PDA

View Full Version : Good news concerning the paintball attack

Magic37220
04-09-2002, 12:30 PM
From http://www.fox11la.com/home/

(Newport Beach-AP) -- An autopsy report has cast doubt on what led to the death of a 54-year-old inline skater who authorities initially thought was the victim of a paintball attack.

Gary Holdren was declared dead this weekend at a Mission Viejo hospital. He had been in a coma for two weeks.

Authorities initially thought it was a paintball attack that caused the Newport Beach man to fall and suffer a head injury. But police say a coroner's report and statements from doctors who treated Holdren found no direct evidence that he was struck by paintball pellets.

A witness did tell police that three boys were firing paintball guns in the area where Holdren was skating. Police still would like to interview them to see if they can aid in the investigation.

(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Mav D MagMan
04-09-2002, 01:01 PM
Well ok. So it isn't a rumor like I was afraid of, but still the man is dead, and it's very likely that the kids shooting in that public area startled him and caused his fall. Sure he wasn't wearing a helmet (which = bad) but still those kids did do wrong by firing in a public area...

ShooterJM
04-09-2002, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the update man. Dropped a copy of your post into another thread to help nullify a debate.

Mango
04-09-2002, 01:06 PM
but wait, dident another news report state that he had been struck "18 times" or something?!??! and that he had been hit in the eye? What the heck is going on here???

dmonahan
04-09-2002, 01:10 PM
I agree 100% if that is the case. As of this time no one saw the kids shot this person. I have 2 boy's myself and it truly frosts my backside that parent let there kids do these kind of things. How did the marker even get out of the house? I'm sorry but there is no excuse for it.