PDA

View Full Version : Dremel Tool?

Hannibal
04-13-2002, 01:49 PM
ok so i just got a dremel tool for various reasons and am looking to unleash it on my automag, but i dont want to kill my gun. Anyway i was thinking about starting by making my body rail and fore grip chrome, but how to? should i simply sand it down? what should i becareful of ect. Also i was looking to cut down my standard feed and my drop forward, will it do this? anyone tried it, it has five speeds also so what did you use, anyway thanx for any help you can give me

SqueegeeKid
04-13-2002, 02:06 PM
I sanded my mainbody, body rail and vert bottle adapter with sandpaper and used a buffing wheel on a dremel with some buffing compound to get it nice and shiny.

I did notice the polished aluminum isn't as shiny as the stainless steel mainbody though.

All i did was sand/polish the parts of the body rail that would show when the gun was assembled, it was hard work, and i didn't feel like doing more work than i needed to.

I started with 300grit paper to get rid of the paint, then worked my way up to higher grits till i hit 1200grit.
Then i used the dremel.

Fred
04-13-2002, 03:11 PM
There is nothing more dangerous to a paintball marker than a Dremel in inexperienced hands... Be careful.

If you want to polish your aluminum parts, you really should strip the annodizing first, or you can attack it with sandpaper, start with a medium grit and work your way to the tiny stuff after the anno is removed. Then you can use a Dremel and polishing compound to brighten it up.

Aluminum will not look as good as Chrome plating when it is polished, or as good as polished SS.

If you want to cut down the feed tube I would use a hacksaw first, and then grind the cut smooth with the Dremel.

I don't know what you would do to your drop forward without seeing it.

Dremels rule in the right hands... but be very careful.

Hannibal
04-13-2002, 04:27 PM
hey thanx guys it helped alot, i just cut down my standard feed and its awsome, i cut it down so the elbow comes almost to the base of the feed tube. i sanded the inside and also rolled the inside edge of the tube so the balls wont break or get stuck, i am gonna do the polishing later thanx though