PDA

View Full Version : R/T pro trigger job

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-09-2002, 08:23 PM
ok does anyone know how to shorten the trigger on the R/T Pro. I know it's allready insanely short but i just got a HALO and orderered a superbolt. so i need a short trigger since the HALO has a high feeding rate.

OldSchoolMag
04-09-2002, 08:33 PM
Uh, you've got arguably the best trigger in the world! The R/T (Reactive Trigger) mechanism pushes the trigger back after each shot in order to allow you to fire faster. From the factory, the Automag family of 'guns is set with the optimal trigger setting for that particular 'gun. If you tamper with it in the normal way (shortening the sear, etc) you risk damaging your 'gun, and I believe you void the warranty. Leave your trigger the way it is, you'll have no problems with ROF.

OSM

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-09-2002, 08:36 PM
I know not to mess with it, but when the warrenty runs out (well i think it has a lifetime warrenty?) or when i get a new gun i want to know how to do it.

DOWNWITHANGELS
04-09-2002, 08:37 PM
Ok, RT Pros are capable of firing 26 BPS, so you wont need to shorten your trigger pull. Well actually you might. You need to adjust it to bounce off your finger so it keeps firing. The e-mag I/m getting from my friend is so sweet. In RT mode, I can get it doing that sometimes and believe me, its noticably faster than in E-mag mode. I think once I get a blade trigger, I will be able to start my finger at the top of the trigger and slide it down and this will make it fire like that more often.

Predater
04-09-2002, 08:38 PM
why do you have a prob getting insain fast fire power? i can outshoot about any hopper with my rt. ive learned to use the reactiveness to my advantage really well. instead of the trigger just bouncing i can do bursts in what ever # count you want. i do 3 round bursts when i play with the reactiveness all the time.

to ansure your question thow. all you can do is get a shorter on / off pin. that will make it more reactive. im having to do this with my pro cus the reactiveness just sucks compaired to my old rt. be carefull not to go full auto with the reactiveness on the field thow. it turns into a paint blinder:( .

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-09-2002, 08:39 PM
yeah on the e-mag in r/t mode the trigger is reduced to 0.03mm. the e-mag will probably be my next gun (when i get some cash)

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-09-2002, 08:41 PM
I know i used to have a revvy and i chopped like crazy.i need more reactiveness. that is actually what i meant

BTAutoMag
04-09-2002, 08:46 PM
lets see now... fastest tourny legal mechanical paintball gun on the market. and youre not happy with the trigger pull. let me guess. youre married to a supermodel, you live in a house bigger then the presidents, and bill gates asks you for finacial advice... be happy with your insanly fast gun.

DOWNWITHANGELS
04-09-2002, 08:46 PM
Your best best is a warp feed with a halo. I dont think there is anything else you can do. Oh yeah, Intellifeed the warp too.

Predater
04-09-2002, 08:47 PM
well a shorter on / off is all you can do. it really does affect the reactiveness. call the store and buy a few in difrent lingths to find exactly what you want. hope that helped.

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-09-2002, 08:47 PM
lol...i'm insane!!! actually i've only shot my gun once with a stock revvy so i don't really know what it can do. i haven't had any $ or time to go play.

BTAutoMag
04-09-2002, 08:59 PM
do what i do. have a tab at your dealers store. when you get the money pay him back. i owe my dealer 53$. thats pretty low compared to what it was... somewhere over 200$ but i paid him a little out of my paychecks and i should have about 1 more check to go before im debt free.

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-09-2002, 09:02 PM
good idea, but i buy my stuff from the internet:( so i can't do that:rolleyes:

BTAutoMag
04-09-2002, 09:07 PM
but if youre really serious about the shorter pull buy an electric frame.

Kaiser Bob
04-10-2002, 12:19 AM
I wish I had a pro shop that i could keep a tab with... seems to be money talks, etc. round these parts.

Fred
04-10-2002, 08:10 AM
"0.03mm"

Is this documented anywhere? AGD Tech Manual???

Does anyone know what they are talking about when they spit out these numbers???

I could believe a .3mm length, but when you go into the hundreths of a millimeter and not using a mic to measure it, just cut the bull-puckey.

.03 is so short that tapping the trigger on the side, or engaging the safety could shoot the marker.

yeesh.

PsychoMag
04-10-2002, 11:11 AM
ok... this is crazy. You dont want to ALTER anything to your RTPro if you havent even used it yet. get used to the feel of the trigger. As for .03mm, that is an "electronic trigger" you will never get that from your "mechanical" marker. try using an adjustable tank to gain "reactivity". The on/off pin can be ordered shorter, to gain even more reactivity. remember, after 9bps the RT is illegal. I had to take away modifications once to tune down the valve.

OldSchoolMag
04-10-2002, 03:18 PM
What do you mean after 9 bps the RT is illegal? I've never heard anything like that in my life! What tournaments is it not allowed at, I haven't read that in the NPPL rules!?

OSM