PDA

View Full Version : HALO/Warp/Emag combo?

Top Secret
04-14-2002, 08:04 PM
Ok, I've seen mixed reviews on the HALO. I love my Warp, but after 12 bps with my revy, my Emag enters the hidden "BLENDOMATIC" mode. I'd like the opinions of only those who have a warp/HALO setup if possible.

a_malfunction
04-14-2002, 08:39 PM
Why shoot so fast for so long? Quick bursts are all that is needed... But if you insist, a Halo on a warp would definitely be a fast feeding system. I dont think you could outshoot that.

alf
04-14-2002, 08:43 PM
emag/halo warp TOTALLY rocks...

this is the FIRST gun i EVER had that shoots one ball per pull of the trigger...EVERY TIME...you would be surprised how hard this is to do...

i am a TOTAL supporter of the emag/halo/warp

1. low target signature
2. 99.99% reliable
3. newbie WOW factor

but,

1. VERY heavy

-alf

DarkPhoenix
04-14-2002, 08:56 PM
I think the idea has merit, though I have heard of problems with opening the HALO. Weight is no issue for me since my set-up, complete with paintballs, weighs approximately 15lbs. I'm no front player but I can run with my set-up and people just hate it when I sew them into a bunker and they have almost nothing to shoot at. The only problem is that if I buy the HALO, I will have to go with a new pack and pod system, since I use a JT slammer system with a turbo rev board. I like the idea of the HALO, E-mag, and warpfeed combination, I'm just not yet willing enough to spend the extra dough and extra training to do it.

magking1971
04-14-2002, 09:59 PM
Here is my HALO, Warp, E-mag setup.
Works VERY VERY good!

Ratt
04-20-2002, 11:49 PM
I have an E-mag/warpfeed/halo setup. Other than it being a little on the heavy side, I love it! The only problem I have had is when I put dry-shell paint through it. The set-up works like a dream. I am selling my Sovereign b/c i don't even pick it up anymore. I think my e-mag is the last marker I will ever buy.

Croix71
04-21-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by alf
emag/halo warp TOTALLY rocks...

1. VERY heavy

-alf

Most will agree that's the only drawback with the set up.

Load SM5
04-21-2002, 09:35 AM
My warp never worked well with the HALO for some reason. The warp was constantly jamming. I never figured it out so I sold my HALO and bought a used clear revy and a Wicked Air Sports Turborev board and impellar. It keeps up great with the warp and is a heckuva lot lighter than a HALO. It's also easier to clean out and work on. For less than $40 you can get a turborev board and impellar for your revy. It installs in about 20 minutes.

AllAmericanMag
04-21-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by alf

3. newbie WOW factor

-alf

I love this. My Gold Shocker w/HALO is about a 9.9 on the "Newbie WOW" scale :D

Mantis
04-21-2002, 03:32 PM
I use the SNAPP pods from APP with my HALO. I don't use them the way they were intended - I think the little notch on the lid is supposed to catch the lip of the loader. Instead, they have a big square piece sticking off the lid which fits quite nicely in the hinge of the HALO, and works really well. Also, if you buy them 6+ at a time from xpaintball they're only like $4.50 each.
I haven't got to use the HALO on the Warp yet, because the batteries I bought brand new out of the package didn't workm(never buy Panasonic batteries from the dollar store). But the HALO by itself went awesome, and with the fast reloading from the SNAPP tubes, I used up ammo frightenly fast.