PDA

View Full Version : Totally Unsubstantiated Rumors To Induce Salivation...

M-a-s-sDriver
04-11-2002, 11:26 PM
After having my Angel and Angel Air serviced by a local WDP Master tech, (no names mentioned, but you know who MAUI PFB) I bought a new Gatefeed and pewter snake backplate. I inquired about buying the E-mag on the wall, and was told by said tech to not spend anymore money on paintball for a couple of months. Although sworn to secrecy, he told me WDP was preparing to release some truly amazing paintball machinery, but he could'nt talk about it. Also, I was to keep an eye on AGD. Apparently, the new battle will not be Angel vs. Cocker, but Mag vs. Angel, probably with WDP on top. The hint was that ACE and COPS were not going to be needed much soon.
Also, it looks like the WDP guns will stick with the trigger guard thing. The reasoning, as explained to me, was the guard resembles the infamous "69", and the Angel guys want to use that as a styling que.
The source of information here is from a long time industry type guy whom I have known for years.
Let's see if he's right.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

liigod
04-11-2002, 11:50 PM
lets see, you are at predator no? and an angel tech there? naw... lol if u read all your posts and connect the coments of Oh and this as well as take into account that up at pred they love emags and angels... leads to predator. But you didnt say it, i did, :D guess yer not in trouble.

M-a-s-sDriver
04-11-2002, 11:52 PM
I am very, very sly. You have no idea.;)
Brent Jackson, PFB.

liigod
04-12-2002, 12:18 AM
u kno chad up at pred, works there sometimes? Hes like 13 and 6 foot 2. Hes the man. Buddy of mine :cool:

Snooky
04-12-2002, 12:40 AM
why did u do this???? ahh now im wondering what it is????

liigod
04-12-2002, 12:47 AM
dont worry, i bet its nothing.

Maui PFB
04-12-2002, 01:17 AM
Hey MASS

What is that new DOO DOO you got for your Angel. I am curious??/ By the way is your cell phone down. CALL ME!!!!!!!

FooTemps
04-12-2002, 01:22 AM
lol... This seems to be very interesting... I hope it's a something rumor and a nothing rumor. It would be sweet to see mags vs. angels in all pb forums for a couple years.

Spaceman613
04-12-2002, 08:56 AM
Darn good point about the pump conversion. and look how many are making further conversions to that same pump to make it electro. Im getting more inclined for another phantom or carter... ROF is a crutch for lack of game. Of course this is only for rec play. in tourneys, ROF is almost needed.

thecavemankevin
04-12-2002, 09:45 AM
Jeez, the paintball industry is about as bad as the Auto industry now. Everyone is wondering what is next.

Besides, anything WDP is over-rated imo.

Oh, and that 69 trigger handle (pretty dang sad)

Fred
04-12-2002, 11:09 AM
WDP Will be releasing a Nelson based Pump! That's gotta be it!

It will totally revolutionize the way we play... :D

Spaceman613
04-12-2002, 11:14 AM
Actually, that would be GREAT...

I could only wish more people would pick up pumps. I was hoping that with the Carters in the DYE catalog, more would look into pump as a viable way to have fun. If only they could put Phantoms in catalogs with as much cheese, I mean appeal, as the elcetros.

PLEASE we need more pumps. Heck, I have 5 or 6 now.

thei3ug
04-12-2002, 11:22 AM
yah... let's look at the last hypes wdp put out...

something new and revolutionary... it's... a TOOLKIT where the "volumizer" goes! WOW!

Let's see... revolutionary new... LCD air system! That performs... NO BETTER THAN ANY OTHER FOR 300 MORE! But we gotta sell it, so let's sell one with a female on it doing... yah!

IR3... hmm... sounds good... sounds tempting... it's released with... NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SPECIAL AT ALL!

At this point in my life, the moment someone says "it's gunna revolutionize everything," I put ten more dollars in the cigar box "reanno your BOSS pump" fund. Undercocking nelsons are revolutionary, after all.

FooTemps
04-12-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by thei3ug
yah... let's look at the last hypes wdp put out...

something new and revolutionary... it's... a TOOLKIT where the "volumizer" goes! WOW!

Let's see... revolutionary new... LCD air system! That performs... NO BETTER THAN ANY OTHER FOR 300 MORE! But we gotta sell it, so let's sell one with a female on it doing... yah!

IR3... hmm... sounds good... sounds tempting... it's released with... NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SPECIAL AT ALL!

At this point in my life, the moment someone says "it's gunna revolutionize everything," I put ten more dollars in the cigar box "reanno your BOSS pump" fund. Undercocking nelsons are revolutionary, after all.

Good points, I never thought about that but I guess WDP is either gonna be all hype about this one or they'll actually do something...

Cliffio
04-12-2002, 02:12 PM

yeah OK

yuo might not like it but there ARE alot of new features on the ir3

that being said, not all are usefull but you make it sound as if its just an lcd with new milling which it is not

Cliff

but you got
COPS
new text
infra red capabilities
new trigger points
+ more

FooTemps
04-12-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio

yeah OK

that being said, not all are usefull but you make it sound as if its just an lcd with new milling which it is not

Cliff

but you got
COPS
new text
infra red capabilities
new trigger points
+ more

But it isn't REVOLUTIONARY... lol, I wish that the ir3 had more... It would be awesome if WDP made a manual mode like agd did...

Spaceman613
04-12-2002, 02:27 PM
or better yet, a barebones version.. no lcd, no fire modes, no lights, no whistles, no inline reg, no barrel. That way I can put a freak back on it and run my stabilizer or a max flow, and have a gun. I dont want all of those fancy shmancy modes and pretty milling things. Oh, and make the color basic black.

Cliffio
04-12-2002, 02:27 PM
but i dont think that wdp claimed it to be revolutionary did they?

i dont know about you but a way that senses paint without an eye is pretty cool, revolutionary? perhaps

infra red between guns? has that been aplied to any other type of marker?

Cliff

im not saying that wdp hasnt done its share of hype but they also have come out with some very good ideas that still may have an effect on things

FooTemps
04-12-2002, 02:29 PM
but i dont think that wdp claimed it to be revolutionary did they?

i dont know about you but a way that senses paint without an eye is pretty cool, revolutionary? perhaps

infra red between guns? has that been aplied to any other type of marker?

Cliff

im not saying that wdp hasnt done its share of hype but they also have come out with some very good ideas that still may have an effect on things

I like the cops idea the best... I can live without infrared. I think you could just wire up 2 guns to transfer data. It's much more secure that way. There's no worries about that messaging crap.

Butterfingers
04-12-2002, 02:29 PM
When has there been a need for infared communications?

Simply a solution to a problem that dosent exist.

FooTemps
04-12-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
When has there been a need for infared communications?

Simply a solution to a problem that dosent exist.

I think that the old ir3 infrared communication was bad. Didn't the nppl ban the ir3 for the infrared communication? See, WDP just brought up new problems instead of solving them... I just really hate the infrared comm for some reason...lol

nutz
04-12-2002, 03:09 PM
my guess is its gonna have to do with ROF and ball breakage... maybe in a year or two broken balls will be unheard of??

thei3ug
04-12-2002, 04:05 PM

Cliff
but you got
COPS
new text
infra red capabilities
new trigger points
+ more

I'll admit, I like angels. And yes, I was a bit harsh. So I'll be a little more subdued with my response. What I mean is, although they hold themselves as the forefront of paintball technology, and a revolutionary design firm, they are rehashing or remodeling old ideas and putting them in a new box.

--3 pivot wide trigger. I have an old 80's gun that has multiple trigger pivot points. Nothing "New" or "revolutionary" there. Oh, and it's "Wide."
--COPS sensor. Great idea, but once again, not a new concept. I have a "COPS" sensor on my TV remote control. WDP needed to back up their marketing claim that ACEs were not necessary... so... this is it? They replace the anti chop eye that "wasn't necessary" with something that does the exact same thing under a different name?
-Space Frame... ok. So agd bombs on the Z grip... but even if we forget about that, you still have Carter pump frames, with long handles at a near 90* angle. There are also the powerlyte grips that came out last year also toting the same "ergonomic" tag.
-Smaller 14 way valve... cosmetics. bah.
-programmable text. You could program the text on the last one. It just didn't look as nice. Oh, and everyone with an Emag has a see-in-the-dark visual display already.
-"new" 2 piece ram. You want it, you can have it.
-the ONE thing i really really like about it is that little plastic board cover, even though it pretty much corners out the aftermarket manufacturers for the time being. I'm certain someone will find a way to cheat it however.

thecavemankevin
04-12-2002, 04:24 PM

--COPS sensor. Great idea, but once again, not a new concept. I have a "COPS" sensor on my TV remote control. WDP needed to back up their marketing claim that ACEs were not necessary... so... this is it? They replace the anti chop eye that "wasn't necessary" with something that does the exact same thing under a different name?

-the ONE thing i really really like about it is that little plastic board cover, even though it pretty much corners out the aftermarket manufacturers for the time being. I'm certain someone will find a way to cheat it however.

I admit that i know very little about WDP/angels, just never cared for them. But know i have a few questions....

What is COPS?

Can you explain more about this "board cover"?

thecavemankevin
04-12-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by M-a-s-sDriver
Also, I was to keep an eye on AGD. Apparently, the new battle will not be Angel vs. Cocker, but Mag vs. Angel, probably with WDP on top.

Is this because of the extreme that we are to keep our eye on AGD?

The hint was that ACE and COPS were not going to be needed much soon.

Inline/selfcontained feed system?

Spaceman613
04-12-2002, 05:02 PM
thats OLD news if you read paintball patents. I remember a few months ago this being brought up on the TG.

My question is how much is enuff for ROF and gadgetude. I got caught up in it, but right now I feel its getting silly. Of course Im prolly the only person that want more pump, less paint, and less attitude.

rx2
04-12-2002, 09:26 PM
I have seen a couple of mods say on here that the new designs being worked with are supposed to be extremely easy on paint, perhaps the easiest. Maybe this is what he was talking about. But, speculation is just that.

As a side-note, I am suprised to see all of the pump supporters here. There aren't too many in my area, although I know some guys who will bust out the pumps and go a few rounds. It is nice to get back to basics sometimes.

thei3ug
04-12-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by rx2
As a side-note, I am suprised to see all of the pump supporters here. There aren't too many in my area, although I know some guys who will bust out the pumps and go a few rounds. It is nice to get back to basics sometimes.

I think I am the only person in NW Indiana who actively pursues playing pump.

Cliffio
04-13-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin

What is COPS?

Can you explain more about this "board cover"?

COPS- Crystal Operated Paint Sensor

its an anti-chop system, it doesnt use an "eye" like other do, its more of a sensor that detects the weight of the paintball in the breech, and without that it will not fire, hence not breaking paint
· No External Components or Wiring
· No Optical Sensors
· Will Shoot Any Color Paintball
· Unaffected by Sunlight or Weather Conditions
· Can be Armed/Disabled During Game Play
· Adjustable Sensitivity Settings
· 3 Base Level Settings
· Active LED Indicator

Board Cover- its the new lcd screen, it has a tamper evident layer of plastic covering
its so you cant just reset the board

Gotenks
06-19-2002, 10:07 PM
A whiles back when electros first started popping up I thought of the VTS system, the Variable Timing System.

That's pretty much what COPS is, except COPS includes the crystal sensor (which I didn't think of)

Well what VTS and COPS does is that, if paint is not detected, it reduces the rate of fire (a varied timing)

Then after a few shots without bad feeds the system speeds up again.

COPS doesn't work just like an ACE, by waiting until the ball is in the chamber to shoot, it reduces rate of fire.

RT_Luver
06-19-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by M-a-s-sDriver
Also, I was to keep an eye on AGD. Apparently, the new battle will not be Angel vs. Cocker, but Mag vs. Angel, probably with WDP on top. The hint was that ACE and COPS were not going to be needed much soon.

I think you mean AGD on top, DUH....

and that part about ACE and COPS not being needed in the future...wiht Lvl 10...it aint needed NOW