PDA

View Full Version : norwalk ct paintball store

dave_p
04-11-2002, 12:38 PM
it must be said:
there is a gun/paintball store in norwalk, they have an online store as well, so this potentially reaches far.

every time i go to this place to get something, these people(owners included) seem put out to have to actually look up and take your business.

i am a 33 year old grown man, father of two, work hard every day. every time i go in i buy something, i dont hang around for hours asking questions, i am not a "pain in the butt" type customer. and even if i was i am a customer, period.
this place sucks, they are elitist jerks dont give them your business if you planned to be treated like a person.

Cliffio
04-11-2002, 12:42 PM
sounds like you have been there more than once
why do you keep going back?

ju9st curious

Cliff

Jacob
04-11-2002, 01:06 PM
Just curious what this place is, I didn't even remember there being a store in Norwalk. Maybe this is why I've never heard of it.

dave_p
04-11-2002, 01:07 PM
cliffio, you always like to play devils advocate dont you, yes, i have been ther many times, less impressed each time.

it usually takes repeated events to detect a trend, get my drift. there is one kid, never got his name but he's genuinely nice, of asian descent(not that that means anything, it just the only characteristic i have to identify him by, other than the fact that he is courteous and helpful).

they are the only show in town, which adds to their arrogance, we are in fairfield county ct. which has the largest per capita disposable income in the US, rivaling places like beverly hills and so on.

they cant fill a bottle without blowing your fill nipple, and then leave you high and dry, and no, this didnt just happen once.

they overcharged me once for a lens for my goggles. i went back totally cool, with reciept, unopened lens, just wanted the difference back(or what i paid for, made no difference), was actually going to pick up something else while i was there and i was treated like a total peon by one of the OWNERS, because he must be too important to be bothered.

there is just this general attitude about the place that makes you apprehensive about actually going there to buy something.

Cliffio
04-11-2002, 01:16 PM
oh sorry, i had no intention of playing any advocate(sp)

it just to me sounded like everytime you go in there something like that happens, in which case i would never go back

but i got what your saying, ive never been in that type of situation, seeing as paintball isnt the worlds largest sport, some stores are actally proud to serve you

at least thats how all the store around me were

Cliff

dave_p
04-11-2002, 03:05 PM
dont be sorry, cliffio i didnt mean it like that. you just made me wonder myself why i bothered. you are right, im not going back, not worth the aggravation and obviously they dont want me as a customer. luckily i can order parts from agd and get em pretty quick. for other stuff there are other stores in ct. just not 10 minutes away.
there are stores in connecticut where people are happy to have you as a customer, its just a hump for me to get to them.

this other place needs to work on their client relationship skills. some of the staff there own mags, maybe even visit this forum. anyone else in the area reading this, save yourself a hassel and go elsewhere.

Steven
04-11-2002, 04:40 PM
I completly agree with the attitude of the poeple in this store. I ONLY go there when in a major pinch. There could be no one in the store and 1 person behind the counter doing what ever and you have to wait for him to do what ever and finish before he even acknowledges your existance.

Then look at their website for a price and go to the store. They WILL NOT match their own pricing they advertise.

I <3 MAGS
04-11-2002, 08:04 PM
Are you talking about the same place that used to be Scott Moss or what ever it was called?

Fred
04-11-2002, 08:35 PM
I don't use the local store by me anymore... I won't name it but it's the only store in Canton MI...

They have a bunch of cocker-jock (the ignorant kind) high school kids who like to mess around with Dremels... their best tech left a while back (but after i stopped going there) too.

They did carry every marker on the market, including Mags, and the owner is cool, but his employees are morons. One even suceeded in jamming the sear on my phantom while trying to adjust the velocity... I have NO Idea how he pulled that off... but it was 10 minutes after i explained how to shoot a pump... and he had already broken 6 balls in the breech...

Stores with lousy service don't get my support, the ones that treat me good are the ones I go back to again and again.

Croix71
04-11-2002, 09:00 PM
Same here. I'll go to the local stores only if I have to. Other than that I do my shopping at a store that's 3000 miles away in New York via free minutes from my cell phone. There I get great customer service. Donngie asks what I want, tells me when I can get it, and if not he refers to someone on AO that can get it. :D

dave_p
04-12-2002, 05:22 PM
y ou wouldnt
e xpect me to
s lander would you?

Telefragged
04-12-2002, 06:09 PM
A bit of a drive, but there is a rather nice place in Monroe, called "Extreme Paintball of Monroe". Nice place, decent prices, and I think they can fill 4500 tanks if you have 'em, I think. Paint prices are decent, but markup on small things is a bit much. I'd suggest checking it out if you're ever in the area.

frgood
04-12-2002, 07:18 PM
I recall Guilford not being to too far and I remember they were very pleasant to deal with. I posted their info from warpig below. They're woth the drive.

Eastern Paintball Supplies (http://www.easternpaintball.com/)
Easterm Paintball Supplies
Guilford, CT, USA
1-888-4-EPS-LLC
easternpaintball@yahoo.com

Anything you see, we can get! We carry in stock a large selection of guns, paint, masks, etc. We have some of the lowest prices on the net! Not to mention great service. If your looking for a paintball store, run by paintball players and owned by paintball players, you've found it! http://www.easternpaintball.com/

dave_p
04-12-2002, 07:41 PM
guilfords a nice town, was looking at a house there.closer to some fields too! thanks everyone for the input!

Steven
04-13-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Telefragged
A bit of a drive, but there is a rather nice place in Monroe, called "Extreme Paintball of Monroe". Nice place, decent prices, and I think they can fill 4500 tanks if you have 'em, I think. Paint prices are decent, but markup on small things is a bit much. I'd suggest checking it out if you're ever in the area.

These guys are less then 5 min from my house. The Nowralk store is on my way home from work. Their prices are ok, just wish they had a bit mroe of a selection. I would think in time they will as they are still relatively new and what they do not have they are able to get in a day or 2.

But more importantly the guys there from my few expeiences with them actualy care.

HoppysMag
04-13-2002, 06:23 PM
Smooth dave_p real smooth. my local store is kinda like that. they are nice and all but they will sit there talking to someone who isnt even buying anything ( cocker jocks goining in to look at all the shinny things:D no offense cocker owners) then when they do acknoledge your there they over charge you on paint,and air. a 68 3000 psi is like 8 bucks there. but the owner is real nice and they all are but they just need to get their prioritys straight. thats why i work at a field, free c02 cheap nitro, and discounted paint and field fee.

Timmee
04-27-2002, 05:05 PM
... Valley Firearms in Shelton, CT. It's on Howe Ave, right near the bridge into Derby.

skipdogg
04-29-2002, 09:03 AM
I belive the Norwalk store operateds a website called paintballgeeks. If they are the same, i have filed a complaint with the BBB on them. i suggest not doing business with them. They are incompetent, rude, liars, and all around jerks. BTW they have next to zero knowledge about AGD products

soilent green
04-29-2002, 09:30 AM
a little far from you but in branford and in old lime thier is a store called Eastern Paintball they are great good prices on fills air is $3 for 3000 psi and $4.50 for 4500 and CO2 is $3 any size paint is a little pricey they all are very nice and knowledgebal(sp) paint is a little pricey but fresh they also push cockers but other than that they are great.

FGTH
06-24-2005, 08:53 AM
it must be said:
there is a gun/paintball store in norwalk, they have an online store as well, so this potentially reaches far.

every time i go to this place to get something, these people(owners included) seem put out to have to actually look up and take your business.

i am a 33 year old grown man, father of two, work hard every day. every time i go in i buy something, i dont hang around for hours asking questions, i am not a "pain in the butt" type customer. and even if i was i am a customer, period.
this place sucks, they are elitist jerks dont give them your business if you planned to be treated like a person.

Here's my review of Forest and Field Outdoor Specialties located in Norwalk, CT (4 New Canaan Ave) with two websites, paintballgeeks.com and forestandfield.com.

I justed visited the store you mentioned.

I would understand the negative impression all customer would have after dealing with this company.

Experience
When you enter the store, no one's there (no customers... just 1 -2 people manning the whole store).

They actually seem reluctant to help you or to answer your questions.

Bait and Switch Prices
Most of the paintball products don't have prices labeled on them so the prices vary depending on who you speak to.

If you happend to see an advertisement in newspapers or on their websites, don't expect them to give you those advertised prices.

No Refund Policy
They don't tell you this anywhere before you buy.
The only thing you see is "No Refunds" printed on top of the receipt.

Unethical Sales Practice
They have in big signs "Clearance Items" and the products listed below. Ask them how much a bag of paintballs costs (on clearance list). They tell you $14.99, but they charge you $24.99.

Recommendation
Avoid this place. They're unfriendly, unethical, and 100% unsatisfactory.

shartley
06-24-2005, 09:09 AM
A lot of places have a no refund policy if the item has been used. And trust me, if they didn’t they would be spending far too much time on returns and losing money trying to sell a used product. It has to do with the way the majority of the paintball buying public is, unfortunately.

However, I believe this policy should be in large print at the register as well as posted around the store. And some shops I have been in have it that way.

As for how a customer is treated…. Oh my. I have experienced the same “ignored” treatment at paintball shops. Because I am not some teenage kid with a dumbfounded look on his face I am virtually ignored. I have even stood looking at gear for 15 minutes without anyone coming to ask if I need any assistance or have any questions. But I see sales folks rush off to help a kid who just walked into the shop or stand around yakking with teens about some local tournament they went to or what they saw in some paintball publication.

I guess it is more important to be “cool” with the kids than actually assist in a sale.

I have other gripes about paintball shops, but I don’t think they really apply to this conversation…. So off I go to finish my cup of coffee and get back to the shop.

Enraged Monk
06-24-2005, 09:27 AM
I bought a few markers from Eastern, and i used to go to them when they were right near the florence griswald museam (my uncle lived in that big brown house i front of it)...i could walk there, but not did my uncle move, so did the shop...i will normally hit up strategy plus nowadays...Grotons a long drive from Voluntown (right on the water though with DUCKS)

RedBeard
06-24-2005, 09:36 AM
... Valley Firearms in Shelton, CT. It's on Howe Ave, right near the bridge into Derby.
I've been there (used to live right up the street). Nice guys from when I've delt with them. Also, it's mainly a firearm store, so you don't have a lot of the arrogant high schoolers you do in many other shops (at least not the last time I was there anyway).

Timmee
06-25-2005, 10:15 AM
I've been there (used to live right up the street). Nice guys from when I've delt with them. Also, it's mainly a firearm store, so you don't have a lot of the arrogant high schoolers you do in many other shops (at least not the last time I was there anyway).

Really? Where? I used to live on Myrtle Street.

yingyang
06-25-2005, 02:22 PM
hello nieghbor across the pond, i go a pro shop in danbury called paintball plus and the owner is nice and pretty much all the people there are nice. Try going there if you got the time. :cheers:

Steelrat
06-25-2005, 05:35 PM
I have only had one good experience at a paintball store, in Modesto, CA. They took their time with me and treated me with respect. Generally, I get some teenage-early 20s idiot who doesnt know one thing about customer service. I actually had one clown at Delta Paintball in Concord, CA look at me when I entered the store and tell me "What do you want?" I guess I had interrupted some conversation he was having with some other slackers in there.

dave p
06-25-2005, 07:34 PM
would this be CO2 or HP Air? If its HP you know why its blowing dont you. If its why I think, its a safe choice not to go back there.

yeah, they fill the tanks too fast and it shifts the oring in the nipple. i cant believe this old thread is back. i guess they still must suck over there. i havent set foot in there in years. i have good luck with getting my stuff online. i deal directly with indian creek and AGD, and order all my other stuff from C.O. paintball or paintball games of dallas. i get fills at the field. the store in meriden is pretty good and the guys there are all pretty cool. but that other place just sucked.

Evil1
06-26-2005, 12:57 AM
Paintball Plus in Danbury is a good store. My father lives in Danbury and introduced me to the store. I was only there once, but the people who were there were very nice.