PDA

View Full Version : Automag for first marker?

Joe 90
04-10-2002, 10:38 AM
Hi, i'm 16, and i'm a pball marshal at paintzone, in south london. I marshal more than i play (through force rather than choice) I have been offered an Automag, second hand, complete with 3 barrels, CO2 system, the works for £250. I'm just wondering how good a 'newbie' marker it is. my friend had one, yet it always seemed down, with leaks all over the place. is this an exception to the rule? Thanks for any help or opinions aired,

Joe 90.

ciaran.mooney
04-10-2002, 10:44 AM
It is an exception to the rule because leaks are usually fixed by an o-ring or 2. Your mate might not have bothered to learn how to fix his mag. Also if he was running Co2 it was his own fault, he should have known that co2 wears out o-rings and is nasty.

I bought my mag from almost the exact same package, 220 for a mag with x-chamber,co2 tank and 2 barrels. So im sure you could knock the guy down a tenner or 2. Its a great newbie marker, once its set up and working you'll be hard pushed to break it.

Get the guy (or gal) to come down a tenner or two and your set :D

"I got knocked out by a paintball.
By an 8 year old.
From 4 meters away.
I was marshaling."

Why do they let 8yr olds have paintball markers at your site? My cousin is 9 and i wouldn't let them come anywhere near my mag! :D

Bartleby
04-10-2002, 10:46 AM
is that a typo or do you really mean you were offered all that for $50? My god man, if you don't take that deal give me the guy's number and i'll give him a buzz.

As for whether or not the mag is a good newbie gun, yes it is. Mags are known for their reliability, and for a newbie, one wouldn't want to be sitting out every other round trying to get it to work. With a mag you can be sure you'll spend more time on the field than in the staging zone learning your gun(which isn't such a bad thing, i'd just rather have the gun work when i want to play, and work on it when i get home)

breakingpoint
04-10-2002, 10:53 AM
I don't know about your currency but I know i have a mag and that's the gun I started with and I wouldn't trade it for the world (well maybe for an e-mag) but you can't let this deal pass you by. Get it!!!!:D

Cliffio
04-10-2002, 11:17 AM
its about 360 dollars american

Bartleby
04-10-2002, 11:46 AM
oh ok the symbol didn't register with my comp.