PDA

View Full Version : Why no "eMag" forum?

DiRTyBuNNy
04-15-2002, 01:38 AM
I don't want to run a poll..because i've annoyed myself enough just placing them..but why no "eMAg" forum...i think that would be nice..especially for people who are new to mags and don't want to have to try and use the filters or search engines just to find a thread or two about eMags...

keebler
04-15-2002, 03:03 AM
wow, i havent been in here a while. i was wondering that too when i stoped in here. i thought they would have made one by now. i bet if they did then people would want a minimag forum, then a regular 68 automag forum, then a flatline tank forum, ect.

Creative Mayhem
04-15-2002, 08:53 AM
Keebler, you make a good point, I don't own an Emag, Yet. I do think that if you make a forum for one, the people would think you have to have one for every other type. I personally think you don't have to do that, but it would be nice to have, say, an electro forum and a non electro forum for those who own either one. It is just a thought though... just my .02

Creative Mayhem

Croix71
04-15-2002, 09:35 AM
It would be nice to have should the need arise. But as of right now I feel a seperate E-Mag forum wouldn't be implemented because it's more of a convenience and not a neccesity.

DiRTyBuNNy
04-15-2002, 11:30 AM
the problem is guys..you haven't answered the question that made me think that an eMAg forum would be beneficial for the forum..what do you tell a person who is interested in an eMag but is new to forum...when he posts a thread asking about the eMag and all the mods and regulars start berating him for not using the "search" tools..he'll probably just take off and not come back...

Croix71
04-15-2002, 01:11 PM
Sorry that happened. People do get tired of reposting responses to repetitive questions over and over again.

As for alternatives how about using PMs. For example, if I had an E-Mag question I'd go and PM someone who posts a lot that owns an E-Mag. Hmmmm, for example should I have a question off the top of my head I'd ask Army, Miscue, Synreal, or LaW. These guys are proud of their E-Mags and they have I figure they would have something to say. These are just a few but there are a ton of other people who I could ask questions to as well. They may not all respond but I'm sure one of them will.

cphilip
04-15-2002, 01:26 PM
You mean I am not on the top of your head Croix71? I am so humiliated.... :(

Please NO MORE FORUMS! Arggggggggggghhhhhhh! :D

xmetal2001
04-15-2002, 02:32 PM
We definatly have enough forums already, i like going to the main forum to see a new page of posts, not having to go to 10 different forums just to see one new post in each

DiRTyBuNNy
04-15-2002, 02:36 PM
all you have to do is change the "Angel Owners Forum" header to "Electro Forum" and then dump an eMAg forum in there..and who says we don't need more mods..you guys shouldn't be doing more than 2-3 forums each...

Croix71
04-15-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
You mean I am not on the top of your head Croix71? I am so humiliated.... :(

Yeah, because you haven't posted pics of your new Red grips with your Mag!! :D

DiRTyBuNNy
04-15-2002, 03:02 PM
considering how well you read what other people write before you hit the reply button i can understand. What i've said the whole time is...imagine you know nothing about mags..and you hear about Automags.org..and you think the eMag is really cool..so you drop on..you don't find anything specific about it..so you post in the main forum..asking about emags...what people think about them..how they shoot..yadda yadda yadda..all of a sudden you're pelted with people say..Why didn't you just use the search? and blah blah blah..you're gonna be like..screw these people..i was just asking a few questions..and there gonna say..wow..these people are little hostile for me...now i may be a little off-base here..but i mean..we want AO to grow..and i've already seen this kind of behavior happening..rather than someone just finding the info and just saying ..hey..you're new...here's the info but try the search next time..people just start berating the guy...

DOWNWITHANGELS
04-15-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
all you have to do is change the "Angel Owners Forum" header to "Electro Forum" and then dump an eMAg forum in there..

Thats a great idea.

HoppysMag
04-15-2002, 04:53 PM
at the moment we have no offical "Mag Forum" all we have is tech and paintball talk. Dont make a seperate EMAG forum. if your going to make a new forum, make a mag forum.

well that is unless you dont think us poor slobs who cant afford an emag arnt good enough to share a forum with you.Then by all means master please climb up to your all high and mighty throne! if people want to find out about emags let them search. and by your reasoning then when people come in searching for minimag stuff we should make a minimag forum. And An RT forum.... or what the hey lets seperate the RT's from the RT pros. then ofcourse we need a micromag forum, o and a 68Classic forum............ We have too many forums now. We dont need anymore. and dont try to make your self feel bigger by suggesting that you need your own forum. away from the rest of us.

EDIT:i have a headache the size of montana. so i put this into kinda mean words. but i mean what i say. if you want an Emag forum, fine by all means have it, but then we need a 68 forum, a Minimag forum, and rt forum, and proteam products fall into respective catagories. (IE micro Emag in emag, Micromag into 68, Retro minmag into ether RT or 68..... ect) i quesse there could be a 68/Mini if we must but we will cross that bridge if we get there.

FooTemps
04-15-2002, 05:28 PM
Ok... easy equation here...

Forums = F
AO= automags.org
PBN/PBC = you know what I mean!

F + AO = PBN/PBC Clone

DiRTyBuNNy
04-16-2002, 12:18 AM
See..but you guys haven't provided me with an answer to the question i posted about three posts up..once you can answer that then we can talk..and I'm all for some of the new forums getting the axe..i don't think we need all the different trading forums..i liked it back when we had a traders forum and a dealers forum...but i digress....

cphilip
04-16-2002, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Croix71

Yeah, because you haven't posted pics of your new Red grips with your Mag!! :D

I haven't gotten them yet! But I will.

MikeCouves
04-16-2002, 05:57 AM
Well I don't think we need aanother forum with all the new ones we have. We have enough forums! I can't keep up with all the new ones.

HoppysMag
04-16-2002, 07:38 AM
DiRTyBuNNy
the answer to your question is if we made an emag forum, then we would need to make one for all the guns. becuase under your logic what if someone wants info about a Minimag?
We would need a MiniMag forum. I hate to burst your bubble but there are other AGD guns besides Emags. Mearly suggesting that Emags get there own forum is like telling me im not good enough becuase i cant afford an emag on my allowance & part time job money. (around 50$ a week). If you want an emag forum, fine by all means, but then we need forums for all the other guns, and mabey one for Pro Team Products guns too. If you only want an EMAG forum get down off your high horse and dont complain.

pip_999
04-16-2002, 07:45 AM
"if i give one to you
i have to give one to EVERYONE"

same kinda comcept, people will start demanding things, besides if it is a new guy who posts bout e-mags, most people look at there post count before we start "flaming" (as you guys call it) and most of the members are nice enough to do serachs for them and direct to a similar post

i know i sometimes do