PDA

View Full Version : Making Deals Online

xmetal2001
04-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Im about to buy a barrel for cheap(30) from somebody over on PBNation. I've done online sales and trades with people before, but sometimes i've worried about being ripped off.
What kind of information should i ask for from him to make sure hes legit? Should i make anykind of contract thingy? Should I just chance it?
I know this is just $30, but if i'm ever buying a marker or something i don't want to lose big bucks cause hes an thief and i wasn't smart enough to find out.

Restola
04-08-2002, 09:20 PM
i would say just chance it, and it if doesnt go right then post some negative feedback and hope no one ever deals with them.

its $30. no one would ever investigate.

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:24 PM
ask for feedback from other buyers, do some back ground checks, look around for deals he has made in the past and contact those who he delt with

use the search feature it can be a life saver

Cliff

InfinatyBPS
04-08-2002, 09:30 PM
If I am buying something big used I always make them sign a paper saying that when I get the gun or part that it will be working properly as soon as I install or use it. And always pay with money order from post office because they keep records and can see if it has been cashed and send the money certified with a signed delivery conformation that way they can't say they never got it...

Blennidae
04-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Always try and check references. Ask if they have an ebay account, that sort of thing.

If you get a gut feeling that something isn't right, listen to it. Like the saying goes, if its too good to be true, it probably is.

Croix71
04-08-2002, 09:53 PM
Are you willing to take a chance? If your not comfortable with the deal don't do it.

FooTemps
04-08-2002, 10:25 PM
ask for the person's phone number... that way you can make sure they aren't trying something...