PDA

View Full Version : Automag Expansion Chambers?

Magget25
04-14-2002, 09:03 PM
I have a Automag Classis P/F and im looking to get a good Exp. Chamber for it. I was just wondering what is the best one to get? I heard if you run Co2 you need to get a anti-syphon in it so it wound freeze in cold weather is this true? Thanks

Johnny_Bravo02
04-14-2002, 09:44 PM
The mag is a gun build from the ground up as a primarily HPA gun. To run CO2 properly to keep from going liguid and ruining you seals you really need a siphon tank and a X-chamber. I use a PMI 6 stage x-chamber and 20 ounce on off syphon tank with PMI drop forward. The gun is really balanced. Hope this helps.
Josh

MrMag
04-14-2002, 11:22 PM
y not just get a cheap hpa tank, and save the money on the c02 and the expansion chamber.

pbR2k2
04-15-2002, 06:02 PM
Yeah it would probably be better to just save up a bit more and buy a cheap HPA tank, that's what i'm doing. If theres no place to fill nitro tanks around yu, and only C02, then yeah, a good x-chamber and an anti-siphon should work ok.

-† î [\/]

Cristobal
04-16-2002, 10:14 AM
The mag is a gun build from the ground up as a primarily HPA gun. To run CO2 properly to keep from going liquid and ruining you seals you really need a siphon tank and a X-chamber. I use a PMI 6 stage x-chamber and 20 ounce on off siphon tank with PMI drop forward. The gun is really balanced. Hope this helps.

Minor correction: I believe you mean anti-siphon tank. A siphon tank would be the opposite of what you need because it is designed to suck liquid CO2 into the gun, which is good for say a Montneal, but bad for a Mag.

Also, while the RT valve was certainly designed from the ground up for compressed air, I'm not sure about the AIR valve being designed primarily for HPA. Way back when it was designed CO2 was the only thing available. I know AGD came up with their own HPA system at some point, because the valve does work better that way, but to my knowledge they never went to the market with it.

But yes, otherwise Johnny_Bravo02 is entirely correct, the best cheap way to run CO2 on-gun is with an anti-siphon and ex chamber (6 chamber is probably preferable) and maybe an angled bottomline ASA. If you really want to do it right, then get a good CO2 friendly reg like Palmer's Stabilizer and use it place of or in conjunction with an expansion chamber.

some more info:
cmi expansion chambers page (http://www.paintballcmi.com/tech_talk_exp_ch.htm)
siphon and anti-siphon tubes (http://www.docsmachine.com/tech/siphon.html)

FordPrefect
04-16-2002, 03:00 PM
You talked about 6 stages being best, I have an 8 stage:D

PyRo
04-17-2002, 06:07 PM
The mag is actually built to be a Co2 gun. It was around before nitro was used on paintball guns.

cphilip
04-18-2002, 06:33 AM
Well if you want to talk "The best way" then a Palmer Stabilizer is better than a X chamber. 6 stages is good no less though. Some of the ones that claim larger number stages are junk and hype so be carefull. But if you got the bucks get the Palmer.

Zygote
04-18-2002, 12:13 PM
Will it hurt the mag if you run CO2 without an expansion chamber for just a day or will the velocity just fluctuate? I have to choose between my new intelliframe and the expansion chamber that won't fit on the gun at the same time until I have a chance to remedy the situation.

Telefragged
04-18-2002, 12:53 PM
I've heard great things about the Psychoballistics X-Core expansion chambers. 8 stage ones that go for about $16. Not a "chamber" in the traditional sense, they've got an insert which breaks up liquid CO2, but doesn't obstruct flow. The only play I know that sells them is County Paintball.

jmcj5
04-22-2002, 10:19 PM
Instead of an X-Chamber, look into a Palmer Stabilizer. Sure it's an extra 20-30 bucks, but it's worth it. It'll prevent those headaches on a hot day when the pressure from you Co2 tank starts to fluctuate.