PDA

View Full Version : Lowest Priced electro... RAINMAKER! $169!!! at pbgear.com

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-10-2002, 08:53 PM
yup, i got a e-mail from them some how and its a sale price a guess, gosh cost as much as most spyders, ive never used a rainmaker or an electro but if its made by brass eagle id be weary, tho iu have seen some nice rainmakers. here is the link http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-2020.html

epterry
04-10-2002, 09:33 PM
I think the Black Dragon compact is cheaper. and I think is eletro. look at the grip.
:D

epterry
04-10-2002, 09:35 PM
Here is the link http://www.actionvillage.com/paintball-guns-m3-paintball-guns-black-dragun-compact.html

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-10-2002, 09:38 PM
those are electronic? haha proved me wrong.. i thought it was just one of those spyder clones

epterry
04-10-2002, 09:55 PM
Ive herd it's built on old spyder molds but m3paintball does not = kingman and they arent like spyder compacts :D

ben_JD
04-10-2002, 10:30 PM
Two members of my 3-man team shoot Black Draguns. Once you trash the stock barrel and screw in a Spyder Boomstick (or other high-end barrel of your choice), it's a marker to be dealt with. Since it is spring/hammer actuated, the velocity consistency between shots is lousy, but the overall performance makes it very likely the best "bang for the buck" on the market.

liigod
04-10-2002, 10:31 PM
actually id rather shoot a black dragun than an angel, and my local shop owner DOES. He put his angel away for a dragun.

Shaft
04-11-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by liigod
actually id rather shoot a black dragun than an angel, and my local shop owner DOES. He put his angel away for a dragun.

Why?

lopxtc
04-11-2002, 06:31 AM
Allot of people laugh at the RainMaker ... but I have got to tell ya if you like to tinker with electronics and pneumatics then there is no better marker. You goto the RainMaker section at www.pbnation.com and look at some of the "frankenstein monsters" that some of these people have come up with ...
I will give them credit for doing the most with what they have, and for the wild ideas they thought of to work with these markers.

Aaron

DOWNWITHANGELS
04-11-2002, 07:59 AM
Wow, I never noticed the trigger guard on the rainmakers before. Could it be that the "most technologically advanced paintball marker today" is taking ideas from a failed Brass Eagle marker? I think I would rather have a new EM1 or black dragun before a rainmaker. My friend got one for $50 a few years back though.

DJSOLID
04-11-2002, 08:13 AM
I've got a friend who uses one and they are kind of prone to not working right at times (so that's irritating) but when that thing is on - it seriously rock and rolls. It's fairly efficient too. He runs it on co2 and it does pretty OK. I wouldn't bash that thing too much cause I've seen him fearlessly go up against Angel, Mag and Cocker owners very often, with good results. He belives in the marker and stands by it, so his confidence is not easily shaken. What more could you want? Only he paid like 269 HEHE.

mykroft
04-11-2002, 09:15 AM
The Rainmaker is a nice little marker once you fix the trigger. But if you want a great deal on an electro, track down an EM1. They're going for around $260, and they kick ***, think an Impy/Bushy clone which does 19 bps. Black Dragun's are electro-frame spyder clones, and there's one for $99. Not bad little guns, but they're no Angel.

iisp0tii
04-11-2002, 10:28 AM
rainmakers arent that bad acctualy, the only good product be came out w/. the only bad thing is that its loud. and about the black dragun, its not even a real electropneumatic gun. all it really is is a spyder w/ an electronic grip frame. i know my dads rainmaker can kick some royal ***. heres a picture of it...

-§on-
04-11-2002, 12:28 PM
:eek: :confused: What? Help?

KamikazePenguin
04-11-2002, 01:52 PM
I've got a rainmaker, and I love it. At one point I was considering quitting tourneys, selling my E-mag/Cocker/Minimag and just keeping my RM...

...That quickly passed, only the cocker/minimag are getting sold.

RM's are great guns stock, but with $50 worth of work from Mad Marty they become excellent guns.

Cliffio
04-11-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by liigod
actually id rather shoot a black dragun than an angel

this has been asked before but never answered

why?

AdrenalineMag
04-11-2002, 02:22 PM
The other day i was putsing around and lookin at guns, i saw the rainmaker at paintball gear for $200. I thought to myself "thats a great deal... i should think about getting one". Now that theyre only $170 its for sure! i mean, $170 for an electronic, closed bolt, pnuematic, dual regulated gun with a 45 frame, thats nuts! however not on the top of the agenda rite now for me, i will be looking at this in a month or so... Right now my schedule for my moneys looks like; 1) Entry and paint for next tourney. 2) 2 cases of paint for upcoming scenario game. 3) Intelliframe/Intelli z-grip. 4) 15* ASA from dingo. 5) Rainmaker