PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME create a damn light gun!

HyperSnyper
04-12-2002, 01:59 AM
Hello all,

I need opinions on the damn lightest setup possible in current paintball marker selections out there. My GF is using a JT 4.0 Gun with 14 Boomy and 20oz CO2. She has been complaining about weight, so now I need to make a damn light setup for her so she'll be happy. And NO plastic guns. I stil want a decent atleast aluminum gun for reliability.

I was thinking maybe Piranha G2 with an aluminum DYE Ultralight and 12 oz tank with a plain vl200. I heard PMI skimps on the aluminum which gives it a lighter overall weight. I saw in PAINTBALL magazine, in the gun review section, the g2 was like only 2.3 lbs.

Do you guys know if there is other combinations that could be as light or lighter?

LMK.

-Hyper

FooTemps
04-12-2002, 02:32 AM
Which piranha g2? Is it going to be bottomline or vertical setup? I think that those piranha traccer s/a guns are pretty light.

HyperSnyper
04-12-2002, 02:43 AM
traccer are light, if you are talking about the new traccer semis... but... plastic.

I need this gun to be light in every way, hell in every insignificant way also. I asked her about using a remote, but she said she doesnt like the line in the way.

im hoping this wont cost that much, I am currently selling her current gun and barrel and setup (actually its mine, but she uses it - dammit, i cant believe Im letting her tell me what to do with my own Equipment).

-Hyper

manike
04-12-2002, 05:22 AM
Bushmaster 2000. It's light and a good gun. Run it on a remote and there won't be any gun that can beat it for weight and performance.

manike

dansim
04-12-2002, 06:12 AM
well get her a phantom those are nice an light then get a 4oz tank and maybe the hopper body and your all set but if your lookin semi go for a pmi piranah or spyder and get a long drop forward(psycho ballistics) and a smaller co2 tank by moving the weight up it will change the over all feel of the gun

manike
04-12-2002, 06:15 AM
I would recommend sticking with a semi... it's less effort and easier to enjoy using, especially for someone starting out and if they will be playing against other semi users.

manike

Croix71
04-12-2002, 07:26 AM
Your best bet is to use the gun she has now and run a remote and see if that works. :D

tysonmachado
04-12-2002, 07:34 AM
If you use the same barrel on them, there is only a difference of under 2 ounces between a pirahna G2 and a stock powerfeed automag. And if you send me a body rail I can easily cut that much weight off of it.

luke
04-12-2002, 07:50 AM
Why get a different gun? I would lighten up what she has, get rid of the 20 oz tank and use a short aluminum barrel, that should make a difference.

pip_999
04-12-2002, 08:09 AM
you could go with any spyder or a pirahna
they are both light guns
then get her a 9oz tank
and a j&j ceramic or something

also if you dont have a drop on the gun that might be the reason why she thinks its heavy, cause all of the weight is on one side

just a thought :D

dropkick1
04-12-2002, 10:40 AM
my opinion is to just stick with her current set-up and either get a bigger drop like a psycho ballistics to give really nice balance or like some other people have said, run a remote, and buy a lighter barrel some smart parts barrels are really light, since all the guns u named are all basically the same.

ken

mykroft
04-12-2002, 10:53 AM
Impulse. great gun, cheap, and even lighter than a BM2K.

You can go with the standard Impy and a on/off CO2 tank for real cheap, or the Ultimate Impulse, with Vision and a Max-Flow for 995 US.

BTAutoMag
04-12-2002, 11:02 AM
yea go for the remote its the only way i can see.

FooTemps
04-12-2002, 01:06 PM
Hmmm... Just get a spyder compact for her. It should be fairly light. Just use a smaller tank and lighter barrel too. I think that you should take off the sight rail on it too.

BTAutoMag
04-12-2002, 03:53 PM
yea cause, ya know, a sight rail could weigh up to 5 lbs or more.

FooTemps
04-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Psshhh... Are you trying to beat me at postwhoring or something? sheesh...

mrbrutal
04-12-2002, 04:40 PM
68 caliber blowgun, revy and air :p

BTAutoMag
04-12-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Psshhh... Are you trying to beat me at postwhoring or something? sheesh...

naah. i just get bored and post... im on heres 6 hours a day. including all the time in school, before school, and at night.

liigod
04-12-2002, 05:22 PM
yer gun is fine dude, get her a zero grav barrel, and a 12 ounce co2 tank. OR ger her a stock and a remote kit man. if she complains about that, get her to a gym.

MikeCouves
04-12-2002, 06:04 PM
Haha yeah work her out a little. That should help. Well all the Piranha's and Spyder's are quite light. Mags are alot heavier then them because of the body and valve.

If she still complains, get a remote, and a light gas thru, take off all the un-needed crap.

If she still complains, we got a problem lol.

pumpamatic
04-12-2002, 07:10 PM
I'd say you ditch the JT for sure, those things are heavy and seem overpriced. You could try a micromag, if you would want to spend that much. Me, I would buy probably something like a Demonic Impulse with Vision and nice light HPA tank, along with a 12 inch aluminum Freak system. Just use it as an excuse to pick up some really sweet gear.