PDA

View Full Version : Warp Upgrades?

keiphers
04-11-2002, 05:13 PM
Could someone give me info on how to do the 12v conversion and the on/off switch, as well as any others I didn't mention? Are there any prefab kits for these?

Kevmag
04-11-2002, 06:23 PM
Warped Sports (I think) makes a 12V Warp harness, but I'm not sure what they charge. I noticed their product in the Apr 02 of APG.

It is relatively simple and inexpensive to build one (I believe someone posted instructions). I was thinking of building several (w/o on & off) and selling them on AO (and possibly other forums). I bought/borrowed a soldering iron, a volt meter, 9V snaps, 12V regulators, heat shrink tubing, ect., but I'm just not sure if anyone would be interested.

Again, the parts are not expensive, but making a tested (need to make sure it is outputting 12V or you will fry your board in the warp), reliable harness may take time.

So my question to YOU (AO) is what would you pay for a 12V warp harness? What features are necessary? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

ProjectMag
04-11-2002, 06:32 PM
Here's a link to do the battery mod and on/off switch. It starts about half way down the page. ;)

http://www.pettypb.com/timiwarp.html

keiphers
04-12-2002, 07:45 AM
Thanks guys. I'd pay around $30-$50 for the 12v Warp adapter. An on/off would definately needed. Another good feature would be making it easy to link to the Intelliframe.

keiphers
05-19-2002, 11:57 AM
I have some new questions. Does the parallel 9v mod make the Warp spin faster. I'm barely out shooting it and want to increase speed. Also, could someone tell me how to power a Revvie off of Warp's batteries (reduce weight)?