PDA

View Full Version : I need opinouns on what gun to get

Sir. Foxalot
04-09-2002, 09:26 PM
Ok I have a decision to make. DO i want to get a nice cocker? Or do i want to get a nice 99 LED? While spending 650-750 on them

Bartleby
04-09-2002, 09:35 PM
i'd say it's really all preferance. i mean, do you like the feel of an electric, or the cocker trigger? what are some issues that you are considering in order to make your dicision?

Sir. Foxalot
04-09-2002, 09:56 PM
all true I do like the feal of a cocker trigger but and electro would be nice. I like those triggers as welkl. How hard is the maintnence on a cocker?

InfinatyBPS
04-09-2002, 10:34 PM
You can probably find a Angel LCD used for around that price with some stuff, id look around a bit...

Snooky
04-09-2002, 11:20 PM
for around 600-700 u could get a used emag. but its up to you on what u like shooting the best

Croix71
04-09-2002, 11:57 PM
Test as many as possible out. Ask friends to try their guns and also go to your local pro shop and ask to dry fire some of their markers. :D

Restola
04-10-2002, 07:29 AM
for about $10 you could get a dictionary

Fred
04-10-2002, 08:01 AM
Are you a newb or experienced player?

Cockers need lots of TLC, I personally like to tinker with my markers, but my cocker takes way too much fiddling to keep it functioning at the top of the performance curve.
That funky sliding trigger can mess with you if you're not used to it.

I dunno about angels, but I'd go with a used emag over one.
Mouse-fart triggers bug me, I like a mechanical connection to the marker, like a manual transmission, it makes you one with the machine, not just a user. :)

But, from those two choices, I'd say go with the LED.

Sir. Foxalot
04-10-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Restola
for about $10 you could get a dictionary
Probably but it wouldn't be nearly as fun to play with

Fred: All true... I havent had a cocker before but if had a few others. I also like tinkering or striping it down just because I can. Are cockers all that hard to maintain?

Spaceman613
04-10-2002, 09:03 AM
No, cockers arnt hard to maintain. They just need to be cleaned and lubed. Just like every other marker. If a cocker needs to be fiddled with all of the time, then something is wrong. I set mine up, and usually dont touch them (performance wise) for months or more depending on my playing schedule.

Set a cocker up right the first time and your good to go. A bonus on the cocker is you can run them very well on co2, most dont care about this feature, but it does help if air fills are nor as common as they are here.

Of the two you mentioned, I would go cocker for the simple fact that they are something YOU can work on. Parts are available if it fails. Angel (especially LED) boards can get expensive, I sold mine for this reason.

Depending on type of game you play, I would look at an emag (electric and manual firing is cool), possibly a bushmaster 2k, Impulse, blazer (Palmer Pursuit Shop), or even a really nice mag with good air system... Just try out what you are looking at first.

oneshot
04-10-2002, 09:06 AM
matrix's are nice

Sir. Foxalot
04-10-2002, 09:19 AM
Thanx spaceman for the imput

Sir. Foxalot
04-10-2002, 09:24 AM
On these same lines which is better a Pewter Gen X 3 or a Very nice Freeflow cocker?

Spaceman613
04-10-2002, 09:48 AM
freeflow... I really dont like the ANS parts. Shocktechs aint bad, but they dont have the Quality control of Palmer, Belsales, and a few others.

Ever thought of having a cocker built for you with your choice of parts? I will post pics of my latest soon in the purple gun thread..

email me sometime so we can keep the forum for more general stuff, but Ill be willing to answer anything. Between me and my friends we have used or shot most guns out there.

Later