PDA

View Full Version : looking into a new marker, i could use sugguestions

Revalation999
04-15-2002, 01:53 PM
i've been playing for about 3 years now, my first gun was a spyder compact2k, than a cocker and we didnt realy get along vary well, and now im using a spyder flash, totaly tricked out, and now im looking to steer away from spyders. i've heard realy nothing at all bad about mags or this forum, and i'm looking into getting a mag. if anyone could give me sugguestions on what to buy, i'm gunna have round about 400-500 bucks to spend. I already own a nitro tank, so im mainly just into parts and what model to buy. any comments and sugguestions will be appriceated.

Revalation999
04-15-2002, 01:55 PM
and one more thing, i'm also looking into starting a turny team, called team revalation, and i can go higher on the money, but i realy dont want to go over 500

skipdogg
04-15-2002, 02:02 PM
If your playing on a Tourny team, try to get an RT Pro. It'll cost you about 550 though. Its Great right out the box. If your staying under 500, then you don't have much of a choice. Either a powerfeed mag or a minimag. Either cost around 250-300. With the 200 left over you could get a warp.

Potatoboy
04-15-2002, 02:03 PM
I think for around that price range you'll be more than happy with an RTPro or ReTro Mag.

You can usually find them in around that price range.

Granted it's still a mechanical trigger, but the pull it like nothing you've ever seen before.

You might want to keep an eye on the classifieds section and see if anyone is trying to pawn one off.

toymyster
04-15-2002, 02:23 PM
Since you are looking into doing tourneys go with the Rt Pro, You should have no problems getting one with your budget!!!

liigod
04-15-2002, 05:09 PM
look into matricies with trinity mods, and what i really like, ground zero intimidators. 900 bucks and i think they perform better than anything else ive shot.

heres a pic of mine

personman
04-15-2002, 05:49 PM
If you get an RT/pro, keep in mind that you will have to use nitro. If you dont like the bouncyness of the trigger, then you could just buy a classic, and upgrade it as you please. Spyder flashes r hella fast though.

Nitroduck
04-15-2002, 06:19 PM
Bushmaster 2000
PF Automag
VF Autococker

3 best choices in the sub-$500 range....

You could look into used Timmies, RTPs, and Matrixes in the $500 range as well.

WickeDKlowN
04-15-2002, 06:27 PM
I would say Bushy, MiniMag, or P/F Mag. Or you could get a used RT Pro around that price range.

bunkerking
04-15-2002, 06:31 PM
Vision Impulse.

Revalation999
04-15-2002, 10:13 PM
is 600 a good price for a rt pro? i found it one 888paintball, or is there some place lower? i think im going to go ahead with an rt pro.
and yeah person man, my flash is realy fast, and i got it lowpressure, even though every one seems to say compact bodys can't go under 400psi, come look at mine, right around 300 psi, only thing is that syders are not as reliable and well put together as other markers.

thanks for all your feed back, if anyone knows were to find a lower priced rt some where i'd be vary gratefull.

vf-xx, i would look proly look into your offering but i gotta wait for my taxes before i can get any thing realy and i only sent them off like a week ago.

DaosBeoulve
04-15-2002, 10:21 PM
$600 is a pretty good price, but you can find them for lower. www.modifiedpaintball.com has a special on right now and they're on sale for $573. Don's a great guy too. I have a Pro and I love it.

AngelBoy
04-16-2002, 05:28 AM
Get an EM1. You seem to know a lot about spyders, and you wont have to learn another gun. You've had 2 already, so you can use the upgrades you already have and the barrels you aready have. They are pretty nice, and I've seen people rip on them. If not that, then get an impulse.

pip_999
04-16-2002, 05:37 AM
stear away from those, so basically dont go for any sort of spyder, pirahna, tippman etc

even if its electro, sear will wear away

Revalation999
04-16-2002, 07:07 AM
em1s are proly one of the worst markers i've ever seen, falling just above stingrays. the stock bolt blows and no one makes new ones, and many ppl who buy them have compared them to a blander with a barrel and on switch(trigger). ive watch ppl go to openplay, try chronoing and they couldn't cause it would would only chop and jam. plus i dont realy wanna get an electro, i pre the good ol' mechanics that i can understand.

pip_999
04-16-2002, 07:28 AM
if you dont end up gettin the rtpro
why not buy a used mag for like 200 (approx)
then get a retro valve, and trade in teh other valve, then you would leave yourself wiht an extra 100
to buy a boomstick or something

SPOOKI
04-16-2002, 08:04 AM
I know that I'm going to be reiterating on what everyone has said already but for anyone who knows me I like to put my two cents worth in.;) In anycase, if you want to go with a mag and still stay within that set price range then I'm going to have to agree with purchasing the RT Pro. It's a nice gun straight out the box, VF, just slap on a decent tank and your ready to go. This is especially good if you're trying to get away from electros. Personally I'd spring for the cocker but as you seem to have bad results with them I won't urge you to get another one. I'm not sure where the best deal is to buy one as I've not tried to price an RTPro lately but the price posted for $573 seems like one of your better deals. Hope that maybe some of that was helpful.

-Lance

Revalation999
04-16-2002, 01:47 PM
i got my prices mixed, its 600 at local shop, 573 at 888.

vf-xx, are you saying you'd sell the gun and nitro for 500?!
if so i'd snatch it up but i still gotta wait till my taxes i think cause i got car insurance coming and i only make like 400-700 dollars a month(taco bell isnt a good place for relieable hours).

i got a question abought the rt pro though: if i buy the rtpro new, i already a 68ci 3000psi crossfire preset n2 tank, will i hafta get a new adjustable tank, or will my tank work fine? i believe the preset is some where round 800-850, and i also have an air america black ice reg on my spyder, would there be any way to use that on the rt if needed?
again thanx for all the feedback this is real helpful.

p.s. anyone wanna buy a spyder flash, 12"Xsystem barrel, magnaport valve, max-flow valve pin, 32*spring kit, drilled out verticle adapter higher air flow, stock bolt with the venturi taken out to make a high flow open face low pressure bolt( a.k.a. the poor mans lightning bolt, i spare no expense lol), aa black ice reg, blue marcoline w/fittings, purple to blue fade ano and a blue 12 revie with american nightmare sticker? it'd make a good back up for some one.

Revalation999
04-16-2002, 01:53 PM
ok, with all the stuff i have listed on my spyder, do you guys think i could possabbly get 300, maybe 350 or 400 out of? It's seriously in great, great condition.

Cliffio
04-16-2002, 02:04 PM
i dont think anyone will spend 300 bucks on a spyder, maybe a few folks but not many

i suggest buying an angel led for around 600

you wont regret it, and its easy to learn how to operate, very simple!

just my opinion

Cliff

pip_999
04-16-2002, 02:54 PM
didnt he say he wanted to steer away from electros

Cliffio
04-16-2002, 03:01 PM
i dunno i was distracted by your monsterous signature

Revalation999
04-16-2002, 03:02 PM
i've never seen an angel under 999.99 and that was and uncut or carved, no engraving base lcd. where did u find one for 600?

i'm trying to get away from an electro to or else i'd be geting a vision impulse. i dont know why but every type of gun like that with a hair trigger i can't keep my finger still. plus where i like to play the most u can use is 3 shot burst.

you say noone will pay 300 for a spyder? take a look at al the flashes kids seem to have, they're all nooooobs but thats besides the point, look on the kingmanusa forums, THOSE KIDS ARE FREAKS! they seriously think like spyders are gods gift to paintball. i've seen offers on ppl markers ranging upto 1000 bucks for a tricked out tl plus that would only cost like 400 to do it yourself

pip_999
04-16-2002, 03:05 PM
wow cliffio
that was ALMOST funny
ALMOST

maybe next time buddy

Cliffio
04-16-2002, 03:05 PM
im not a n00b so i couldnt tell you how they think, but no one I know would pay that much for a spyder

and angel LED not LCD, and im talkin used not new
since they dont make leds anymore

i was only making a suggestion, its a very solid gun, just what i think you should buy

Cliff

Revalation999
04-16-2002, 03:59 PM
what do you think would be a good asking price for my flash?here some prices for stuff:
marker:250-300 depending on where you look
x-system barrel:60
aa black ice:60
magnaport valve and max-flow valve pin:22
32*spring kit:10
for the work put into it and the home mods:15
any ideas what to look for? remember it is kind of an eletro, a spyder extra with esp grips and some fancy anodizing, and i've used proly 5 or 6 times.
i'm trying to get rid of it so i can get my mag a.s.a.p. so i'm prity open to any sugguestions on how much to sell it for

Cliffio
04-16-2002, 04:32 PM
i bet you could get 250 easy
ask for any more and you might have to wait awhile

altho im not big on spyder resale

Cliff

FeelTheRT
04-16-2002, 04:35 PM
Markers that are hot this year...

Intimidators
Impulses
high end Cockers

Revalation999
04-16-2002, 05:32 PM
ok i only have one more question for everyone: if i get the rt, im using a crossfire 68ci 3000psi nitro tank, will i hafta get a secondary reg, or will it work fine if i just plug in the tank? i believe the preset is 800 or 850.

i'm definatly getting the rt pro from 888paintball.
thanx alot for all your guy's feedback and answering my questions.