PDA

View Full Version : WF + DF + MaxFlo

raehl
04-09-2002, 03:06 PM
OK, so when I was at Skyball, I unscrewed my preset tank to have the theads rather massively strip, causing me to make an emergency 6:30 AM purchase of a new tank. As there was only one vendor open and they only had max-flos available, I became the proud new owner of a 68-4500 maxflo tank.

Problem: When on the drop forward, the input for the Max Flo is right behind the warp feed, so it is impossible to fill the tank without taking either it or the warp feed off. Do any of you with max flos have a similar setup, and what have you done to get around this problem?

Thanks,
Chris

Cliffio
04-09-2002, 03:11 PM
i know that they make things that attach to your drop forward so that it can come off without undoing all the screws, kinda like the new angel air drops

anyways, if you were to attach your warp feed then your easy detach thingy, then your tank you can just slide your tank off to get filled then slide it back on

i know its not the best description, but it would work, if only i knew where i could find a pic

Cliff

thecavemankevin
04-09-2002, 03:32 PM
First what drop are you using?
I would assume just the stock itty bitty one.
What side do you have your warp on? Right handed or left handed?

I have my Max on a mag with warp and have both input and output ports on the right side of the tank.

raehl
04-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Actually, the stock itty-bitty one is fine - it puts the intake (which is on the left side of the tank) behind the warp (which is on the left side of the marker) so it's ok - at least as far as the intake goes. It also puts the tank way too far back. The real drop forward, which is a homemade job, drops the tank forward so that the intake is behind the WF.

There is no port on the right side of the tank for intake. The output port is on the right side of the tank.

I'll try and grab some pics when I get home.

Thanks,
Chris

thecavemankevin
04-09-2002, 06:16 PM
Ok, i am confused, it sounds like your fill port is on the opposite side of your on/off switch...is this correct? If it is, then just switch your in tank gauge and fill port. Thats what i did with the out port and the out put gauge because i wanted the out port on the same side as my mag valve in port.

FordPrefect
04-09-2002, 07:26 PM
They make a QD for a dropforward so you can take off our tank nice, quick and easy. I think that the company is NW(don't know what that stands for).

Cliffio
04-09-2002, 07:30 PM
thats what i was talking about altho i didnt know what it was called

a few friends have them and they work well

2000Sabre
04-09-2002, 08:00 PM
I have the same Maxflow setup on my SFL. I swaped the output pressure guage and the air supply line nipple and have no problems seeing either the guage or getting to the fill nipple. However, my Warp is setup on the left side. If your's is setup on the right maybe that's the problem. Definitely get one of the NW setups. I use it on both my RT Pro and SFL to quickly remove the drop, tank, and warp without unscrewing a thing.

hitech
04-10-2002, 10:32 AM
With the NW Quick Disconnect Block and a quick connect on the hose you could remove your tank in a few seconds. Go here for the NW Quick Disconnect Block:

http://www.nwpaintballproducts.com/MM007.ASP?pageno=141

BTW, that is what I use. :D

Cliffio
04-10-2002, 11:43 AM
yeah thats the thing i was talking about, those work well, a few of my old team mates had them and liked em alot
also they do not wiggle, its just like if it were attached to the gun, and they drop your tank down about an inch

anyways
they work well
Cliff