PDA

View Full Version : 68 3k Flatline fill nipple leaking

joker4hire
04-08-2002, 05:21 PM
Just want to know what else I should try before calling AGD tech support.

I tried unscrewing the nipple and oiling the inside of it, but it still leaks... any advice? :confused:

PyRo
04-08-2002, 06:28 PM
Did you use teflon or loctite to put it on with? Other than that someone probably filled it wrong and killed an o-ring.

joker4hire
04-09-2002, 10:17 AM
Yep, its leaking where the air is suppose to only go "one way" ... maybe I have a 2 way nipple?:rolleyes:

PyRo
04-09-2002, 02:26 PM
Maybie they decided to save some money and use a quick disconnect :)
Just hold your finger over it the entire time you are playing and your set. Its in the instructions, shoulda looked before you bought it. :) j/k
call them i guess, its probably a bad o-ring, they might Send you one and tell you how to fix it, or tell you to send it in. You could try a shop too, but they might charge alot, or tell you you need a whole new nipple even if you really don't

magplayerr
04-09-2002, 04:47 PM
This happened to my friend. His nipple o-ring was bad. He went to the hardware store and bought a o-ring of the same size/material and replaced it and it didn't leak anymore and hasen't sense then.

MikeCouves
04-09-2002, 06:24 PM
Wait, where is the leak coming from? The threads or the hole in the nippe itself?

FordPrefect
04-09-2002, 07:58 PM
I saw this happen at CPX a few times. I guess that it was dirty air or something, but heres what they did. Just get a small nail or something that fits inside the nipple. Tap it a little, and DON'T OVER DO IT. YOU HAVE A NICE SYSTEM, NO NEED TO PUT A NAIL THROUGH IT! If it doesn't work, try one more time, and if it is still broken, it might be an o-ring.

EDIT Please, if you screw your system up, don't blame it on me.

Actually, I would get advice from someone else, so that you don't take "desperate measures." But, if you hvae the guts, try it.

Dubstar112
04-10-2002, 06:02 AM
I say buy a new one. I have replaced 3 of them on my flatline. The last one I got has worked the best. The other two seemed to fill reall slow, and didnt seal when the fill line was shut off. I got me a really high flowing one(couldnt tell ya who makes it), and it seals every time, even in the cold.

joker4hire
04-18-2002, 01:07 AM
Sorry I'm replyin so late, forgot all about this thread till I checked my email.

I took the fill nipple off while the tank was filled up to 3000 psi and now I have a nipple on my forhead!:eek: j/k

Anyway, I did take it off though (when the tank was empty of course). The fill nipple is actaully 4 parts, the nipple itself, a "c" clip, a nail looking thing, and an "o" ring (a really tiny one). The o-ring was pinched inbetween the head of the nail looking thing and the wall of the fill nipple, so that was way it was leaking. I purchased this tank used, and is dated 10-01, I guess that guy gave me a good deal because he thought the tank was busted...

SHOCKER1050
04-18-2002, 06:42 PM
it happenedto my crossire. i bought a new fill nipple. there like 10 bucks??