PDA

View Full Version : New Toy......Or I had too much money burning a hole in my pocket!

headcase
04-12-2002, 08:28 PM
Well I had sold my E-mag to get ready for the coming of the Extremes. Well I got antsy and desided to pick up yet another marker I've never shot, and see if I like it.(This seems to be a common trend for me.)

It's a AKA PBX Excalibur. Basicly think of it as you would a Dark Angel to a normal Angel. Stock internals with milling and anno.(AKA already has a lifetime warrenty) Only difference here is it actually costs LESS than buying a milled and anno'd Excal from AKA.

The first pic is just the body. They came back from being milled and anno'd on Monday, and were all supposed to be assembled by today. Hopefully they will ship to PBX(Paintballistix) on Monday, and If I cross my fingers I'll have it by a Week from Monday(I'm not going to really hold my breath.)

The second pic is a fully assembled one in a different color.

headcase
04-12-2002, 08:30 PM
This is Mel, as far as I can tell he owns PBX, and designed the milling for the marker.

Cliffio
04-12-2002, 08:42 PM
nice gun, i would be excited

let me know how you like it ive thougt about giving them a try

Cliff

pumpamatic
04-12-2002, 09:35 PM
Excaliburs are sweet, they have really taken off in my area, mainly because they are light, tight, fast, and accurate, and seem quieter than any Angel I've heard. If you like Angels, I think you should definetely try one of these bad boys out. Heck, just try one out no matter what you like. I definetely would keep this one for a long time, even after the Extremes are perfected.

headcase
04-12-2002, 09:40 PM
I'd definately excited, I've wanted an Excal for a while, just never got around to picking one up. The only two complaints I hear about Excals are:

1) They are ugly----Well I definately don't think this one is.

2) They are slow. Well I guess that is a relative term. Yes the board is limited to 13BPS, and there isn't anything out there besides a warp or HALO that can feed a closed bolt marker that fast. I can rarely get above 10 or 11BPS with any marker so I don't think that is going to be a problem.

spliff
04-12-2002, 10:01 PM
Congratulations. That is so nice. Excals are without a doubt my favorite markers.
I wish i could afford one. Maybe someday ill manage to save enough to pick one up.

iisp0tii
04-12-2002, 11:23 PM
i dont know if i want a shocker, excalibur, or viking when i get a job. shocker & excalibur's are closed bolt, excals have 2 solenoids. vikings are open bolt & have 1 solenoid.

Puddleglum
04-13-2002, 12:14 PM
You have my dream marker. Sure hope you like it.

MikeCouves
04-13-2002, 12:38 PM
That's really nice man! I love Excals!! They are so overlooked! I bet they shoot amazing!

AngelBoy
04-13-2002, 02:33 PM
Nice gun!