PDA

View Full Version : BE Rainmaker! Mods! Opinions!

jurassic
04-12-2002, 08:55 PM
I could not help it! Bought a rainmaker from paintballgear for $169. Looks like a fun tinkers marker. Something to keep me occupied during the evenings waiting on the Extreme.
Anybody have any ideas besides letting the dog use it for a chew toy. Seriously it does look like an interesting design.
All those who own one or have used one please share your ideas and opinions.:) :eek: :)

BTAutoMag
04-12-2002, 09:10 PM
ok heres an idea just to freak people out.

separate the grip from the body and connect it electronically with a 4 foot wire. duct tape the main body and the hopper to the top of a helmet you can wear over your mask... see where im going with this;) then go through a game with it firing above your head... see how good you do. for an added twist add the warp the the grip and add in a 4 foot hose going to the gun so you can reload effectivly. just run the tank remote on your back and you wont need to worry about that.

im really tired:D

but try it and post pics...

datapimp69
04-12-2002, 09:21 PM
I used to have a rainmaker.

they can be great guns if you put some time into them

the list is long.

if you want some help PM or email me

jurassic
04-12-2002, 09:24 PM
Well....... OK. That's one idea! But anyone else that owns one. Intelli cable to a Warp for instance. Front grip mod etc.:rolleyes:

datapimp69
04-12-2002, 09:38 PM
ok, well ill start the list here.

first off you have to relize that the rainmaker is a autococker knock off.

but they built it to be eletro from the start i.e. the ram is in the gun not on the outside. but in the end it is all the same.

start here. http://www.dropzonepaintball.com/html/rainmaker.html

dropzone did amazing things for my gun. these guys like rainmakers and love to talk about them. feel free to call and pick there brains.

they have a "DROP ZONE'S RPM TOURNAMENT PARTS KIT" for $30 this is a good place to start. it has some of the main things you should do first. like replaceing the hoses on the MAC valve. changeing the valve pin. new bolt rod stuff like that.

new you can replace the low pressure reg the stock one isnt the best.

you can replace the ram.

you can buy the old board or a morlock board and get lots of options.

there are some nice bolts.

and you can allways mill the heck out of the body.

if you want to look at how the gun works go here.
http://www.dropzonepaintball.com/html/rainmaker_d.html

i hope this is a good start for you.

iisp0tii
04-12-2002, 11:19 PM
you can do alot to a rainmaker. new regs, barrels, bolt, rams, valves, trigger frame adapters, triggers, etc. heres a picture of my dads.

InfinatyBPS
04-13-2002, 06:42 AM
Talk to this guy he knows alot about rainmakers...
cujdik2001, hes on aim most of the time, might be able to sell u some custom parts too...

thei3ug
04-13-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by datapimp69
ok, well ill start the list here.

---you do that. But it would have been nicer if you didn't use a matter 0 fact attitude when spreading misinformation, but since I'm a big rainmaker fan, I'll help out...

-----
first off you have to relize that the rainmaker is a autococker knock off.
-----

-The action on a Rainmaker is nothing like an Autococker, and doesn't knock it off in any way. It is best compared to an autotriggering open bolt nelson. Here's an animated gif by HardWarz:
http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/rainmaker/ani_rain_cut.gif
Say you held the trigger down on a Sterling Pump and just pumped away. Congrats, you've just replaced the RM ram with your forearm. It's the same thing. The Rainmaker was codesigned by Nick Lotuaco, owner of Air Power. Air Power, By the way, made the Vector (coolest semi auto ever), which is where the rainmaker springs its lineage. and if you ever ripped apart a vector, they in no way resemble an auto cocker action.

------
but they built it to be eletro from the start i.e. the ram is in the gun not on the outside. but in the end it is all the same.
------

-Technically, the ram is on the outside of the gun. But if you want to play around a bit, Look at the Sovereign. They have a ram "on the inside" yet they are most DEFINITELY a non electronic marker. The vector (consider it the proto for the RM) has the same "internal ram" as the rainmaker, yet it is most definitely a non electro as well. The only indication that it was built to be electro from the start is that there is no mechanical trigger group and a honkin solinoid valve in front. It's not a big stretch of the imagination to switch the RM over to a mechanical marker.

-----
you can replace the ram.
-----

-Yah, you can replace the ram. With the exact same clippard part. You put a cocker ram in there with a different diameter and stroke like a lot of people did, you're gunna end up with nothing but problems.

=---=
my suggestions: aka valve, aka bolt, gut the stock reg (or use timberwolf's rear cap), vertical adapter, miscreant parts (hard to find his stuff now, but like the solinoid shelf, hammer and bolt link, etc), drill and tap for cocker ball detente, tap for angel feed neck, put an angel/bushmaster trigger frame on, have doc install gale force vision board... hardlines! hardlines are great. mill and anno, cocker shroud (or no shroud at all...) it's easy to spend a grand on these things.

BTAutoMag
04-13-2002, 06:02 PM
wow cool

FeelTheRT
04-13-2002, 06:52 PM
hah! and people thought cockers were complicated...

jurassic
04-14-2002, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the Info!! Still looking for the how to's to intelli a warp. From what I have read it sounds as though the Rainmaker will work very well right out of the box. It is ruggedly built, and little on the heavy side. Has a Nelson/Sherdan hybrid valve and hammer setup. There are several folks that have after market mods for sale. If anyone is inclined to tinker without spending a lot of money and doing most of the work themselves this may be the marker to get. No timing issues to worry about like a cocker or angel. Easy diasssembly with a cool bolt housing removal setup. And besides this marker was designed by Air Power. The same folks that designed the Vector. The best mechanical marker that never took off.The one main concern was the long trigger pull for an electro. Will purchase a after market trigger switch and trigger next week. Supposed to shorten the pull considerably. Also will install a vertical foregrip from a mag. But still for $169 and some minor expenses what is not to like about electro paint marker.