PDA

View Full Version : Need some desprete help?

Vertigo
04-12-2002, 03:53 PM
68-Automag Classic.

Problem: Cannot figure out why it is not working properly.
I just replaced the reg seat, and got a compressed air tank. I then tried to gas it up and with my on/off pin OUTit sounded like it was shooting hot it sounded like a cannon compared to its quiter sound when shooting a lot lower fps meaning like 280, i also tried to turn back the velocity some but i couldent un screw that thing if my life depended on it. So I then tried to put the on/off pin IN and it didnt even acknowledge the air in. So what im really wondering is Why will this gun not react to a gass source when the on/off pin is in but will only shoot hot if it is out?. Any help will be great as i cannot play intill i figure this out because i cannot make it shoot any slower then like 340 fps with the on/off pin out.

Jon

FrAuStY
04-12-2002, 04:29 PM
Why did you remove the on/off pin? That is the TRIGGER mechanism. It makes the gun shoot. Not sure how it was shooting hot or shooting at all without the on/off pin in the on/off valve.
With the gun not pressurized... try to back the velocity out. Does it have a tourney lock down ring on the velocity adjuster? (looks like a lifesaver with two allen screws) If it does..loosen the two small allen screws then try to lower the velocity... also.. never gas the gun up with the on/off pin out of the gun... that would be like cranking up your car without the oil drain-plug in it.. you should have lost all your air without the pin in it.
Did the gun work before you replaced the reg seat? It could be that its no properly seating on the reg which could cause hot shots as you're getting too much air into the chamber. Is it an AGD reg seat or off-brand (32 degrees, ans etc)? If its not AGD that could be the problem. Get and AGD rebuild kit...put their reg seat in... pu tthe on-off pin back in the gun and leave it in :mad: LOL Thats about all I can tell you. Hope it helps..if not... AGD has a tech line you can call.. good luck this weekend!

hitech
04-12-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Vertigo
I then tried to gas it up and with my on/off pin OUT

Do you really mean the on/off pin or is it the regulator pin. Without the regulator pin the regulator doesn't work at all and allows full pressure to the air chamber. This would cause the marker to shoot EXTREMELY hot and would probably be very loud. The regualtor pin sits in the regulator seat and has a small spring attached to it. Here is a link to an exploded view of the A.I.R. valve (if you hover your mouse pointer over various parts it will tell you what they are):

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=153&CATID=6

MikeCouves
04-12-2002, 07:57 PM
Won't air leak if the on/off is out? And it can't shoot either...

Vertigo
04-13-2002, 07:34 PM
Okay thanx it is the Reg Pin not the On/off sorry for the confusion. :( as you can tell by the post count im still a newb :(

BlackVCG
04-13-2002, 08:01 PM
What's happening is you're letting the gun shoot full pressure when the reg. valve pin is removed. You MUST have that in place. Put that in the valve, make sure the reg. seat is good, and that none of the o-rings busted from over pressurizing the valve and put it back in the gun. Make sure to tighten the rear velocity adjuster if it won't gas up when you screw in your tank.

It should have been leaking out the back when you had the reg. valve pin out of the gun. The piston (brass piece in the back of the valve) is designed to blow out excess pressure when the pressure in the gun gets too high.

Just go through the valve, make sure everything is in place properly and gas it up. Let us know how it works.

MikeCouves
04-13-2002, 08:41 PM
Okay now it all comes together. Yeah you are definately going to need one of those!!