PDA

View Full Version : Problem with mag. . .

ß.C.
04-12-2002, 05:19 PM
Alright, I bought this mg which I thought I thought was a great deal. he guy said it was in full working order but when it arrived the sear wouldn't even activate when I gased it up. So I stripped it down and fixed the sear problem(the on/off assembly was missing a piece that I had to replace) Now the sear will activate but whenever I pull the trigger nothing happens. All that happens is the trigger pops back up but nothing actually fires. When I adjust the mag to a high velocity the blow ot disc just pops out when I fire(I'm prety sure this is suppose to happen but the valve sounds like it is leaking when I don't crank it up) Also the trigger frame seems to be old and has no safety. I know it's not that the trigger is not pushing the sear far back enough because I have manually pushed te sear. If you cn help please let me know what I can do. If you need more information please ask and I'll provide it. I really want ot solve this problem!

Thanks!
ß.C.

Gunga
04-12-2002, 05:23 PM
Sounds like the previous owner might've messed with the trigger rod length. If you have calipers, the trigger rod-clevis assembly should be 1.990" long.

ß.C.
04-12-2002, 05:28 PM
Calipers? Whats that? And are you suggesting I cut something or replace something?

Thx for the help
ß.C.

Mav D MagMan
04-12-2002, 05:49 PM
Calipers are a precision tool used for measuring the diameter or length of something.

And he isn't suggesting you cut anything, if the trigger rod has had its length changed you are going to have to fix it, which he could tell you how to do, but you'd only need to if the length is wrong.

FrAuStY
04-12-2002, 06:13 PM
Also... if you can't find the calipers they are talking about... I know most autoparts stores sell micrometers for cheap-less than 25$ (but they are just as accurate if not moreso than the dial calipers). They are a good thing to have around for measuring tolerances on just about anything.. Spark plug gap for your car.. length of....lol nevermind! You got the idea.

ß.C.
04-12-2002, 07:25 PM
Ok thanks guys, do you all think it's because of hte trigger rod?

MikeCouves
04-12-2002, 07:38 PM
Hey Frausty, those things for measuring spark plug gap for cars...I heard my dad talking about one he had the other day. How do you use it lol?

Psychedelic
05-10-2002, 08:29 PM
I had that problem with my gun when i had a power tube spring in it. I changed it to a spacer and ti works great now.