PDA

View Full Version : Warp And Batteries

SqueegeeKid
04-14-2002, 07:39 PM
Do any of you Warp owners find they chew through batteries?

I went through 2 brand new Rayovac batteries today. Then i put in a brand new Energizer battery to finish off the day.

I unhooked the batteries from the warp when i first got the Warp (about 2 weeks ago) so it wouldn't drain em while it was sitting in a box, so unless the Warp magically drains batteries inside the battery chamber that thing must need alotta juice.

Or those Rayovac batteries are crap?

Anyone else notice that?

RATM
04-14-2002, 08:17 PM
I used up a whole brand new Energizer Battery in a couple weeks, playing twice, once on each sunday.

than205
04-14-2002, 08:36 PM
I've had pretty good luck (so far) with batteries in my warp. Even bargain bin quality (rayovac).
When I get my act together this is what I'm going to get.
This has been suggested here a few times.
http://www.batterysupply.com/9v-nimh-batteries-chargers.htm
It's been my experience that Rayovac are almost the bottom of the barrel.

a_malfunction
04-14-2002, 08:51 PM
I've put about a case and a half on the current duracell ultra. Still feeding fine...

SqueegeeKid
04-14-2002, 10:48 PM
I'm staying away from Rayovac batteries.
I never understood why people considered Mags blenders until today.

Every few shots ended up chopping a ball. I didn't know what was going on until the Warp stopped working entirely. Then i figured out (duh) that the Warp wasn't cycling as fast as it should have because of those bloody batteries.

Hopefully Energizers'll fix that.

Think i might order some of those batteries at that site. Thanks than205.

BlackVCG
04-15-2002, 12:45 AM
I use the Plainview batteries. They work great and pay off their cost real quick.

virus
04-15-2002, 02:32 AM
welp i've tried the duracell procell (indust str.... yeah right) that i "borrowed" from where i work..... have also tried the bunny route and the generic rat shack ones.... i have gotten the same performance out of all of them +/- 500 rounds of a case on avg.

though the only paint i have been able to usle is the rps/pmi advantage shell purple/wht or the teal/wht both with wht fill... as the indoor mall field is fpo... maybe i'll have better luck next month when i head out on a road trip to play and throw some 32º paint through..... anyway i'll probly end up with the rechargeable ones listed soon though

oldsoldier
04-15-2002, 07:46 AM
i usually change batts after a case. Had a problem going over a case once...chopping like mad. Finally figured it was the batt. Since then, no probs.

BlackVCG
04-15-2002, 09:48 AM
If your dwell is set with jumpers all in the off position, you're going to eat batteries a lot faster. Setting it with two jumpers vertical spins it a lot less and is enough to feed the gun. This about doubles battery life.

SqueegeeKid
04-15-2002, 09:58 AM
Yeah, i have all four jumpers on, i was messing with it yesterday at the field thinking i mighta had the thing setup wrong. All the time it was the batteries.

I'll take two back off and see if my batteries last a little longer.

hitech
04-16-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by SqueegeeKid
Or those Rayovac batteries are crap?

That is what TK told me. I've noticed that they last AT MOST about 1/2 as much as duracell.