PDA

View Full Version : To Reg or Not To Reg?

BgGrizzly
04-09-2002, 07:31 PM
Ok here is my question. I have a Black Dragon running on nitro. i have an expansion chamber on it but I was wandering if it would be worth the money to take the expansion chamber off and replace it with a regulator. I know that the expansion chamber and the reg do two different things but which is better for my marker?

PyRo
04-09-2002, 07:37 PM
Well, neither is necessary. A reg will not help you at all, and will cause more problems then anything. It won't make it more consistant at all. You already have a reg on the tank, and one built into the gun. Thats two regs right there, if you have a third one, it will begin to restict flow, and that will cause some shootdown problems. Thats usually not a good thing.
The X-Chamber won't help out at all, but it won't hurt. Leave it on there if you like it as a forgrip, and if you ever run Co2 you have it there.

FordPrefect
04-09-2002, 08:15 PM
If I were you, I would sell the X-Chamber and get a gas-thru foregrip, or just take off and leave it off. The X-Chamber can restrict air-flow, and won't increase your gun's performance.

Wait. I just thought of this. The regulator is in the bottom line. You have a reg going into a reg going into an X-chamber. X-chambers have lots of different chambers, if I am correct. The pressure can be screwed up if you have a X-chamber upstream of a reg. It is like the Kingman reg kits. Reg, then X-chamber. Doesn't help.

PyRo
04-10-2002, 04:48 PM
The x won't restict flow, or mess with pressure.

MikeCouves
04-10-2002, 07:13 PM
Yeah but gas thru's are lighter and cooler :).

BgGrizzly
04-11-2002, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the info guys i think i'll keep the x-chamber

Bykerkyle
04-11-2002, 04:45 PM
You do want an after market reg! Take off anyother regs or x-chambers, then put on a drop with an on/off then get a good aftermarket reg put that in your asa then connect your on/off to your reg with either steel braided or macroline hose then you got your self a pimped out sytem! This will give you better accuraccy because you are shooting more consistant! If i were you i would get a reg!

King's Men FTP
04-11-2002, 06:57 PM
I agree....

The reg. on the Black Drag sux NE way, all it is is a little ASA reg, basically, all is does is tell you what the out put pressure of the tank is, I'd get a secondary reg...( but then again, i bot a reg for my mag that runs on nitro and now i get crap from ppl sum times, i still think it helps)... specially since yer gun is high pressure. Plus, regs just look cool (gen-X especially) but looks aren't sumthing you should spen $$$ on unless you have alot.

bluemag
04-11-2002, 11:32 PM
if your going to keep your xchamber good use it as a gas thru. I would open it up and take out all the cells. ACI and some others are really easy to do this to