PDA

View Full Version : Important Superbolt question

drx975
04-13-2002, 12:11 PM
Did you shoot your super Bolt with no barrel ? That is more likely to cause the bolt to break.

Rob said this. So with a superbolt, you have to use the barrel when dry firing the gun in order to oil the guns internals. What the hell? Do I really have to keep the barrel on, shoot the oil through the gun, then take the barrel out to clean it? Anyone who has a superbolt, do you take the barrel off when you oil your gun? Or do you keep it on?

MikeCouves
04-13-2002, 12:31 PM
Yeah I asked that question on the thread. I'd say it's to keep the bolt lined up on powertube, but I'm not sure.

Also, if you have the stock bolt, that's what I would oil my mag with, without the barrel.

drx975
04-13-2002, 04:22 PM
Dude if I used the stock bolt then I would have to de-gas the gun, take out the valve, then switch bolts, then put the valve back, then gas the gun up. Thats even more inconveinent than cleaning the barrel would be.

KamikazePenguin
04-13-2002, 04:51 PM
I just keep my barrel on when I oil it up and then after I shoot ~20 shots i just ram my battle swab down there and load it up with paint

virus
04-13-2002, 05:18 PM
your better off switching to the stock bolt....

oils of any type and delrin dont get along to well.... it can cause the delrin to swell....

and yes i have first hand xp with that... we use delrin for some of the things where i work and no matter how many time we (the guyz in the parts room) tell the machine techs not to.. they still do and the delrin ends up getting stuck in what ever they were workin on... or it just breaks all together....

MikeCouves
04-13-2002, 09:04 PM
See what did Uncle Mikey tell you!!!!

Omicron
04-14-2002, 08:07 AM
I thought I remembered Mr. Kaye saying something like the delrin they use is superdelrin and it doesn't swell with oil...

drx975
04-14-2002, 10:09 AM
What if I just oiled everything manually by taking the gun apart the day before I played?---Cause my gun's internals are always oiled anyway. The only thing that putting oil in the ASA and dry firing could do for me is oil up the gun faster...yet with a superbolt thats not possible anymore.

MikeCouves
04-14-2002, 10:42 AM
Well you only have to use the ASA oiling technique like every 2 weeks or when you are cleaning your mag after you play. Is it that hard to switch bolts? God people are so lazy these days ;).

drx975
04-14-2002, 01:38 PM
Its not that Im lazy, its just I see that oiling my gun by switching bolts is a lot harder than just oiling up my gun the day before I play. Whatever, im getting an intelliframe first, then ricochet, so the superbolt is pretty far down the line.

Oddball
04-15-2002, 10:22 AM
If you want to oil you gun with the superbolt then just use an old barrel when you dry-fire it after oiling it.

drx975
04-15-2002, 03:20 PM
:eek:Wow I cant believe that I did not think of that...:eek: Thanx now thats settled *whew*, I'll just use my stock barrel.:)