PDA

View Full Version : new trigger

Stimpy
04-12-2002, 05:40 PM
I've been looking around at options for getting a new grip frame...i looked at a standard Benchy 2x, the intellifeed trigger, the hyperframe(centerflag), and the Z-grip. I'm looking for a trigger that will allow me a considerable ROF, and am just not sure of what would fit me best. I usually play point, so I'm looking for a trigger that will have a good ROF along with compactness and comfort in tight spots.

I'll probably end up ruling out the benchy, as i know that the other styles will most likely be better for me. I have a list of questions:

[list=1]
Is an intellifeed hard to install?
What is the intellifeed's ROF, and is it comfy and/or small?
Does anybody have a Hyperframe? If so, what is it like?
If i get a Z-grip, will i be able to keep my vertical ASA on my minimag?
[/list=1]

Finally, Does AGD have any plans on making Intellifeed Z-grips?

vlhockey22
04-12-2002, 06:33 PM
1) It's prety simple if you just follow the instructions that come with your frame, I am not very handy (especially with electronics)and this was still quite simple for me to hook up to my Revvy. (now warp, that might be a challenge but I'm not sure)
2) Well, rate of fire is different for everyone, for me I think it raised my ROF 1-2 ball a sec.(maybe 2-3),and as far as comfort goes I think AGD did a great job, I dont see how someone could think it's uncomfortable. I would say it's an avereage size frame (not to large, not to small).
My votes for the Intelliframe, but get some opinions and check out some of the other frames.

MikeCouves
04-12-2002, 07:22 PM
I have first hand experience with the Intellifeed, and it's not that hard at all.

So...

1. Not Really

2. It's really comfy and has DYE sticky's making it even better. It feels "right". You can shoot really fast with it because the trigger is make to perfect specs.

3. I don't have one, but it's just an electric trigger on a mag.

4. Nope, you would need to take it off or better yet get a foregrip extender which will put it out farther so you can still have it.

Yes AGD does plan on making Intelli Z's. But they are low on the list of things they want to get done first, like ACE, Superbolt, etc.

Good luck!

SoupRman
04-12-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Stimpy

[list=1]
Is an intellifeed hard to install?
What is the intellifeed's ROF, and is it comfy and/or small?
Does anybody have a Hyperframe? If so, what is it like?
If i get a Z-grip, will i be able to keep my vertical ASA on my minimag?
[/list=1]

Finally, Does AGD have any plans on making Intellifeed Z-grips?

1. nope, just goto radioshack and follow the instructions
2.as fast as you can pull the trigger without short stroking, standard .45 i would say
3. had one. trigger is sort of like lets see, it has 1mm travel pull at the bottom of the trigger, no side to side play. you will get excelllent ROF with this. also it's snappy.
4. you will need a milled rail extender.

i recommend the hyperframe if your looking for high rates of fire. 6bps+ depending on yoru finger but is limited to 13bps. also as which is more compact, the z-grip will get you compact hands down, and the others are jsut standard .45 frames. you might use a drop forward on the .45 frames.

Stimpy
04-12-2002, 08:26 PM
thanks for the excellent responses.

i plan on using a DZ II

im a little bummed that i cant use a Z-grip with my existing ASA....

but with that in mind....I'll narrow my search to the Hyperframe and the Z-grip.

more questions....
[list=1]
which(in your opinion) is better, the Hyper frame or the Z-grip?
and....I've heard that the Hyperframe is hard to install by youself, and that it sould be sent to centerflag to be installed...what's your reccomendation?
[/list=1]

MrMag
04-12-2002, 09:03 PM
every single person i know that has had an electro frame on their mag has hated it. to have one u need to know how fast u can shoot and try to maintane that speed. i would suggest getting a dye 2x trigger...or an intelliframe w/ blade trigger and u dont have to use the intellifeed

Stimpy
04-13-2002, 01:47 AM
well...i made a choice, I'm going with the Z-grip. Now, for pricing...I cant find ANY places that will even sell it online. Is there anybody that knows of any sites that i can find a Z-grip at a reasonable price?

MikeCouves
04-13-2002, 09:42 AM
Well as I said AGD is going to make Intelli-Z's sometime this year hopefully, I would save up for one of those! They are going to be really nice, and Tom's going to run a batch of nickel ones too!!!

Also, a guy on the forums made me a custom extender that doesn't cost much and doesn't extend it too much. I really love it and I will see if he's going to make any more.