PDA

View Full Version : Shoot down problem ...

lopxtc
04-14-2002, 02:52 PM
Okay I was out today testing an EMag I just got used along with a 68/4500 DynaFlow tank.

I had the tank set at ~750 psi ... and the EMag was checking in at ~290 FPS. I changed between a Dye BoomStick and a 32 Degree Carbon Fiber. I am not using a Super Bolt, though I have one, and the battery was at full charge.

What would happen is that I would encounter shoot down on moderate (~5-10 balls) strings ...

Not having used a Mag since 94 and not being to familiar with the DynaFlow line of tanks, does any one have any suggestions as to what to check on both to try and resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Aaron

FordPrefect
04-14-2002, 07:37 PM
I don't see why there would be a problem, other people have dyna's on Retro Valves without problems.

lopxtc
04-14-2002, 08:01 PM
{Honestly not trying to be sarcastic or rude} ---
Of course there shouldnt be a problem. If there was then no one would buy either item. But alas, there is this problem ... which leads me back to my original question of "Any ideas on what to check?"

Aaron

Originally posted by FordPrefect
I don't see why there would be a problem, other people have dyna's on Retro Valves without problems.

a_malfunction
04-14-2002, 08:45 PM
Have you ever used a different tank on it? If so, did it have the same problem?

toymyster
04-14-2002, 10:00 PM
There may be a problem with your tank!!! I have seen many Dynaflows on many guns with no shootdown, and my hyperflow feeds my E-mag beautifuly!! My only guess is that your reg may be faulty!!!

lopxtc
04-15-2002, 07:39 AM
All,

I was pretty much thinking the same thing. Unfortunately this tank/marker setup came with a hard-line quick disconnect setup. All of my other markers and my teams markers use macro or micro line so at the moment I cannot easily hook up another tank.
Are there manuals for the dynaflow reg?

Thanks,

Aaron

pip_999
04-15-2002, 07:47 AM
or conatact the guy you got it off of

dmonahan
04-15-2002, 10:56 AM
You may need to replace the pin in the req. I included a extra one. It's in the box with the extra trigger magnet.

lopxtc
04-15-2002, 12:24 PM
Okay sweet I will check that. The marker is quite nice :) I was amazed at how well it handled 2-week old El Tigre ... was almost certain it would have broken some, but it fired almost 600 rounds without a break ... very nice ... much better results than with the mag I used to own.

Have you received the Impulse yet????

Aaron

Originally posted by dmonahan
You may need to replace the pin in the req. I included a extra one. It's in the box with the extra trigger magnet.

XspyX
04-15-2002, 12:41 PM
Put 3-4 drops of lube in your airline. Lube solves everything.

This happens to me if I don't lube so it may solve your problem. :cool:

dmonahan
04-15-2002, 01:02 PM
No I hope it will be here today. Also try turning the air on and off a couple of time. Had it happen at a turny once. Guess I need to change my profile.

Butterfingers
04-15-2002, 01:48 PM
Hmm Sounds like there may be an on/off pin problem. Sometimes they come too long and can cause shootdown.

First I would make sure there are no obstructions in the valve system or a defect in your air system. Shaving your on/off should be the last thing you do.