PDA

View Full Version : High volume chamber

codeJockey
04-10-2002, 06:07 AM
So, this is probably just one of those ideas that comes from my synapses mis-firing from lack of sleep, but here goes anyways...

A bunch of markers out there have after-market 'volumizers' available which are intended to provide extra air to the valve, thereby allowing one to decrease the pressure needed to propel a paintball at a given velocity (theoretically).

What if one were to drill & tap the air chamber of a 'Mag valve assembly and attach some sort of 'extender' (perhaps a length of capped-off steel tubing or something) to the side of the air chamber? This would effectively increase the overall volume of air that would be presented to the paintball upon firing.

But I guess the big question would be "would it do a damn bit of good?". Or even better, "would it kill my Mag?"

Any insight on this would be appreciated...

Predater
04-10-2002, 09:50 AM
Majic Box by Smart Parts. it slowed down the marker by causing bolt drag. it was done exactly as you describe with the whole and a chamber.

the mag has 60psi behind the ball. why do you need a lower presure? you really want somthing to make the bolt less harsh on chopping dont you? all ive found is that a fomie bolt helps.