PDA

View Full Version : Dremel Tool???

Hannibal
04-13-2002, 01:48 PM
ok so i just got a dremel tool for various reasons and am looking to unleash it on my automag, but i dont want to kill my gun. Anyway i was thinking about starting by making my body rail and fore grip chrome, but how to? should i simply sand it down? what should i becareful of ect. Also i was looking to cut down my standard feed and my drop forward, will it do this? anyone tried it, it has five speeds also so what did you use, anyway thanx for any help you can give me

MikeCouves
04-13-2002, 02:09 PM
Well for making your parts chrome you should use oven cleaner to remove the finish. Then take 400 grit sandpaper to get it all off. Then 600, then 800, then 1000 get my drift?

Use a cut off disk to shorten down your feed tube. Make sure there's still enough room for an elbow to fit fully over it though. You can use a hose clamp over the tube and use it as a guide for the dremel.

The speed doesn't really matter. I would use a higher speed for grinding down the metal because it will be faster and smoother.

Tunaman
04-13-2002, 02:36 PM
Do NOT use the dremel to polish the aluminum parts. It will ruin them. Sand it by hand.

Hannibal
04-13-2002, 04:29 PM
thanx for all the help guys, i posted this in the tech forum also and between the two i got a lot of help, anyway i just cut down my standard feed and its awsome, i am gonna do the polishing later, thanx