PDA

View Full Version : Since its almost summer in Illinois...

Cliffio
04-09-2002, 01:19 PM
are there any teams out there just looking to have some fun this summer? or serious eihter way

i just thought i would post and see what its going to be like this summer, im in normal/bloomington and i am willing to travel 2-3 hours to play paintball in the chicagoland area

i know there are quite a few people on here that play in the area

if any teams are short a player im experienced back player owns all tourny gear:)

anyways, i dont wnat this to be a classified add for me or anything, i just want to know what the paintball scene is like up here in the summer, im from down in southern illinois and im sure its a ittle differnt

thanks to all
Cliff

also- i know challenge park is good but what else??

later

sk8dood
04-09-2002, 02:12 PM
Hey! I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. But i am going to go live with my Dad this summer. He lives in Peoria. I was thinking we could get together. Me and my friend (he lives in Springfield) were talking about maybe starting a team. But we dont know yet. Pm me if you want to get together or something this summer. Or drop me a email at sk8dood@hotmail.com

Luke

Cliffio
04-09-2002, 02:14 PM
ill do that, sounds good to me:)

ill be in touch

CLiff

IceCool32
04-09-2002, 02:34 PM
Hey Cliffo,

I live in the area(Peoria area) we've got a 5 man team, might be adding player to start a 10 man, or have 2 seperate 5 man teams. Also, we are partially sponsored by Diablo, for this season, we've only got a 5 man sponsorship tho. But, I wouldn't mind meeting up with you, and playing often during the summer. Why heck, if you want, I can give you a practice schedule soon, and ya can show up sometime?

-Brandon
Team Uncontainable

AIM: Uncontainable04 (If you want to get ahold of me)

Spaceman613
04-09-2002, 02:36 PM
Bloomington?? I live in East Peoria, and I practice in Bloomington every weekend.

Lets hook up for some shooting...

spaceman613@yahoo.com

We are always willing to travel for some fun. Maybe we can hook up sometime for a beer.

Cliffio
04-09-2002, 02:41 PM
ice cool, that sounds good, i will be in touch,

right now im just trying to touch bases with people and see what the deal is

space-beer sounds mighty nice:)
haha

ill prolly contact everyone,

im very free to travel and have weekends off, im 20 if that matters to anyone:)

Cliff

sk8dood
04-09-2002, 03:20 PM
We should have a AO meet this summer in the Peoria area. Just a suggestion.

FordPrefect
04-09-2002, 07:14 PM
If you are looking for places to play, Badlandz is supposed to be pretty good, but I've never played there. Actually, I am starting a team with my friends, and we could use some direction and stuff......:) But, we are all way younger than you:rolleyes:

Cliffio
04-09-2002, 07:18 PM
we should have a meet this summer, that would be hella fun

isnt there suppose to be a mega meet sometime this summer in the chicagoland?

Cliff

lonsch
04-09-2002, 07:20 PM
if you want to play some serious ball go to badlandz on a sunday. there are always high caliber teams there. my team will be up there a few times this summer. we where there all the time last year but got a field sponcership this year so we cant go as much any more.

Oddball
04-09-2002, 09:47 PM
Hey,
If you are free on Sunday the 21st, you should check out the second CPSA tourny. it is in the Bloomington area (sudden impact). Most every team that will be there will be from the greater chicago area. There must be like 15-20 ppl from this forum that will be there. Where did you lived in Southern Ill? I go to SIU now and would love to talk to you if you lived near C'dale at all. I have only been to 3 feilds down here so far and wonder where u use to play. Here is a link to Sudden Impact

Sudden Impact (http://www.ravenna.com/impact/)

Cliffio
04-09-2002, 10:44 PM
i lived an hour from carbondale

but i dont live there anymore, i also have friends that go there but none play paintball

Cliff

damageinc54
04-09-2002, 11:59 PM
Both of my teams will be the Sudden Impact on the 21st. I think all of the Chicago guys should have some kind of get together sometime this summer. I know I have a few guys that would be interested in that.

LoveMyMag
04-10-2002, 01:54 AM
Shoot, I go to ISU. Once I get a good summer job I'll be playing again. I'm always looking for new people.

irbodden
04-10-2002, 04:55 AM
There are a group of us from the northshore area- If I am still around during the summer maybe we can get a group together at CC. :D

meanelvis
04-10-2002, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Cliffio

isnt there suppose to be a mega meet sometime this summer in the chicagoland?

Yup, Shatnerball!!! Mr. Kaye himself is going to be leading one of the 3 teams (other 2 are Mancow and Mr. William Shatner). I'm sure we will do the donut orgy and who knows what else.

Date is Aug 31, Registration is $135 (includes limited edition shatnerball jersey and SPPLAT membership), pre-register at http://www.spplat.com/news.html and get on TK's team before it fills up!! Proceeds go to a good cause as well :) I believe lots of AO'ers from all over the country will be driving/flying in so it wouldnt be a bad idea to call it a national AO meet.

And while I'm too poor to be on a team ($500 in income taxes... ugh), if you guys play at Op or Patriot up here in the northwest suburbs I might see you out there!

Spaceman613
04-10-2002, 06:57 AM
If anyone needs info on Sudden Impact, let me know. Its my home field. I can try to help you find whatever you need.

I will try to find a better map or some directions for the field. Its not hard to find, but I will try to make it easier.

Cliffio
04-10-2002, 08:44 AM
yeah i need some directions, im gonna try and make it out there sometime soon,but with no car at the moment it might be tough:)

ah well, ill call a taxi:)

Cliff

Spaceman613
04-10-2002, 09:05 AM
Uhhhh, I pick up my teammate in ironwood Gardens, depending on where you live, I could pick ya up if Im in the area. Just dont complain about the lack of seating in my truck. i bought it so I WOULDNT have to drive everyone around.

Like I said, we will definitely have to hook up for some brew and conversation.

Cliffio
04-10-2002, 10:01 AM
ah thats alright, i dont have all my gear here yet anyways, once i get it ill have my car, i was just thinkin about going to suddem impact on the 21 for the tourny, i was just gonna make an appearance and see what was up

my gear is still at home, ill have it im may and im sure we'll have to get together

Cliff

blnk162
04-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Unless im at a tournament im at badlandz every weekend, just lemme know when you guys wanna meet, maybe chicago open??? ill be playing 10 man but it would be cool to meet people and see some good ballers playin

Cliffio
04-12-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by LoveMyMag
Shoot, I go to ISU. Once I get a good summer job I'll be playing again. I'm always looking for new people.

hey we should get together and play, if you right here in normal

anyways

later
Cliff

AllAmericanMag
04-13-2002, 09:50 AM
I live in Flossmoor, IL...I'll bet no one knows where that is :D

Cliffio
04-13-2002, 09:56 AM
its kinda between tinley park and chicago heights

AllAmericanMag
04-13-2002, 10:07 AM
:eek: *gasp* How did you know??? stalker.... ;)

Cliffio
04-13-2002, 10:09 AM
mapquest.com
:)

AllAmericanMag
04-13-2002, 10:11 AM
lol, cheater :D