PDA

View Full Version : need help trouble shooting my mag!

N1ght
04-12-2002, 10:55 PM
I just got a classic TKO automag about 2 weeks ago it was working great until one day i went to go get sommore co2 i took the bottle off everything was ok then i put it back on when i got home and it was leaking from the hose fittings and the little hole on the duckbill adaptor! i can see no problem i have taken everything apart but the chamber parts i have asked many people not even they know. Please help me Thanks!! And it is double feeding that is something easy to fix i just dont know how!! Thank you very much!!

Omicron
04-13-2002, 06:35 AM
If there's a leak by the duckbill, unscrew the line and put some new teflon tape on there, put it back together and it should be fine.

Double feeding, check if you have a nubbin in your barrel. It might be a metal piece, or a black plastic piece. Tell me if you have one

Quiet
04-13-2002, 08:52 AM
Leaking at hose fittings. If it's macroline just push it back on to the fittings tighter, happens all the time. If it's the fittings themselves do what junkie said.

MikeCouves
04-13-2002, 09:49 AM
Well that little hole on the duckbill is called a bleed hole. It's their so when you are screwing out your tank the air between the top of the tank and the inside of the duckbill. This makes it easier to screw out the tank.

So, it is most likely your tank O-Ring that is cut or air is getting around it. Make sure it is not slashed or cut in any way.

Well the fittings are probably not in far enough, or they are weak and air is escaping.

If you are using the macro/micro line as a quick disconnect I recommend that you don't. If you keep using it like a QD the seal between the line and the fittings gets weaker and can break.

You should get a real quick disconnect and put it on there.