PDA

View Full Version : Any NJ players

oldsoldier
04-08-2002, 07:31 PM
Quick question; where is fireball mountain located? I keep seeing occasional posts about it. Right now I play at Topgun, but I want to try that one out too. Thanks in advance.

Blazingace
04-08-2002, 07:53 PM
They have two fields, on in Old Bridge and one in East Hanover(I think) they also have a nice store in Lawrenceville on Rt.1 Their web address is www.fireballmountian.com hope I can see you there. (If I can get a weekend day off:( :( :( )

theraidenproject
04-08-2002, 07:53 PM
ive played both, and i like top gun beter, but their BYOP days might warrant a return visit. i went to the north hanover field:
North Hanover Field Directions

Directions To the Field

From NJ Turnpike:

Take the New Jersey Turnpike to Exit 7. Get off at the off ramp for Route 206 South. Stay on Route 206 for about a ¼ mile. Bear onto Route 68 South. Stay on Route 68 for about 4 miles. Make a left onto Route 537. After about 4 miles make a right onto Route 528. Then make the first right onto Meany Rd. Stay on Meany Rd. for 1 ½ miles. Fireball Mountain is on your left.

Directions from Freehold:

Take Route 537 past the main entrance for Great Adventure. Stay on Route 537 for approximately 10 miles. Then make a left onto Route 528. Then make the first right onto Meany Rd. Stay on Meany Rd. for 1 ½ miles. Fireball Mountain is on your left.

Direction from the shore:

Take Route 70 to Route 571. Make a right (heading toward Great Adventure). Follow Route 571 for approx 10 miles. This will take you to Route 528(West Veterans Highway) make the left here. Follow past the junction of Route 539 keep going approx 3 miles until you get to a flashing light (Main Street). Make a left onto Main Street and follow it around to the fork in the road (there will be a Wawa there). At this fork bear left (Route 528 Spur.) Go Approx 3 miles and make the first right immediately after Cookstown Tavern onto Meany Road. Go about ½ mile. Fireball Mountain will be on your right.

Directions from Princeton:

Take Route 1 south to Route 295 South. Follow 295 South until the exit for Route 130 North (Bordentown). After you get off the ramp, go 3 traffic lights. At the 3rd light make a right on to route 528 (there will be a CoreStates bank on the corner). Stay on Route 528 for 10 miles (be careful it is a very rural area and at times the road turns right in order to remain on Route 528). That will take you to Route 537 (there is a light at this intersection). Go straight across this intersection and then make your first right onto Meany road. Stay on Meany road for 1½ miles and Fireball Mountain is on your Left.

Directions from Philly and South Jersey Exits:

Take Route 295 North to Exit 56 (truck Stop). At the top of the off ramp stay right and follow the signs for Route 206 South. Stay on Route 206 for about ¼ mile. Bear left onto Route 68 South, stay on Route 68 for approx 4 miles. Make left on Route 537. After about 4 miles make a right onto Route 528, make first right onto Meany Road. Stay on Meany Road for 1½ miles and Fireball Mountain will be on your left.

any other questions you have about Fireball can be answered at http://www.fireballmountain.com

theres plenty of NJ AOers here. just search for the top gun meet we had with agdjon a few months ago. theres also a lot that didnt make it.

govnamac
04-08-2002, 08:32 PM
If you are on the same road as Topgun, on the opposite side keep driving past Great Adventure for about 8-9 miles. Right before the 3rd light (I think) is Meany Road. Turn left there, go through the stop sign, and drive maybe 3/4 of a mile, and FBM is on your left.

MantisMag
04-08-2002, 08:48 PM
fireball mountain is 10-15 mins drive south from top gun. i was just there yesterday. not too bad. their speedball field leaves some to be desired. woods is pretty good. if you use lower quality paint or you know someplace where you can get paint cheap then it's definitely worth it. i used RPS polar ice. cost $65 for a case. not really that much difference from top gun. saved me about $20 by playing at FBM. it seems that the polar ice was on sale though. normally it's $72. in which case i would rather go to top gun and pay the little bit extra. unless i can find cheaper paint that performs reliably i would rather go to top gun even at the sale price. top gun has more fields. and i think you get more play time in. seems we did an awful lot of sitting at fireball mountain. we took a break for paint and fills after every game. :rolleyes:

PsychoMag
04-08-2002, 08:59 PM
I am taking my team up there on April 28th for the Super sunday deal $25 BYOP. We are going to the old bridge field, and are looking at playing the 3man league up there as well. Maybe some fellow AOers should get together up there that day??? hmmm... just a thought

mag59459
04-08-2002, 08:59 PM
anyone ever play at ABC paintball in west milford?

theraidenproject
04-08-2002, 09:18 PM
cant make it the 28th, im planning to go to the big game @ paintball depot with some friends. anyone else going? i love the raffles @ lunch, one of my friends or I ALWAYS win something. Last time my friend won a 32* jersey (which is funny, because he is a renter, but he wears a jersey) and i won a 98 custom. i sold it ASAP, but a nice, quick, $120

Kaiser Bob
04-08-2002, 10:23 PM
Raiden and mag59459 - ha! now youre talking my neck of the woods! I live in Freehold, so Top Gun is closest when im up at home, but here at school (Hackettstown) PB Depot is closest. Ive played at ABC once... prices are great, but the speedball field was just ok. I dont like playing at PB Depot because its the price of Top Gun for nowhere near the quality of field and play IMO. However, I did get a flyer for the big game in the mail and i think i might try to go if i make enough money to finish my setup and then enough to play.

theraidenproject
04-08-2002, 10:46 PM
i like top gun better, too. i just go there because its the most convenient for most of my friends. i do like playing all day, no breaks cept for lunch and when you're hit, sometimes. i still like speedball better, though.

Dayspring
04-09-2002, 07:32 AM
Anybody played at ET Paintball off Rt 80? It's exit 25 (206 North) just follow signs to Wild West City- they're right in there. Some cool fields, although I haven't been there in a year or so.

www.etpaintball.com

G-Rexx
04-09-2002, 12:34 PM
Mag, I've played ABC, Its a whole in the wall but its BYOP, and $20.00 to play. Can't beat that when you have some paint to unload.

Mango
04-09-2002, 01:02 PM
I am from New Jersey and I play at Top Gun and Fireball!! YAY! What do I win? :p

govnamac
04-09-2002, 04:30 PM
Since you won, you get to buy the paint at Topgun next time for everyone.

Mango
04-09-2002, 06:03 PM
:D :D

Kaiser Bob
04-09-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Anybody played at ET Paintball off Rt 80? It's exit 25 (206 North) just follow signs to Wild West City- they're right in there. Some cool fields, although I haven't been there in a year or so.

www.etpaintball.com

Wow, Ive never even heard of this place! It definitely worth checking out, do you have any idea of the paint prices there?