PDA

View Full Version : CA Skater not hit by paintballs

dmonahan
04-09-2002, 12:41 PM
There was a story on Fox last night(4/8/02) that said they determined that the skater was not struck by any paint balls. The witness saw the youths in the area a 1/2 hr before the incident.

Now the police think he ether fell on his own or may have been startled by the paintballers. The police still would like to question the kids but now they know he was not shot by them and they may not have even been in the area when it happened.

toymyster
04-09-2002, 12:49 PM
If this is the case it would be an interesting turn of events!!! By the way, Dmonahan, where are you located, and how come you have not played with team AO yet???

Mav D MagMan
04-09-2002, 12:55 PM
It really was on the news right? Because I have only heard one other mention of this, and besides is it really plausible those kids are going to come forward? They were still firing in a public place, those are their paint splatters on the ground in the area right?

I'm just hoping this isn't a rumor.

dmonahan
04-09-2002, 12:58 PM
I live in Costa Mesa. I Play on This Side Up (TSU). And although I hate to admit it I just traded my E-mag for a Impulse. I loved the maker but there is a serious lack of support in my area. I do want the Extream but I'll wait until all the kinks are worked out.

Skoad
04-09-2002, 01:11 PM
bah MagMan!!!

brian terry
04-09-2002, 01:16 PM
yes it is true the man was not hit by paintballs .it was in the news paper today,./there was people playing paintball neer by so it said ,but there was no proof he was hit by paintballs,

RoadDawg
04-09-2002, 01:30 PM
I'll vouch about seeing it on Fox 11 & UPN 13 or whatever that news station is last night.

hitech
04-09-2002, 01:58 PM
From another thread on the same subject:

Originally posted by Magic37220
From http://www.fox11la.com/home/

(Newport Beach-AP) -- An autopsy report has cast doubt on what led to the death of a 54-year-old inline skater who authorities initially thought was the victim of a paintball attack.

Gary Holdren was declared dead this weekend at a Mission Viejo hospital. He had been in a coma for two weeks.

Authorities initially thought it was a paintball attack that caused the Newport Beach man to fall and suffer a head injury. But police say a coroner's report and statements from doctors who treated Holdren found no direct evidence that he was struck by paintball pellets.

A witness did tell police that three boys were firing paintball guns in the area where Holdren was skating. Police still would like to interview them to see if they can aid in the investigation.

(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

skipdogg
04-09-2002, 02:05 PM
are u kidding me??? Blah!! if this is true it leaves me speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thecavemankevin
04-09-2002, 03:17 PM
So now the guy was just a clutz, oh well glad to see that it was not a paintball attack. But never the less that damage to our image has been done and will take some time to repair.

Should have worn a helmet!

toymyster
04-09-2002, 04:49 PM
It's true, the dammage is already done!!! Now with this bit of information, it is up to us to repair our sport's image as much as possible!!!