PDA

View Full Version : pics of custom triggers

tysonmachado
04-09-2002, 01:12 AM
This is the trigger I am currently using on my minimag:
http://cpc.wox.org/mytriggers/dyetrigger1.JPG http://cpc.wox.org/mytriggers/dyetrigger2.JPG

And this one was just made for an AO member:
http://cpc.wox.org/mytriggers/25xspy11.JPG

FooTemps
04-09-2002, 01:23 AM
Nice, didn't you post those pictures up before?
I'd like to see it on one of your more custom jobs though...

DiRTyBuNNy
04-09-2002, 01:27 AM
forget that..where can i get one of those triggers..that's a work of ART!!!!!

Creative Mayhem
04-09-2002, 08:18 AM
REALLY REALLY NICE! I would like to know if it takes the side to side "play" out of the trigger.(current prob with my two finger)Is in made from alum. or silver like the triggernomics? If you can make it from alum I'll take one. Let me know how much, and if there is any room for some of my creativity with it eg. pictures or ideas? Here's a pic of my gun if you need some ideas. Like I said from the beginning, It is really realy nice and I WANT ONE NOW!! NOW! NOW!
Creative Mayhem

XspyX
04-09-2002, 08:21 AM
Nice, I can't wait!

Mango
04-09-2002, 01:04 PM
could you make one for an Emag? I will pay big $$$$ for it!!! Let me know.

PsychoMag
04-09-2002, 01:14 PM
good idea spraying mango...i would like a trigger like that for my emag :)

jimmyjobob
04-09-2002, 02:41 PM
very fine work, i may have to take you up on one of those along with my rail.

^

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-09-2002, 03:56 PM
looks like u got some jobs ahead of u!

Minimag4me
04-09-2002, 04:20 PM
can you make triggers for z-grips?

~Backdraft~
04-09-2002, 04:20 PM
Man, i can't wait till i get mine!!! :D ...ahh, its great living only a town away from him...

Looks good Tyson keep up the good work...seems like from all the feedback your getting on all your custom jobs, you could make some big $$$! :cool:

tysonmachado
04-09-2002, 04:46 PM
FooTemps: The first trigger has been posted before but I had to re-carve it to fit that frame. The second has not been posted but it looks a lot like an intelliframe trigger I carved for someone. Anyway, how's this:http://cpc.wox.org/shiny/50sunshiny1.JPG

I can make triggers for most automag frames. I will be getting a z-grip soon so I will be able to make triggers for them.

I can't make triggers for the e-mag because I do not have one to use as a model. Also, I have heard that the magnets are mounted in the tiggers and they have to be placed properly so I am not sure I could anyway. If someone wants to send me a stock e-mag trigger I will see what I can do, and if I can I'll make them a free trigger.

-§on-
04-09-2002, 05:45 PM
Wow, I think Im going to have to buy another mag just so you can make me a trigger. It would be worth it. :) That takes a lot of skill, keep up the good work.

Minimag4me
04-09-2002, 05:58 PM
let us know when the z-grip triggers will be able to be made, im definitely interested and im sure a few others are.

BTAutoMag
04-09-2002, 08:13 PM
do you have any other designs and about how much would they cost. custom mag triggers are so hard to come by and ive been wanting one for along time. i was going to ask the triggernomics guy but i dont have that much $$$$$$. i want to get a hyper frame soon (hopefully) and is there a way to make a trgger for that?

tysonmachado
04-09-2002, 10:45 PM
Creative Mayhem: I make my triggers from aluminum, so they can be anodized any color if you like. Aluminum is cheaper than silver and much easier to work into a trigger so these are far cheaper than Triggernomics triggers, though I'd prefer a Triggernomics if I had the cash to obtain one. Installed in a DYE frame, my triggers are as tight as an intelliframe trigger.

I'm getting a Z-grip this Saturday so I will be able to make triggers for them after then. I could probably make a hyperframe trigger if I had one to work from.

PM me if you are interested in some custom work. We can discuss price and creative ideas.

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-10-2002, 06:04 AM
tysonmachado if i did get my body rail carved (still considering it) would i be able to anodize it still?

personman
04-10-2002, 09:01 AM
So.. How exactally do you do it? Do you just take a block of allum. and mill it down to a trigger?

tysonmachado
04-10-2002, 11:05 PM
The bodyrails are polished aluminum, so they can be anodized.

And yes, I took a 1/4 inch thick slab of aluminum and carved into a trigger using a dremel.

Maghog
04-12-2002, 10:25 AM
That's right, anyone can make one of these triggers!!! It's really not hard, at least not to make the aluminum ones. The silver stuff I do is very involved and requires some other techniques which are not so easily explained.
I just want to clear one thing up. I got a few e-mails a while ago telling me how Tyson has been copying my work.
I am personally flattered that anyone would compare my work to such fine pieces as those which have been displayed here on this forum by Tyson. It's not an easy task to come up with your own ideas everyday, but my hat's off to anyone who attempts to carve a gun instead of milling it which has become almost boring.
My absolute favorite piece of all time is what has become known as "The Dremel Cocker". Someone went to town on his cocker with a dremel without planning too well ahead of time. It's so hideous, it's beautiful. Whoever did that, deserves an award. Though it was not that which originally inspired me to do what I do, I consider that to be the first work of it's kind, and anything I have done, or for that matter anyone at all is just copying this masterpiece.
Unfortunately, the creator was insulted to the point where he did not want to discuss it anymore. I fear that he was too embarassed to try anything again.
To any of those out there who have the guts to try something new, I can only give encouragement. I went through a very long period of being everyone's fool, the idiot who wanted so much money for stuff they could not comprehend. I will never give up though, and can only hope that the designer of the Dremel Cocker will one day return as well.
Tyson is just starting out, and given time, I think we will be seeing some spectacular work. I for one am looking forward to it.
Finally, this guy has very wisely done one thing which I always deemed the magic behind my triggers. The surface is smooth and rounded, allowing for an unbelievable feel for your fingers. Someday the big companies will catch on, and use that as the selling point for their mass market items. I was always surprised it didn't happen sooner.
It is true, you WILL shoot faster with an ergonomically formed trigger. Now you have the chance to find out without shelling out the unfathomable amounts of money I charge.
It's simple, buy one of Tyson's triggers, you will not regret it.
Dan@Triggernomics

BTAutoMag
04-12-2002, 10:29 AM
i would love to buy one but i want to know if he does other designs and if he can fit them to hyerframes?

FooTemps
04-12-2002, 01:01 PM
Tyson... Do you just get random inspiration for your designs?

DiRTyBuNNy
04-13-2002, 05:45 PM
I'd be willing to buy an eMag trigger so Tyson can experiment...i'd really love something like that for an eMag and i'm sure i'm not the only one...

tysonmachado
04-14-2002, 10:52 PM
Someone is planning to send me an E-mag trigger to experiment with. If it turns out well I'll definitely post pics. Same with the Hyperframes.

And yes, sometimes I do just get random inspiration. Other times I see something I like and try to work it into something. I'm working on a couple of new designs, I'll post pics soon.

Thank you very much for your support Maghog. As you've realized I am not trying to copy you although I do take a lot of inspiration from your work. I've been a big fan since the first time Kirt showed me your triggers. With time I hope to be as good as you are.
By the way, from the pieces I've seen in person your work is worth every penny. Sometimes you have to shell out the cash if you want the best.

tysonmachado
04-14-2002, 11:07 PM
Here are a couple of pics of a new design I'm working on:
http://cpc.wox.org/mytriggers/25jtrig1.JPG http://cpc.wox.org/mytriggers/25jtrig2.JPG

BTAutoMag
04-15-2002, 06:37 AM
i like it i like it

pip_999
04-15-2002, 08:10 AM
have you tried the naked lady look :D:D
but other than that NICE

Creative Mayhem
04-15-2002, 08:25 AM
Tyson , I was recently at a tournament in my area and I saw a trigger with a "flame" design. It was very sweet apparently it was a mass produced trigger for the hinge cocker frame. I was thinking that this would be an ideal design for those with flame drops like mine...hint hint. I wish I got a pic of it, but I didn't have the camera with me. I think you should make one of these for my DYE frame, and use me for prototype/display purposes. :D hehe ;);)
What do you think? good idea?:D

No seriously, think about it.......

Creative Mayhem

personman
04-15-2002, 09:03 AM
Tyson, what kind of drill bits do you use? Im really interested in trying this.

paintball8869
04-15-2002, 09:48 AM
can you make a trigger for an intimidator if i send you the stock one? I"ve got a design that was used on an angel trigger that i want on my ripper timmy, but can't find anyone that makes them. let me know.

xtremepbma@hotmail.com

tysonmachado
04-16-2002, 10:14 AM
I use Dremel cutting bits to do most of my work, different sizes depending on what I am doing.

I'm actually working on a flame design double trigger to match the flame bodyrail I plan on doing for my mag. I'll post pics when it is done.

I don't particularly like the lady trigger so I pobably won't be making any. I'm trying to avoid making direct copies of other people's designs but I am willing to take some ideas from them.

I might be able to make a timmy trigger if you send me one, PM me of you want to work out some details.

XspyX
04-19-2002, 08:45 PM
Up on this!

My Trigger!

Curly
04-19-2002, 10:17 PM
if you are sucessful with the emag trigger i would also be VERY interested in one. those are aweseome. up for this great work.

~Backdraft~
04-19-2002, 11:00 PM
Here is a pic of my mag with tyson's custom trigger too! I like it...it feels good when you shoot, makes for a nice smooth trigger pull.