PDA

View Full Version : Best automag upgrade

breakingpoint
04-10-2002, 10:35 AM
I will get all of these eventually but I want to see which of these you think I should get first.

Manuel_FZR
04-10-2002, 11:04 AM
I think a nitro system should be the first upgrade ... I would prefer the Flatline ;)

soilent green
04-10-2002, 01:32 PM
agitated hopper first if you don't have one then flatline then freak

keiphers
04-10-2002, 02:41 PM
I say electro hopper, Flatline tank, Intelliframe, Retro valve, then Freak.

DOWNWITHANGELS
04-10-2002, 02:42 PM
Ohhh, I didnt know you what you meant. The RT valve is the biggest upgrade, but an agitated hopper and Nitro should be bought first.

boss_automager
04-10-2002, 02:47 PM
Get em in this order:nitro,hopper,freak,intelli,warp,then Retro valve.Trade in your old valve and get the Retro valve for 200 off of the go retro program.But still this upgrade should come last.

obsolete898
04-10-2002, 02:48 PM
^^^^ Definately go with the hopper then nitro. After that it's all what you like. I'd say retro.

SlipknotX556
04-10-2002, 02:52 PM
Go with the Warp feed.

boss_automager
04-10-2002, 03:41 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^
But not for the first upgrade.Obsolete I think Nitro should be the first upgrade since you need it to make sure your gun works right.Motorized hopper at a close second.

Fred
04-10-2002, 03:47 PM
I don't see pump kit on your list... :confused:

Go with the agitating hopper first, you don't need HPA if you can't shoot strings of more than 3 or 4 without breaking due to half fed paint... I've been there...

Barrel, HPA, new frame, retro, warp... after a good hopper and good barrel the order you go in is really personal preference.

theraidenproject
04-10-2002, 07:47 PM
hopper, nitro, barrel kit, warp, iframe, retro

MiCRoFooL
04-10-2002, 09:28 PM
Either Retro (if you already have an air tank) or the freak kit. I'm assuming you have a revvy type hopper. If you don't have air or the hopper yet, get the hopper and the freak system. Then save up for air, then get the retro.

Reason being... with the Freak you spend your $200 on your barrel system and can match paint regardless of who's paint you're using. If you get air and the retro, you'll need to purchase a couple barrels that you will never use in the future once you get your freak.

Jar Jar
04-11-2002, 11:07 AM
The Retro Valve has to be the most important upgrade for me. If you don't have HPA yet though get it first.

Smoken
04-11-2002, 04:02 PM
If you don't already have a good barrel, then this is how I would do it:
1)Barrel (maybe somethin' cheap like LAPCO till you can
afford a Freak)
2)Hopper
3)Nitrogen/HPA
4)I-frame w/ Blade trigger
5)ReTro Valve
6)Warp Feed (if you need it)

I've done 1 thru 4 for my gun and it works awesome, esp. when I borrow my dad's ReTro valve:D . The first three are pretty much a necesity though. These are all performance upgrades of course, but there's always the little cosmetic stuff you can do too, like powder coating.

SqueegeeKid
04-11-2002, 06:52 PM
I think the first thing you HAVE to get in order for your mag to run good is HPA. Or you can spend all kinds of cash trying to get the CO2 to run good. But for the price you pay you might as well get a cheap steel HPA tank.

Then a good hopper. Don't need a hopper if your mag is frozen half the time.

Then a good Barrel. Freak would be the best choice.

Then an I-Frame. That is if you still have the stock frame.
If you already have an aftermarket frame, hold this off till you get the Warp.

Then a Warp.

Then a Retro Valve. The stock AIR valve is pretty good anyway.

jurassic
04-12-2002, 05:39 PM
1 HPA
2 Revy or Halo
3 Freak
4 Warp
5 I-frame
6 Retro Valve

HPA and a motorized hopper will give the best upgrade performance to start!! Than a Freak or a Equation MS for a Great paint to barrel match! A Warp for consistent , reliable feeding and a compact setup! The next 2 are a tossup. For me it would be the Retro Valve!!

MikeCouves
04-12-2002, 06:27 PM
Well the thing is they are all quite important and good upgrades. So I vote for them all!

jurassic
04-12-2002, 08:25 PM
Mike , breaking point knows they are all important and good upgrades. He said he wants all of them. His question was which ones should he get first!!
:)

breakingpoint
04-12-2002, 10:05 PM
Jurassic you read my mind. Haha:p