PDA

View Full Version : Help Me!

KOP_jedi_master
04-11-2002, 08:06 PM
ok guys the deal is i just bought a used benchmark cradle....but MY NITRO WONT FIT ON!....it screws in but when the bolt thingys that stick out from the tank get close...they stop and refuse me to screw in my tank any further........if you dont understand...then i posted 3 pics...one of the bolt thing that sticsk out of the tank...one of the cradle....and another view of the cradle...

when it wouldnt fit i tryed to sand down the bolt thing.....this resulted in a little help but still got stuck later on in the little corners.....so then i tried to sand the corners of the cradle......a little more help but still got stuck.....so now i dont know what to do.....please help...can i get a different size bolt or anthing...............or could i maybe cut some of the cradle off?

Derek

KOP_jedi_master
04-11-2002, 08:08 PM
another of the cradle

KOP_jedi_master
04-11-2002, 08:11 PM
one more of the cradle

Rocp15126
04-11-2002, 08:31 PM
Are you trying to say that the bolt (or whatever that thing is) is bottoming out in the hole? Try a shorter bolt. If you sanded down the shank of the bolt you may have dinged up the thread a bit. Try running a die on the shank or file it a bit to take off any burrs. You may also want to run a tap down the hole to make sure that the hole's threads are o.k. Also check to make sure you didn't mushroom out the shank. Try using a little bit of oil on the bolt when you run it in to. It could also be that you have the wrong bolt size for the hole or the wrong thread type (fine vs coarse) LOL

Rocp15126

KOP_jedi_master
04-11-2002, 08:41 PM
ok....heres what im gonna do... im just gonna cut off an inch or two from the back of the cradle....(it should affect nothing....its just there to cover up some of the tank im guessing) that should cause it to not hit the thing sticking out from the tank(someone tell me what this is that way i can call it by its name)....what do you all think...

Derek

btw rocp....i was saying that the thing sticking out of the tank was refusing to let the tank screw in all the way because it is too long....

PAINTBALLA01
04-12-2002, 05:18 AM
ok i had the same drop all you have to do is take the big black shroud off by unscrewing your air fitting and i cant remember if the is right or not but i thing there are also 3 little tiny allen wrench screws. once you get it off screw your tank into the little thing and then slip the shroud back over it and screw the screws and your air fitting back in. i hope this helps

Bartleby
04-12-2002, 06:59 AM
there is a thing called a life saver. basically is a thick o-ring that you put in your asa and it allows the tank to get a good solid connection with the asa witout being screwed in all the way. hard to explain but i'll put up a link later today. 'till then.

pip_999
04-12-2002, 08:16 AM
let me know how it works out for ya
could be a prob with a drop
call the company if there suggestions dont work

KOP_jedi_master
04-12-2002, 10:51 AM
ok about the life saver.......since the cradle has an on off on it will it still be able to push the pin valve down......? well later today im going to cut it.....ill let you all know how it goes...

derek