PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Automag

Kneten
04-15-2002, 12:13 PM
hi!
I bought a used mag from a friend of mine, and tried it out some days ago. I had two or three shots, and then it started to leak at the rear end of the mag.

So I looked into the manual, and changed all the o-rings in the mag, even the regulator seat. Oiled all parts, and reassembled the marker.

Tried it once again, and the same thing happend, 4 shots, then it died.. Still the trigger was hard, but nothing happend..except for the leak.
The thing is that I use Carbondioxide, and the tank has a antisyphon installed.. So this wouldŽnt let the liquid enter the marker.
Maybe I shall by an Airsystem instead??
And, another question too, how far shall I put the regulator nut in the marker??

Could you please help me??..

With best regards
/Kenneth

(I have a Automag Classic PF, from 95 or 96)

Potatoboy
04-15-2002, 01:50 PM
Was it leaking from the little allen hole in the adjuster nut?

If so back it out a little bit because the velocity is too high.

FrAuStY
04-15-2002, 01:55 PM
Was the anti-siphon tank setup for the air source adapter on this marker? Or was it setup for another marker? the reason I'm asking is the anti siphon tube could actually be submerged in the liquid CO2 if it was not installed for use with this gun. Your best bet in the long run would be get a HPA tank (Air tank instead of co2) If you do this make sure the regulator piston in the back half of the gun is the one used for HPA.
It could already have the HPA piston in it..and since you're using c02 (delivered at approx 1100 to 1200 psi instead of 800 psi on air) it could be causing the leak since the pressure is too high with the CO2 tank. Find someone who has and screw-in style air tank and see if that fixes the problem..if so..buy an air tank :D if not... I don't know...I'm not a mag magician lol

hitech
04-15-2002, 02:09 PM
Leaking out the back like that is usually because the over pressure valve in the reg. is activating. Liguid CO2 making it's way into the marker can cause that. So can a bad reg. seat. Having the velocity way to high can also. You might want to try another reg. seat. Also turn the velocity down (shoot a couple of times after each turn) until you are sure it's not to high.

izod_kal
04-15-2002, 08:27 PM
i have the same problem, is it reall just a matter of turning the velocity down? I will try this, thx.