PDA

View Full Version : Reactor Valve and the 8 hole mod...

veritas
04-13-2002, 07:02 PM
I'd like this answered once and for all...if anyone knows...I run Nitro on my mag....will the reactor valve and the 8 hole modification make a difference in the guns performance...I was told that they only help in the effeciency of the gun when co2 is is used as the propellent...

Any thoughts...

Veritas

BlackVCG
04-13-2002, 07:51 PM
They both do absolutely nothing with either HPA or Co2. Search 8-Hole Mods and Reactor Valves and you'll come up with plenty of posts saying why they don't do anything.

Havoc_online
04-13-2002, 08:12 PM
I believe it depends on the age of the valve, I had a very old classic 68 valve that did very poorly, I threw on a reactor and 4 hole mod and it worked like night and day better.

MikeCouves
04-13-2002, 09:16 PM
It shouldn't though. Mag valves haven't changed that much at all.

Xzion
04-13-2002, 10:19 PM
Well, the 8 hole mod was an AGD fix for older valves, when the two air passage holes on either section of the valve never consistantly lined up, having 8 holes, as much as ensured at least ONE hole was lined up

As for the reactor valves and other aftermarket valve 'upgrades' seeing as the AGD valve is currently pretty much optimized stock, none of the aftermarket valve internals can really make much of a performance difference. If anything, they'll just cause problms with your 'mag because theyre not made to AGD exacting specs.

When push comes to shove, as far as im concerned, anyone who seems to find an inprovement with aftermarket internals, is either rather lucky, or is convincing themselves its doing something since they just shelled a good deal of money on a product that they dont -really- want to admit does nothing. Though, as its been said, 'To Each Their Own'

I personally am sticking with my ReTo Valve, which IMO is the only valve upgrade really worth the while.

Manuel_FZR
04-14-2002, 02:53 AM
I tested the Z-Valve in my Mini, and I must say, the triggerpull is muchmuchmuch lighter (nearly like a mouseklick); but it doesnīt work flawless (often double-fiering and because of this chops) in my gun - so I changed back to the original one.
I would say - If the Z-Valve works flawless then itīs really great!

veritas
04-14-2002, 06:40 AM
Thanks everyone for the pretty definitive replies...looks like the money i would have spent for those will go for something else...:D

sifu01
04-14-2002, 09:30 AM
The reactor has a different on/off top that resembles the RT. I used it on my old '68 mag and it did feel better than not having it. An independent site did some tests using Co2 and freezing the gun. The manufacturer also sent in the valve to AGD to review. Forgot about the regulator mods though. Go here for reactor info.
http://www.paintballravi.com/Articles/Reactor/Reactor.html

sifu01
04-14-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Xzion
I personally am sticking with my ReTo Valve, which IMO is the only valve upgrade really worth the while.

I defintely agree with this. IF you can, save you money towards this upgrade.

veritas
04-14-2002, 01:40 PM
Thanks sifu01, that thread was pretty interesting to read...

BlackVCG
04-14-2002, 02:02 PM
Being that the Reactor Valve uses the same on/off pin as the stock on/off valve assembly, it won't change the feel of the gun at all. If you want "valve" upgrades, get the Retro Valve. Otherwise leave it stock. AGD spends a lot of money on R&D to make their guns as good as they can be out of the box. If changing the on/off would make it flow better, they'd change the on/off design. Regardless of how other manufacturers sell their guns, AGD sells their guns as good as they can be out of the box.