in paint to barrel match

PsychoMag
04-08-2002, 09:24 PM
i remember now...

BOND1313 was able to get them from 888paintball when the ban went into effect for 800 for black and 850 or so for colors, cuz everyone was returning them. I remember that a couple months ago when they were released. I know they were updated, and if the update is released (obviously) then they arent banned by the communication law anylonger since the text aspect was removed, or "locked" however it was changed. The cool thing is the copycat idea of the Infrared though.

freak16
04-08-2002, 09:24 PM
my team mate can get them for 800.im not sure if its on their site or not i doubt it since that would be bad for buisness .

PsychoMag
04-08-2002, 09:25 PM

can you show me a link to that?

you wont find a link, since 888 doesnt sell used equipment to the public.

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:25 PM
i remember now...

BOND1313 was able to get them from 888paintball when the ban went into effect for 800 for black and 850 or so for colors, cuz everyone was returning them. I remember that a couple months ago when they were released. I know they were updated, and if the update is released (obviously) then they arent banned by the communication law anylonger since the text aspect was removed, or "locked" however it was changed. The cool thing is the copycat idea of the Infrared though.

i see then i stand corrected, however they do not NOW send messages:)
as in new models

wonder who got fired over that dumb idea:)

Cliff

PsychoMag
04-08-2002, 09:28 PM
i thnk it is a cool idea for woods, but the complaint wasnt about players on the field, it was about players/spectators off the field giving guidance. I believe the range was a few hundred feet. since obviously the player couldnt take the time to scroll and enter letters and numbers, the fear was sideline interference giving codes for positions and such

freak16
04-08-2002, 09:30 PM
im talking with barrel to paint match the shocker has the best distance with the best accuracy.

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:30 PM
im talking with barrel to paint match the shocker has the best distance with the best accuracy.

your kidding right??

PsychoMag
04-08-2002, 09:33 PM
lol...i didnt even see that discussion...where did this shocker thing come in to play? lol...

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:35 PM
lol...i didnt even see that discussion...where did this shocker thing come in to play? lol...

i dunno but i hope he isnt serious

freak16
04-08-2002, 09:38 PM
oh i forgot thet cant talk and either can you your dead and in a box.:)

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:40 PM
OMG, first of all distance is the same if almost all guns, 300fps is still 300fps, so if you shoot it out of a cocker or an angel or a shocker and its the same paint, and at the same velocity they will all go equal distance, on average

sorry my friend but myths surround you

if only there was a way to combine the accuracy of a cocker with the distance of a shocker, no THAT would be sweet:rolleyes:

PsychoMag
04-08-2002, 09:40 PM
so cliffio, on a better note, guess you dont need that PTP adapter anymore? lol...i got that warp from goose, should have it the end of the week

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:41 PM
i still need it

it goes with the warp/micro set up

how much you want for it?

lemme know
Cliff

PsychoMag
04-08-2002, 09:42 PM
I am deciding what is funnier, you two going back and forth on this accuracy issue, or the Osbournes on MTV. :P

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:42 PM
wanna hear a funny story, thats my warp feed, i traded it to gray goose for freak inserts

so all that stuff your gettin was really mine:)
anyways

just lemme kniow
Cliff

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:43 PM
I am deciding what is funnier, you two going back and forth on this accuracy issue, or the Osbournes on MTV. :P

that show is just about the funniest ive seen in a long long time

Kaiser Bob
04-08-2002, 09:47 PM
Whether they changed the tex messaging or not, I didnt hear, but you could only send messages when the gun was in safe mode, so to turn your gun to safe, just to hope that someone might send you a message at that particular moment is pretty dumb... I guess the tourneys just didnt like the potential that feature had, as non feasible as it was...

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
Whether they changed the tex messaging or not, I didnt hear, but you could only send messages when the gun was in safe mode, so to turn your gun to safe, just to hope that someone might send you a message at that particular moment is pretty dumb... I guess the tourneys just didnt like the potential that feature had, as non feasible as it was...

ah more information, thats something i also didnt know

thanks for the tid bit

Cliff

p.s.s-thanks for suggesting me as a mod:)
just thought that was funny, i look in there today and i saw my naem twice, im afraid that a few people here dont like me, so they might not be in favor of that, but thats ok:)

Cliff

PsychoMag
04-08-2002, 09:50 PM
wanna hear a funny story, thats my warp feed, i traded it to gray goose for freak inserts

so all that stuff your gettin was really mine:)
anyways

just lemme kniow
Cliff

what the heck...lol...we just kkeep trading stuff back and forth here using people like grey goose and BOND1313 to act as a go between...lol...oh well, I am waiting to see who bought my RT Pro I traded Goose for my Emag...lol

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:51 PM
for real tho, i still need that piece:)

just let me know what you want for it

dongie said he could get a new one for like 35 or 40 i cant remember

just lemme know
Cliff

joker4hire
04-09-2002, 12:26 AM
Don't know if you decided yet, but I say

"Go IR3"

Been on the boards for a while, but I don't post much:cool:

.. but it seems to me that you like to go through different high end markers a lot... a whole lot, and the IR3 is you most logical step... you get the latest and greates (from WDP that is) and you already siad it has HIGH resale, unlike the poor mag (Haven't really figured this out yet)So when you get bored of the marker (like your countless others ;) ) you can get another high end marker without much money out of yer pockets.

Good Luck

Cliffio
04-09-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by joker4hire
Don't know if you decided yet, but I say

"Go IR3"

Been on the boards for a while, but I don't post much:cool:

.. but it seems to me that you like to go through different high end markers a lot... a whole lot, and the IR3 is you most logical step... you get the latest and greates (from WDP that is) and you already siad it has HIGH resale, unlike the poor mag (Haven't really figured this out yet)So when you get bored of the marker (like your countless others ;) ) you can get another high end marker without much money out of yer pockets.

Good Luck

thats really the main idea of this trade, i mean i like my micro but i wanna try an ir3 and maybe trade for a nice adrenalin, since those are my all time fav.:)
Cliff

TITAN
04-09-2002, 02:23 PM

are you a moron?

ir3s are awsome... in fact all angels are(except leds i dont like leds imo)

and i own a shocker right now and hate it(im tryin to sell if anyone wants it... brand new 2k1 about 1k shots thru it)