PDA

View Full Version : Ronn Stern's Kewl Art

SHAZAM
04-09-2002, 07:17 AM
Hello All,

I am new to AGD, please show me a warm welcome and go to ronnstern.com and surf it for some new browser skins and buy some barrel covers or any of his other kicking threads.

I personal would like to know what you and the automags.org family think about Ronn's Style so if you want to grab some of his free art and post it in here with some comments on your favorite one that would be neat.

Ronn lives in my home town and I want all of you to see his latest stuff.

C-ya!

Shazam

shartley
04-09-2002, 07:25 AM
SHAZAM
Welcome to AO!

Might I suggest as a new member that you go and read the rules? ;)

Ronn’s work is well known on AO, and there have been many posts about it.

Your post, although well intended is a direct advertisement for Ronn. You did not simply ask what people thought of his work, but are pushing going and buying it.. that would make it belong in the “Dealers Forum” or at a minimum in the “Classifieds”.

Now to answer your question about his style… I think it is fantastic. I love his work and he is a very talented man.

SHAZAM
04-09-2002, 07:33 AM
thanks for you advice about the rules, I always seem to be breaking them...but I am confussed.

Your ending post is a direct advertisement for your paintball products through e-mail how does that differ from mine?

C-ya...B-Kewl

shazam

shartley
04-09-2002, 07:34 AM
Your ending post is a direct advertisement for your paintball products through e-mail how does that differ from mine?
Well.. if you read the rules you would know. ;)

(Note: and my "products" are not necessarily "paintball products". ;))

cphilip
04-09-2002, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the site SHAZAM.

FYI: We do allow some Spamming of your stuff in your signature. See the rules in Dealers Forum for that. And in this case promoting someone elses work is not Spamming as such but if you were somehow connected and benefitting from the promotion we ask that you confine openly posting that kind of thing in the dealers area. However if you are just recommending him then this is OK. No problem realy.

SHAZAM
04-09-2002, 07:48 AM
c,

where are the rules about what can be posted?

did you ever get your tourny big game going in sc at the college?

s

cphilip
04-09-2002, 07:56 AM
The ones specific to Dealers are posted up at the top in that Foruma nd the rest are in FAQ at the top of the page.

It is coming this Fall in Septetmber. We should be announcing formaly soon.

SHAZAM
04-09-2002, 07:56 AM
i just read the forums faqs and rules and it does not say anything about not posting advertisements...?

I was manly pushing his free skins which I thought were groovy....

c-ya

shazam

cphilip
04-09-2002, 08:03 AM
This one covers Spam but you have to look at the Net definition of it:

Do not spam or flood the channel with repeated statements or questions

And since we have a dealers Forum this one applies too:

Post topics under their respective forum. For example, a tech question goes in the Tech Forum

And in Dealers there is this one:

First of all, we request that if you are unfamiliar with our forum that you read our rules listed here:
http://www.automags.org/forums/show...&threadid=11685

Basically we intend to use this forum to allow dealers and field owners to alert our users of sales, special offers, and upcoming events.

You are not restricted on what you may advertise, for example you may advertise non-AGD products you may have on special. Of course, it would be nice to see AGD products being offered ;o)

You may also want to consider giving a special deal to our users periodically. For example, "$5 off a $50 purchase if you mention automags.org sent you!"

You are allowed to post pics and some HTML code, but be mindful of download times for users on modems. Please host your images on your site, and avoid using the "attachment" feature when possible.

Be sure to include your email address in your signature so users can easily reply to your ad personally. You are allowed to list your URL and possibly a small banner in your signature, but if you plan on posting on the other forums, please keep your self-promotion reasonable in regards to the size of your signature.

As always, you will need to adhere to our main forum rules, and keep everything in good taste.

Private individuals are requested to please use the Classifieds Forum for selling thier goods.

Finally - to all users: Neither AGD nor Automags.org endorses or authorizes any of the sales or items listed. We do not in anyway verify their validity, or offer a warranty for their goods or services. Please use your judgement when making purchases over the Internet, and let the buyer beware.

I'll admit it could be clearer but its there if you look for it.

;)