PDA

View Full Version : does you freak barrel line up?

rudy
04-08-2002, 09:44 PM
I have a freak barrel and i was getting some breaks in the breach and i noticed the insert is not centered so a edge of it can catch a ball happens about once in 200 or so balls. I was wondering if any or everyone else had this problem.

Cliffio
04-08-2002, 09:45 PM
might want to try cleaning it without an insert in it, sometimes pieces of shells and stuff gets in there

Cliff

rudy
04-08-2002, 10:39 PM
i have cleaned it well and looked and i can see the the inserts are always shifted to the same side now matter what i twist and turn, i can see the oring is sticking out further on that side and cant get it to lay back in the grove even. Im still working on it though

Xzion
04-08-2002, 11:20 PM
The inserts on mag freaks are suppose to have a lip, but it should be even all the way around. If the insert is offcenter, you probably got one of the batch that was messed up, and didnt have the back milled right so the inserts lined up straight. Id call Smart Parts and see if you can have it replaced. They replaced mine a good while ago.

When did you get this freak? or at least the back? does the milling on the side say 'Smart Parts' or 'Freak'?

TheBigRaguPB4L
04-08-2002, 11:27 PM
i have 2 freak mag backs(center feed and regular). My regular mag freak has the lip as he explained. No matter how i turn, one side is always potruding in slightly. It really doesn't seem to matter. I can shoot the paint with the right insert and no breaks. I think the center feed is the same thing, but i really can't tell because i'm having a feed problem with it so i'm not sure if it's the barrel or not. I don't think it would be the lip though, as long as you have the right insert for the right paint, it should be ok.

cphilip
04-09-2002, 06:27 AM
There was a couple reported here a while back that were miss milled. One Stainless Steel one and one Aluminum one. They were both replaced by Smart Parts. Call them. They know about it. Yours sound just like these.

rudy
04-09-2002, 12:24 PM
mine says smart parts on the side, ill call them up and ask them about it. If i have bigger paint i have less breaks soemtimes none but with smaller paint and the right insert i will get breaks.

rudy
04-09-2002, 12:28 PM
oops mine says freak, i accidentally looked at my impulse one which says smartparts

snakestang
04-09-2002, 02:55 PM
I was beginning to think I was the only one with this problem. Sorry to hear its not just me. I have tried the inserts in other backs and they are fine. I can see that the oring is out of place. But I can not push it back in anymore. I can push it but thats about it. Have been waiting to call Smart Parts because I am just to damn lazy. I think now that I hear it is not an iscolated problem I will give them a shout.