PDA

View Full Version : D-Day Scenario at Skirmish USA - 7/13 & 7/14

MagDog68
04-14-2002, 08:57 PM
OK - Thordic, round up the men because we are going to Normandy! If anyone is interested in this game I am trying to get an AO group together. This is a great opportunity to meet the people you have come to know so well on AO and play 24 hours of kickass paintball! Email me if you are interested. I may be able to pick you up if you live in the 5 boroughs.

D-DAY
a 24-Hour Scenario Game
JULY 13th & 14th, 2002

Come out to enjoy the fun and savor the action!

We will be converting our newly acquired front field acreage into the beaches of Normandy for this production. A Landing craft will disgorge US warriors from 6 locations for their assault across 75 yards of wide open beach-head…complete with bunkers, tank traps, and disabled military vehicles.

GAME DETAILS

DATE: Saturday, July 13th & Sunday, July 14th, 2002
RATE: $49.00 Pre Registered by July 1st, 2002
INCLUDES: I. D. Tag, Prizes & Awards
PAINT: FIELD PAINT ONLY! Available at .05 per ball.
AIR: CO2 and N2 Fills: $5.00 for 7 fills or $10.00 for 15 fills.
RENTAL EQUIPMENT: No extra charge, a major credit card will be needed as a security deposit until gun is returned at the end of the weekend.
PERMITTED: Lights, Paint Grenades, Perimeter Warning Devices, Night Vision Scopes, and Thermal Imagers.
PROHIBITED: Guns over 280 f.p.s, Hot Burning Smoke, Knives, Firearms, Flares, Rope, Wire, Portable Shields, Unbreakable Wire Trips, Laser Sights NO PYROTECHNICS, NO ALCOHOL, NO DRUGS!

SCENARIO:

The beaches are still in the early morning light; the German forces secure in their protective bunkers, calmly anticipate the allied attack. In the landing craft, US soldiers nervously await the first wave of assaults. The landing craft gangplanks slam down, and anxious soldiers rush out onto a painfully barren shore and very uncertain future. As the Nazi bunkers spew a tremendous barrage of fire, the attacking forces dig into their tenuous hiding spots; wishing they could evaporate into the ground. Will the German defense fail? Can the allied landing succeed?? German artillery barrages will pound the beach, as machine gun fire rakes every possible hiding spot. The allied destroyers big off shore guns will shell the German emplacements. Success or failure for the allies will hinge their determination, and the capable efforts of paratroops inserted behind enemy lines. Once (or if) the landing succeeds, the fighting will move inland to the farms and villages of France. Scenario players will be able to interact with French resistance, Vichy French, Gestapo agents, even Berlin Betty - the Nazi radio propagandist. There will be house to house fighting during the night as searchlights sweep the fields.

CALL 1-800-SKIRMISH FOR RESERVATIONS!!!

govnamac
04-14-2002, 09:00 PM
I'm probably going with some friends. Does anyone know if you're assigned to a side, or do you pick?

MagDog68
04-14-2002, 09:01 PM
When you register they will ask you which side you would prefer to be on.

~me

govnamac
04-14-2002, 09:32 PM
Want to see who is going from here and all sign up for the same team? Get some kind of AO thing going. I think my friends want to be on the German side though. They would rather be defenders.

Ack
04-15-2002, 06:17 AM
I'll be going (since I only live 25 minutes away) and I'd love to meet up if everyone wants to. Met a few guys from AO at Hunger Moon, would be nice to meet the rest. Oh.. if you were at Hunger Moon.. I was MV medic for the injuns.

Dayspring
04-15-2002, 10:48 AM
My team was at Hunger Moon. We had the big scary guy with the mohawk. Unfortunately, I'm not attending D-Day. My offroad club's big east coast event is that weekend. Oh well. :(

www.ecxc.com

dropkick1
04-15-2002, 03:22 PM
my friend chris and i are defintley going, and maybe some more of my friends. we were also at the hunger moon scenari and it was awesome. when u sign up, u pick the side u want to be on, but that would be cool to register as an official AO team, let us know what your plans are and we could be like a 20 memeber team and win most valuble team.

ken

dropkick1
04-15-2002, 03:24 PM
oh yeah, we were chilling with Ack for a bit at hunger moon, we should defintley all meet up.

ken

MagDog68
04-15-2002, 05:23 PM
Does anyone have a prference as to which side to sign up for? I don't really care much which said we are on, however playing a Nazi somehow seems strange.

~Fred

Mad_Cow_Midgetz
04-15-2002, 05:59 PM
:( I talked my friend who recently bought a mag into it, it just depends if i get a ride since i live in gaithersburg, Md i would have to convince my parents. I also have to check whether or not i go on vacation... darn:mad:

dropkick1
04-18-2002, 08:44 PM
any new plans yet? anyone sign up for a side? we should all register together so we can get most valuble team, let everyone know.

ken

MagDog68
04-19-2002, 07:48 AM
up up up

Ngksty
04-19-2002, 11:04 PM
I'm definitely interested. gotta speak to my friends to see if they are gonna go. Has there been any word on which side AO'rs are gonna sign up for?

MadDog: hey i'm in brooklyn too. regarding the ride, if my friends can't make it. thing it's possible if u can pick me up?

ngk:sty

Tunaman
04-20-2002, 05:07 AM
They have a lot of balls raising the price of paint from 4 cents to 5 cent a ball just for this occasion. Money hungry thieves! Miles to walk to get air too. With paint approaching 30 dollars a case now, count me(and a lot of other people) out!:mad:

dropkick1
04-20-2002, 11:43 AM
from the best that i've seen tunaman, the paint has been 5cents a ball for atleast a year at the scenarios there, since i've gone to all of them in about the last 1 1/2 to 2 years.

ken

MagDog68
04-20-2002, 11:50 AM
C'mon Tuna - that's the way things go - prices never go down! You knw you want to come! I'll let you look at your old drop forward! LoL!

~Fred

Originally posted by Tunaman
They have a lot of balls raising the price of paint from 4 cents to 5 cent a ball just for this occasion. Money hungry thieves! Miles to walk to get air too. With paint approaching 30 dollars a case now, count me(and a lot of other people) out!:mad:

Mango
04-20-2002, 05:15 PM
Wow that really seems like it could be fun!!! I will definetly go to that. Who is organizing the AO get together?

"I'm a Lieutenant!" <--RTCW :)

Tunaman
04-20-2002, 05:45 PM
With me and the Kid, You are talking 400 at least for paint! Rather piss it on a BlackJack table in AC!

govnamac
04-20-2002, 09:27 PM
I dont know if anyone is actually organizing any AO group, but me and about 6 friends are going, and will most likely be on the German side.

MagDog68
04-20-2002, 11:22 PM
LOL!!! OK man - I understand that. I am only paying for one person. I hope to see you at an event soon though.

~Fred

Originally posted by Tunaman
With me and the Kid, You are talking 400 at least for paint! Rather piss it on a BlackJack table in AC!