PDA

View Full Version : inline filters

sicones
04-13-2002, 10:24 AM
is there such a thing as inline filters to keep dirt out of your gun or did i just make it up and if there is, where can I buy one

BlackVCG
04-13-2002, 11:32 AM
AGD has them. If the ends of your SS hose have a taper going into the air hole, then you thread the end with a tap and screw in AGD's inline filter.

MikeCouves
04-13-2002, 12:27 PM
Proteam makes one too don't they? I have one of the AGD ones but Black what do you mean by using a tap? Is that making the threads? What do you use?

BlackVCG
04-13-2002, 12:47 PM
The AGD filters are a small brass cone shaped filter that has external threads on the ends. It's designed to thread into the end of the hose. A tap is what you use to tap the end of the hose so the filter can be threaded into the hose. Original RT's and MiniMags have them stock from the factory.

MikeCouves
04-13-2002, 02:11 PM
Yeah my little Minimag hose has one, one side has threads. But I have a 14" SS hose that I am using now and I would still want to use the filter. How would I go about that? Where can I get a tap? The filter seems like a very good thing to have and I would like to still use it to keep the dirt out.

Would I be able to go to like a hardware store and get a tap?

kopfjaeger
04-13-2002, 05:22 PM
Do inline filters contribute to shootdown? Seems like an awful lot for the air to go through to get to the valve.

BlackVCG
04-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Hardware store will have the tap. Just make sure your 14" SS hose has a taper like the stock MM hose. Otherwise the filter won't sit far enough in so you can screw it into the elbow. Just take the filter into the hardware store, they should be able to check the threads and get you the right tap.

MikeCouves
04-13-2002, 08:38 PM
Okay thanks alot Black!

Omicron
04-14-2002, 08:09 AM
I want to get filters, because my air is what you would call..."sub-par". There's dirt and stuff in it, and I'm interested in the filters.

I don't know what you mean by "tapered" but if you have pictures it would help a LOT...I have a 10 inch SS hose with QD's on the ends...Any help would be great!

MikeCouves
04-14-2002, 09:33 AM
Okay...when he says tapered he means it goes like from a width, and then that width gets smaller as you go deeper in. Cone like looking. I would draw it but my computer is doing these: É (question mark key) à (slash key). Itès really weird!